Boring foods

Felguy

Oh whoops! I have indeed misread potatoes as tomatoes. My mistake.

I can understand putting butter on potatoes. Although I put sour cream on them, not butter. And I add salt into the cooking water, not on the already cooked potatoes.

I really like even just cooked potatoes without any dairy product on it though. Potatoes are good in any form.

5 hours ago, Seli said:

How much of that is due to the new world not making a proper distinction between eating and pickling cucumbers (aka gherkins).

Is that a fact?  I've never known anyone who didn't know which kind to pickle. 

I just love brined dilled pickles soooo much that a regular cucumber tastes "raw" to me. 

On 1/24/2016 at 3:09 AM, Buckwheat said:

ETA: Speaking of it, butter by itself is really bland. Probably that is why butter is not eaten by itself.

My cat will disagree with you bucky, but that's why we cover the butter dish.

I honestly can't think of a single food that's boring.  Maybe tofu,  but even that is really nice in soup.  I got nothin.

On 24. 1. 2016 at 5:31 PM, Datepalm said:

I like raw cucumber just as is just fine. And add a bit of salt or yogurt or both or something, and it's a whole food-meal-type-thing. Nothing wrong with cucumber.

I agree, cucumber is even really refreshing in the summer. Once I was with some relatives on a hot day and we had a dish of cut cucumbers and a dish of some sweet biscuits on the table. Cucumbers tasted better. My grandmother grows excellent cucumbers in her garden.

2 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

My cat will disagree with you bucky, but that's why we cover the butter dish.

Well at least now you can be sure that I am not a cat posting on a fantasy message board. ;)

37 minutes ago, Felguy said:

Do you inhale more air while eating cucumber?

Not that I know of.  They make me burp no matter how I consume them.  Plain, juiced, blended, shredded in a dip, cooked.  It's not even real burping.  It's like dainty little burps or something.  

When they are pickled it's ok.  Though, I find pickles sort of boring, tbh.  

Just now, Dr. Pepper said:

Not that I know of.  They make me burp no matter how I consume them.  Plain, juiced, blended, shredded in a dip, cooked.  It's not even real burping.  It's like dainty little burps or something.  

When they are pickled it's ok.  Though, I find pickles sort of boring, tbh.  

Maybe it has something to do that they are like 90%+ made of water? :P

9 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Only boring people get bored by food.

but.... That being said. Communion wafers. Jesus. Even smothered in hot sauce... nothing. I mean sheesh, bring a book, man.

Haaaaa you're boring yourself. :P

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Plain oatmeal. About once every year I eat it because it sounds like a good idea. It never is.

And I know that it was already mentioned under the moniker 'porridge'. It just had to be repeated.

Yup, but try chocolatemilk with it, much better.

12 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Only boring people get bored by food.

but.... That being said. Communion wafers. Jesus. Even smothered in hot sauce... nothing. I mean sheesh, bring a book, man.

They're very close to rice cakes - in fact, I think they **are** made from the same thing.   

But how would you be in a situation where you had to eat communion wafers??  It's not like you'd have to eat any quantity of them when taking communion. 

That being said, there's a candy, believe it or not, that is shaped like a flying saucer and has little beads of sugar in the hollow core, and it is exactly a COMMUNION WAFER!!1!!   It is said to be one of the most sought-after old-time candies.  The gods only know why. 

Satellite Wafers aka Flying Saucers

3 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

They're very close to rice cakes - in fact, I think they **are** made from the same thing.   

But how would you be in a situation where you had to eat communion wafers??  It's not like you'd have to eat any quantity of them when taking communion. 

That being said, there's a candy, believe it or not, that is shaped like a flying saucer and has little beads of sugar in the hollow core, and it is exactly a COMMUNION WAFER!!1!!   It is said to be one of the most sought-after old-time candies.  The gods only know why. 

Oh nice, pass it over here. :P (if you ever find it)

I like that communion bread, but only with the wine.

Archived