Boring foods

Felguy

Just now, Leap said:

This, this, a thousand times this. 

Always needs salt as a leftover though, and it goes well in a sandwich.[/] But what doesn't?

I was hoping I would t be the one to bring that up :lol: but yes, it absolutely does. Dear god I eat some shite.

My bad guys, let me amend that statement: American lasagna is typically boring as shit. I haven't tried a proper authentic lasagna so I dunno about that. But, I'm not too into the bland, thick, marinara/carb monster fusion that passes for a meal here too often. 

4 minutes ago, Weeping Sore said:

Your standard yellow banana is pretty boring. I mean it's not bad, exactly. Just kind of...oh yay, a banana. I guess I'll eat it if there's nothing else around.

Boring yellow banana, meet adventurous hazelnut chocolate spread. Oh also, here's your menage-a-trois partner, salty-sweet peanut butter.

Enjoy the evening.

1 minute ago, TerraPrime said:

Boring yellow banana, meet adventurous hazelnut chocolate spread. Oh also, here's your menage-a-trois partner, salty-sweet peanut butter.

Enjoy the evening.

But it pales compared to having your bee-stung lips around a daikon radish...

Wouldn't putting chocolate and peanut butter all over a banana sort of defeat the purpose of eating the banana?.  Plus, holy sugar overload.  

I admit, I also find fruit terribly boring.  Most of the time, I simply force myself to eat it.  I can mask the boring taste by throwing them in smoothies, but I still know I'm eating something I don't like simply to reap random health benefits.  I try to get excited about fruit, but then I eat it and it's such a disappointment because it's just fruit and it bores my tastebuds.

Just now, Dr. Pepper said:

Wouldn't putting chocolate and peanut butter all over a banana sort of defeat the purpose of eating the banana?.  Plus, holy sugar overload.  

I admit, I also find fruit terribly boring.  Most of the time, I simply force myself to it it.  I can mask the boring taste by throwing them in smoothies, but I still know I'm eating something I don't like simply to reap random health benefits.  I try to get excited about fruit, but then I eat it and it's such a disappointment because it's just fruit and it bores my tastebuds.

I try to get it mostly through vegetables. But fruit is nice too.

I am not aware that there is a singular purpose of eating fruit. I was operating under the assumption that you can eat it just to enjoy it, and to that end, whatever makes it enjoyable is permitted and encouraged.

I mean, what's the purpose of eating proteins? To gain the material to sustain life? Well then, why go to the trouble of grilling a rib eye when you can just drink protein powder shakes?

Given the variety of fruits, it just makes no sense to me to say that fruits taste boring. Apples and oranges alone come in numerous varieties that have differences in taste and texture. Then there are the varieties of berries, ranging from strawberry to raspberry. In stone fruits, you have peaches, cherries, and apricots, each with their respective varieties. A few varieties of pears, from anjou to Asian. And these are all common fruits. To get to the more exotic types, we have pineapple, kiwi, mangos (several varieties), passion fruit, lychee, durian, longan, loquat, wax apple/jambu fruit, persimmon, guava (varieties thereof), pomegranate, star fruit, papaya, and a few that I don't know the English name for. I am sure that I am missing some that would be indigenous to the African continent, too.

17 minutes ago, TerraPrime said:

I am not aware that there is a singular purpose of eating fruit. I was operating under the assumption that you can eat it just to enjoy it, and to that end, whatever makes it enjoyable is permitted and encouraged.

I mean, what's the purpose of eating proteins? To gain the material to sustain life? Well then, why go to the trouble of grilling a rib eye when you can just drink protein powder shakes?

Because rib eye is good :D  Fruit is tasty indeed, and healthy to boot so why not? 

I do like vegetables as well though, namely onions/red onions, so good....

And yes, fruits do not taste boring, they are for the most part good tasting. (except grapefruit, yuck, but at least it isn't boring, just nasty to me)

If one doesn't like protein shakes, then it doesn't make sense to drink protein powder shakes when they think  rib eyes are fine, if boring.  

I think fruit is boring (and I've tried all of those fruits you've listed, though admittedly I enjoy breadfruit), but it doesn't necessarily mean that I despise it.  I simply find no excitement in it. It's just something that exists and something that is a necessary part of my diet a couple times a week. I never think to myself how much I'm craving I'm craving a tangerine.

As for eating purely for enjoyment, well, that's not for everyone.  I can't eat cheese all day long.  

Potatoes (need a lot of something and can be a base to make awesome things)

Carrots (like eating moist dirty wood chips, but I use them in cooking all the time)

Anything my sister in law makes that isn't dessert (It's like her spice cabinet is bare)

Archived