TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Funny story about that. We acquired it recently specifically because one of my friends was always saying she never got the proper Freshers experience, and that she was sad because all the other flats have their traffic cones. So when my other friend and her boyfriend went to the theatre last week  they picked up a traffic cone on the way home. As you do.

I had a men at work sign for a while. Or as it should be known men putting up umbrellas.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Funny story about that. We acquired it recently specifically because one of my friends was always saying she never got the proper Freshers experience, and that she was sad because all the other flats have their traffic cones. So when my other friend and her boyfriend went to the theatre last week  they picked up a traffic cone on the way home. As you do.

I wanted to ask why you have a traffic cone in your living room when I saw that picture.

I think this post is supposed to explain it, but I am still confused.

Why would you steal a traffic cone and bring it home and keep it?

Or am I just too tired to understand?

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You're too sober to understand 8) You need to be very drunk indeed for stealing a traffic cone to seem like a good idea, and getting very drunk indeed is a traditional part of student culture. It's the policewoman's helmet and the suspenders I don't understand...

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I wanted to ask why you have a traffic cone in your living room when I saw that picture.

I think this post is supposed to explain it, but I am still confused.

2 hours ago, felice said:

You're too sober to understand 8) You need to be very drunk indeed for stealing a traffic cone to seem like a good idea, and getting very drunk indeed is a traditional part of student culture. It's the policewoman's helmet and the suspenders I don't understand...

Felipe has it correct. Though as I say, we didn't acquire it while drunk. None of us are really up for that sort of thing, but we wanted a cone :) 

Felice, is the helmet and suspenders thing addressed to me? There were none in the photo....Or was it part of a joke/reference I'm being to dim to see?

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Felice, is the helmet and suspenders thing addressed to me? There were none in the photo....Or was it part of a joke/reference I'm being to dim to see?

Sorry, I was quoting Red Dwarf. Nothing dim about failing to recognise a line from a TV show more than a quarter of a century old 8)

Just now, felice said:

Sorry, I was quoting Red Dwarf. Nothing dim about failing to recognise a line from a TV show more than a quarter of a century old 8)

Oh I see! I've actually seen bits of Red Dwarf but never really sat down to watch it properly, it's more a case of seeing bits and pieces when my uncle has been watching it while I was there.

It's a great show, at least for the first five seasons. Goes down hill a bit after that, especially season eight which is rather awful, but season ten is quite a return to form. I'm looking forward to season eleven, which is due out this year.

1 minute ago, BB-Rhae said:

I must say I'm not liking the turn things have taken in the season finale. 

Hide contents

Ragnar with that awful woman, plague killing Siggy's and Lagertha's daughters, Rollo being an ass again... 

I just hope season 2 will bring some awesome stuff. 

I'm not sure exactly what they were going for, but I've not seen a single person who likes her even a little. :lol:

13 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Damn Priest.

:angry:

Go to the corner and think about what you just said.

11 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

I must say I'm not liking the turn things have taken in the season finale. 

Hide contents

Ragnar with that awful woman, plague killing Siggy's and Lagertha's daughters, Rollo being an ass again... 

I just hope season 2 will bring some awesome stuff. 

Well, about that ... nobody really likes that part.

I broke my night lamp today morning. A great start of the day.

11 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I'm not sure exactly what they were going for, but I've not seen a single person who likes her even a little. :lol:

From one point of view that's a relief to know. I can't imagine how could anybody like this woman. And from another, I wonder if it was intentional. If the creators wanted a character for everyone to dislike, then thumbsup, it worked, however, if they aimed for just a nice new woman, they sort of screwed it up. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No hot water. AGAIN! 

*screams at the plumber down the phone*

Oh no, that's so annoying :( fingers crossed that you frightened the plumber enough that he fixes it soon. 

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:angry:

Go to the corner and think about what you just said.

Well, about that ... nobody really likes that part.

I broke my night lamp today morning. A great start of the day.

the priest is a stunner with his half Viking jeweled beard. :commie::lol: 

the light bulb too or just the lamp itself? :( 

3 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

the priest is a stunner with his half Viking jeweled beard. :commie::lol: 

the light bulb too or just the lamp itself? :( 

The glass part of the lamp, the light bulb just stopped working, but stayed whole on the outside. Light bulb is less problematic, since it can be replaced. (It was possible to replace it before, but they stopped making them apparently.) The glass shade thingy cannot be replaced. Looks like I will have a bare lamp from now on, just the holder and the light bulb.

I am really angry at myself for it. I am so clumsy.

Archived