TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

16 hours ago, Eyron said:

I noticed there's a bunch of Abba fans here. Which song is the best?

Some of the ones I like are The winner takes it all, Chiquitita and SOS. I was never a huge fan though, but naturally I have heard them a lot :lol:

My son's father (who I have been very close to for 22 years) got a little tipsy at his birthday party a few years ago.  To put this in context, he is a military veteran from the 82nd airborne, originally from Maine and all around tough guy.

He announced to the room that he was about to play his favorite song.

He started the record player and sat on the floor with his arms crossed looking very serious.

"The dancing queen" started playing.

My best friend caught my eye over his shoulder looking like her eyes were about to pop out of her head.  We all started howling.  I was laughing so hard I was in tears.

Son's dad yelled, "WHAT????? IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SONG!!!!!"

11 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

My son's father (who I have been very close to for 22 years) got a little tipsy at his birthday party a few years ago.  To put this in context, he is a military veteran from the 82nd airborne, originally from Maine and all around tough guy.

He started the record player and sat on the floor with his arms crossed looking very serious.

My best friend caught my eye over his shoulder looking like her eyes were about to pop out of her head.  We all started howling.  I was laughing so hard I was in tears.

Man walks around the room playing that, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Alternative interpretation.

4 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

:rofl: that is so sweet. And it only speaks to his favor.

14 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I see you absolutely hate this show and do not want to see another minute of it, right, RB? :P

Why else would I be on season 3 by now? :eek: 

btw, my current favorite thing about the show is learning all the medieval flirting techniques and pick up lines. 

Oh priest, I have sinned, I had a dream in which I lay naked with a man who was not my husband. It was you. 

Oh Lagertha, here, have a plow. I like experiment between our countries, plowing and fertilizing and sowing seed. 

1 minute ago, BB-Rhae said:

btw, my current favorite thing about the show is learning all the medieval flirting techniques and pick up lines. 

Oh priest, I have sinned, I had a dream in which I lay naked with a man who was not my husband. It was you. 

Oh Lagertha, here, have a plow. I like experiment between our countries, plowing and fertilizing and sowing seed. 

And now the thread is back to being lewd again. Good. 

CetIVNd.png

8 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

I move that somebody from this thread tries these out and report the results. We need to see if they actually work.

For science.

I need a new show. I mean, I do not need it, but I want to watch a new show. I think I will give Grimm a try.

What I absolutely need to do is cut down a third of my paper, which I do not want to do because I have already shortened it as much as I could and do not want to leave more things out. Silly length restrictions. *gives length restrictions a sideeye* <_<

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I need a new show. I mean, I do not need it, but I want to watch a new show. I think I will give Grimm a try.

What I absolutely need to do is cut down a third of my paper, which I do not want to do because I have already shortened it as much as I could and do not want to leave more things out. Silly length restrictions. *gives length restrictions a sideeye* <_<

:lol:

:rofl: 

:lmao: 

*cough* 

i could say that I feel you, but I don't. I usually struggle to get the minimum pages for papers. 

1 minute ago, BB-Rhae said:

:lol:

:rofl: 

:lmao: 

*cough* 

i could say that I feel you, but I don't. I usually struggle to get the minimum pages for papers. 

Yes I know. First world top student problems. <_<

Would you die of laughter if I told you that this is not an obligatory paper, this is something I signed up for myself? :blushing: (I do not want you to die of laughter, naturally!)

Just now, BB-Rhae said:

I, uh, took part in a students' conference giving a talk about this paper thingy ... :blushing:  ... that I am supposed to send in in a tweaked version for publication now ... :blushing: ... but my text is just slightly too long, it would seem ... :blushing: ... I was just interested in the topic ... :blushing: 

Please do not die, RB ...

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I, uh, took part in a students' conference giving a talk about this paper thingy ... :blushing:  ... that I am supposed to send in in a tweaked version for publication now ... :blushing: ... but my text is just slightly too long, it would seem ... :blushing: ... I was just interested in the topic ... :blushing: 

Please do not die, RB ...

Wow. #justtopstudentthings 

a publication is very cool, it's getting your name out there, career options and all. :thumbsup: 

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Which ones are those? I remember being sad a few times in season 3 but don't want to say why in case it's not those episodes!

These were 

Spoiler

Ep 5 - king ecbert ordered the slaughter of the viking settlement and fuck everybody over. I thought I liked that dude. 

Ep 6 - cutting off lady judith's ears. 

Archived