Underrated Actors and Actresses

TheMightyKC

12 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Carrie Coon. Why does this woman get no love? *rhetorical question* I know it's because no one watches The Leftovers. :( 

She's easily one of the best actresses working right now though. 

I opened this thread to post this. The fact that she wasn't even nominated is just an insult to the entire concept of paying attention. 

40 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Agreed. She's the reason I watch it. Although William H Macy is good too, but she carries the show. 

Yep. I was gonna mention William H Macy, though I'm not sure if he's considered underrated given his Oscar nom and many Emmy nominations.

4 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Fargo seems to be changing this finally, but I'd say Kirsten Dunst is one of the most underrated actresses in the US as well.

I haven't seen Fargo, but I would agree that Dunst is underrated. She doesn't deserve to be remembered as Spidey girl only.

5 hours ago, Durckad said:

Cillian Murphy and Eva Green.

Both great in everything I've seen them in and both just don't seem to get that much work.

Agreed. Both are great and don't get nearly as many roles as they deserve. Whatever I see them in I usually end up feeling they've just completely stole the show (the most glaring example being that 300 movie - didn't really enjoy it but thought Eva Green killed it in her role). At least they both have stable positions as tv leads though.

14 minutes ago, Arkash said:

Domhnall Gleeson.

That guy will go quite far !

Amen... He was everywhere this year... The busiest supporting actor :)

I do think he might be the next great Brit thing :)

16 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Josh Hartnett. People cruelly refer to him as 'Danny from Pearl Harbor' sometimes, completely overlooking things like his performance in the underrated Lucky Number Slevin.

Both Slevin and his performance in it are awesome.

12 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Also, Lauren Cohen... she emotes really well on a show with a lot of average actors...

She generally doesn't make much of an impression on me on TWD. Though I agree that she emotes well (looking at S05E08 of that show).

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Michael Stuhlbarg.

Good one. Based on Boardwalk Empire I take it?

Okay, I know not many people watch this show, but Amanda Schull (Cassie) from 12 Monkeys blew me away ! Cant wait for the second season of that show !  The actress portraying Jennifer was very good as well, but it was more a case of "traditional bananas"; so really fun acting, but not as meaty as Cassie's role ! 

Oh, and come on ! How could I forget the actress playing Katarina ! So much amazing actors in that show ! 

Carrie from Banshee - I've only ever play ''the hot girl'' in anything else I've ever seen her in (Just Like Heaven, Love Actually) but she's shown just how kick ass and brilliant she is in Banshee and she deserves more work and recognition. 

Basically all the actors of Banshee tbh, they're just knocking it out of the park and half of them I've never seen in anything else. 

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Kit Harrington

Really not. His acting is bland and extremely limited. He's improved slightly but not much since I first saw him on GoT. Really needs to learn that there is more than one facial expression you can use

Archived