Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

8 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Like H.L. Mencken once said, “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” HBO is counting on that. Thing is, as shows like "The Sopranos" and "Wolf Hall" have shown, TV can be both popular and smart. This show has a galloping case of the stupids.

There, fixed. :)

Season 4 rant, at your service... Can't get the link to work, but a reprise...

Meera almost raped, just because. Bronn chiding Jaime for not honoring St. Tyrion. St. Tyrion horning in on Jaime and Brienne's goodbye scene a la the tender gift to Pod (who he forgot in the books, instead, Brienne, who took care of Pod in the books, is nasty to him). Sansa sobbing about the Red Wedding in front of a Lannister. Only Your Sister! I know what you want! (Who cares what Sansa wants.) Darth Sansa! Mini Needle! The Hound stealing silver instead of working hard and wishing he could settle down but leaving peacefully. Nothing is just nothing! The SanSan slaps (Sansa slapping SR, Sandor slapping Arya). Arya and the Hound at the Bloody Gate but no one cares! The Hound vs. Brienne! Jaime raping Cersei! And sweeping aside the White Book and fucking the sister who wanted to kill his brother in the White Sword Tower, then oddly rescuing him. Cersei threatening Tywin to blab about committing incest (TREASON)! Beetles! St. Tyrion killing Shae in self-defense! Forgetting about Tysha, just killing Tywin because he called a whore a whore! Oberyn living at THE brothel! Burping whores! Cannibal Thenns! Hell hath no fury like Ygritte scorned! POTATOES! Olly.

(And these are all show changes...)

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It was full of totally illogical and stupid segments.

Like the Ironborn going to free Theon and then leaving him alive and running away cause dogs, and nobody wearing mail and leather killing Ramsay who is in silk PJs and no shirt.  That's stupid.

Locke at Craster's Keep.  Stupid.

Arya and the Hound going up to the Vale and announcing their true identities and then being let go.  Really, really stupid.

It wasted a ton of time on unimportant issues and then huge scenes like oh, Tywin dying were inexplicably short.

I'm sure I've forgotten another half dozen egregious examples of stupidity, but those are off the top of my head.

Fine but what you used are mostly little things for the most part they actually did events from book unlike 5 which next to Jon stabbed/Stannis is in snow/ and Ramsay rapes someone in front of Reek nothing was the same

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Fine but what you used are mostly little things for the most part they actually did events from book unlike 5 which next to Jon stabbed/Stannis is in snow/ and Ramsay rapes someone in front of Reek nothing was the same

Season 5 being laughable doesn't make Season 4 better.  It was hugely, unbelievably uneven.  It had some wonderful scenes.  It had a lot of stupid segments that ate up a lot of time for no purpose.

I literally can't remember a single segment from season 5 that was all good, I can barely remember any segments at all except for the ones that were memorably stupid.  I refuse to credit Hardhome since while the action directing was good, the fact that it ignores that FIRE KILLS WIGHTS and this is known in the show by everyone there..makes it another sloppy half assed effort.

Out of curiosity had Sansa still been raped by Ramsay but the storyline was my idea of Wyman shows up with like 1,000 men and LF pitches his idea as "anything goes wrong Wyman will protect you". But when LF leaves, the Freys show up and Wyman is now outnumbered and helpless to do anything as Sansa is wed and then raped by Ramsay. Then Sansa/Reek are then caught by the Umbers and taken to Stannis camp. Sansa then writes a letter posing as Karstark to Ramasy saying the right words to set him off so he marches out with the cavalry leading to the "nightlamp theory". What would the reaction here would of been?

2 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Out of curiosity had Sansa still been raped by Ramsay but the storyline was my idea of Wyman shows up with like 1,000 men and LF pitches his idea as "anything goes wrong Wyman will protect you". But when LF leaves, the Freys show up and Wyman is now outnumbered and helpless to do anything as Sansa is wed and then raped by Ramsay. Then Sansa/Reek are then caught by the Umbers and taken to Stannis camp. Sansa then writes a letter posing as Karstark to Ramasy saying the right words to set him off so he marches out with the cavalry leading to the "nightlamp theory". What would the reaction here would of been?

The main issue would've still been present in that Sansa was raped, as Le Cygne says. That would never have worked, no matter how it plays out.

11 minutes ago, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

The main issue would've still been present in that Sansa was raped, as Le Cygne says. That would never have worked, no matter how it plays out.

Never.

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There is no alternative or option or idea or whatever that could ever make Sansa Poole Bolton make sense. Not a one.

Not a one.

5 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

We still have the fundamental problem that LF isn't getting anything out of marrying Sansa to the Boltons, who he can't control, and is instead losing his most important piece on the board, and getting nothing in return. Sansa shouldn't be expendable for LF plans because w/out her he has nothing.   He has no children of his own.  He's a nobody.  So, he won't be able to hold the Vale either w/out Sansa.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

We still have the fundamental problem that LF isn't getting anything out of marrying Sansa to the Boltons, who he can't control, and is instead losing his most important piece on the board, and getting nothing in return. Sansa shouldn't be expendable for LF plans because w/out her he has nothing.   He has no children of his own.  He's a nobody.  So, he won't be able to hold the Vale either w/out Sansa.

Or without Sweetrobin  - in the short term.  When he just hands him over to the Royces that would have been exactly the moment the Royces told LF to GTFO of the Vale and never come back...in a logical world that is.

Just now, Prince of the North said:

Or without Sweetrobin  - in the short term.  When he just hands him over to the Royces that would have been exactly the moment the Royces told LF to GTFO of the Vale and never come back...in a logical world that is.

Yes, I hate that they turned Bronze Yohn and Sweetrobin into LF fanboys.

LF schemed and plotted to get Sansa and Sweetrobin in his clutches, and gave up both in season 5.

Stoopid doesn't even begin to cover it.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yes, I hate that they turned Bronze Yohn and Sweetrobin into LF fanboys.

LF schemed and plotted to get Sansa and Sweetrobin in his clutches, and gave up both in season 5.

Stoopid doesn't even begin to cover it.

I disagree that Yohn is with LF, I still think he is against I just think he agrees Robin needs to be toughen up

15 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I disagree that Yohn is with LF, I still think he is against I just think he agrees Robin needs to be toughen up

If that's the case then Batfinger has doomed himself. There's no way that Bronze Yohn wouldn't just turn against him and take him down now he has Sweetrobin, and the showrunners couldn't let that happen, could they?

So, Bronze Yohn, another character that is the complete opposite of his book version. 

1 minute ago, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

If that's the case then Batfinger has doomed himself. There's no way that Bronze Yohn wouldn't just turn against him and take him down now he has Sweetrobin, and the showrunners couldn't let that happen, could they?

So, Bronze Yohn, another character that is the complete opposite of his book version. 

And Sweetrobin, too. He hugged LF. He was so happy to see him! :rolleyes:

LF just wants to be a good dad to him! LF is such a tenderhearted sort of guy.

My understanding is that the Vale lords did a legit turnaround on LF, and now they fully embrace him and support him [cough cough]...and they're not I assume going to see anything strange in marching North to free Sansa from the people that LF left her with...LOL.  

"Hey, Bronze Yohn, I gave Sansa to the Boltons, yeah, it was a hairbrained idea, but that's gone bad, so now I need the Vale to spill it's blood to fix my mistake"

"No problem, we're on it"

Archived