Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, the Sand Fakes were more stoopid to add to the Trystane and Myrcella stoopid to add to the Evil Ellaria stoopid. The whole storyline could have been reduced to a raven telling them that Myrcella was dead.

And the raven would have probably been more entertaining.

It was. It was supposed to be the beginning of the slap game, gods be good. 

Favorite Blackwater, hands down. Well written, well acted and generally a pretty good episode. Sophie was great as Sansa and she did shine in that episode, and so did Lena as Book!Cersei. Even the added scenes were enjoyable, tbh. 

Least, Bowed, Bent, Broken, because Snake!Fu and "You've seen Sansa as a girl" nonsense, combined with yawning about Arya's storyline and the dornish birth mark of Doom. Forget Sansa, that episode stands on it's own as far as stupid plots. 

22 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Also funny because Obara is supposed to be the most choleric and hot blooded of the Sand Snakes, but why keep things as they are when you can make arbitrary changes ?

And Tyene was sweet and gentle. AND SHE SEWED. She was doomed!

(And strong, too, but you can't be both...)

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

And Tyene was sweet and gentle. AND SHE SEWED. She was doomed!

Yes, the sewing most of everything.

But still, they cut Arianne, who is everything they like in a character: sexy, ambitious, uses her sexuality to achieve her goals (sort of)... But then she is liberated and actually enjoys sex, so...

Same for Tyene, she's the "wicked nun"cliché, they should have liked it. 

They can't even be lame coherently.

1 minute ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Yes, the sewing most of everything.

But still, they cut Arianne, who is everything they like in a character: sexy, ambitious, uses her sexuality to achieve her goals (sort of)... But then she is liberated and actually enjoys sex, so...

Same for Tyene, she's the "wicked nun"cliché, they should have liked it. 

They can't even be lame coherently.

Yeah, I don't get it. Dorne was actually sexy, but they didn't use any of it, just went straight for the stoopid.

So how the fuck is Sam supposed to bump into his family? I thought he was supposed to be going to Oldtown? I get that Hornhill is near Oldtown (I use the word 'near' very loosely here, considering that they'd be like a hundred miles apart or something given the size of Westeros), but according to the map it's not near the coast at all - which is where they SHOULD be arriving at Oldtown, the coast. They should be on a boat...shouldn't they. Or is the show honestly gonna use the Baelish teleporters again and have Sam, Gilly and Still!Little Sam just show up at Hornhill on that tiny, slow carriage they left on? Instead of getting on a boat at East-Watch-By-The-Sea? What? Travelling thousands of miles from the top of the kingdoms all the way to the bottom on that slow-ass carriage would take months! And yet I'm guessing the show will act like it's been a few days, or that they just went through a wormhole off-screen.

And why are they even stopping off at Hornhill? So that Sam can ask his dad for his ancestral Valyrian steel sword? Because I'm sure that Sam's dad would be totally cool with that, after Sam established that his dad doesn't like him very much. Sound thinking, you sex obsessed, deserting bastard. "My dad hates me and threatened to kill me if I didn't relinquish my inheritance because he didn't think I was worthy, I'm sure he'll be fine with me asking for his precious sword and bringing round my wilding girlfriend and her stunted inbred baby for dinner."

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

If they knew there would be 8 seasons instead of 7, Dorne should have been held off. I agree that Dorne is sexy, exotic even and rich with personalities. Wasted.

I don't think D&D is interested in portraying sexy. As I said before they seem to view the show a a long slasher film.

1 hour ago, LazyBazooka said:

And why are they even stopping off at Hornhill? So that Sam can ask his dad for his ancestral Valyrian steel sword? Because I'm sure that Sam's dad would be totally cool with that, after Sam established that his dad doesn't like him very much. Sound thinking, you sex obsessed, deserting bastard. "My dad hates me and threatened to kill me if I didn't relinquish my inheritance because he didn't think I was worthy, I'm sure he'll be fine with me asking for his precious sword and bringing round my wilding girlfriend and her stunted inbred baby for dinner."

I share your rant, just wondering, too.

In the books he was hoping that his evil dad would be impressed that he got a girl pregnant. But he knew his mother (that poor dear thing who tried to love her kids and was bullied by her evil husband) would make sure the baby was looked after.

I truly dread the thought of how the show will handle all of this. Dickon is older, I think, too, not sure how that will play in...

7 hours ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

She does dress Dornish:

Elllaria-and-the-Sand-Snakes-Official-HB

Now, why Dornish people dress like that... mystery :dunno:

Kurtz must have been thinking about these [and the show in general] when he said, "The horror! The horror!"

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I share your rant, just wondering, too.

In the books he was hoping that his evil dad would be impressed that he got a girl pregnant. But he knew his mother (that poor dear thing who tried to love her kids and was bullied by her evil husband) would make sure the baby was looked after.

I truly dread the thought of how the show will handle all of this. Dickon is older, I think, too, not sure how that will play in...

Why, Dickon will hit on Gilly; maybe we'll even get a rape threat, and Sam will defend Gilly thus proving his worth. Or... Sam hurts Dickon while defending Gilly, and Daddy Dearest comes to hate him even more.

Or, better yet, since we're talking about the new Lost here, we'll get another storyline swap - YAY, those are always so brilliant! - where Gilly is Tysha, and Daddy Dearest, in his new and improved role, will have all his men rape her. 

Ah, the possibilities are endless! :eek:

5 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

It all comes down to just telling the story properly, it would make a lot less difference who is playing the role, or even how they look, if they were acting like the character.

Myrcella and Trystane was like a sudden channel switch, and did not belong on this show. It's bizarre that they thought it did. (Translated rhetorical question.)

Wait... there was a thumb ring? :lol:

Newcella and Trys were one more drop of stoopid in an ocean of dumbass stoopid. :lol:

21 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

New casting information. Apparently, we have a not-so-old Nan (Bets that Old Nan gets the Maggy Fox treatment?) and a Bolton General (Why?). 

Old Nan was very old back n s 1. I know the actor who played her has since passed away, but the character can't become 20 yrs younger or something, right? RIGHT? Or is this one of those "why the hell not" situations?

Hmmm... I know!

Spoiler

Old Nan's found a spring, and the water has the same properties as the water Baby Sam de Leon's been drinking. 

37 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Old Nan was very old back n s 1. I know the actor who played her has since passed away, but the character can't become 20 yrs younger or something, right? RIGHT? Or is this one of those "why the hell not" situations?

Hmmm... I know!

Hide contents

Old Nan's found a spring, and the water has the same properties as the water Baby Sam de Leon's been drinking. 

Oh, you have it all wrong.  That was Old Nan.  The new one is merely Nan.  No need for continuity.

4 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

So how the fuck is Sam supposed to bump into his family? I thought he was supposed to be going to Oldtown? I get that Hornhill is near Oldtown (I use the word 'near' very loosely here, considering that they'd be like a hundred miles apart or something given the size of Westeros), but according to the map it's not near the coast at all - which is where they SHOULD be arriving at Oldtown, the coast. They should be on a boat...shouldn't they. Or is the show honestly gonna use the Baelish teleporters again and have Sam, Gilly and Still!Little Sam just show up at Hornhill on that tiny, slow carriage they left on? Instead of getting on a boat at East-Watch-By-The-Sea? What? Travelling thousands of miles from the top of the kingdoms all the way to the bottom on that slow-ass carriage would take months! And yet I'm guessing the show will act like it's been a few days, or that they just went through a wormhole off-screen.

Oh this is just awesome!  My favorite part:  "My dad hates me and threatened to kill me if I didn't relinquish my inheritance because he didn't think I was worthy, I'm sure he'll be fine with me asking for his precious sword and bringing round my wilding girlfriend and her stunted inbred baby for dinner."

Brilliant!!              :cheers::commie:

2 hours ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

New casting information. Apparently, we have a not-so-old Nan (Bets that Old Nan gets the Maggy Fox treatment?) and a Bolton General (Why?). 

Foxy Nan! :lol:

And I thought Ramsay was a Bolton general, with his great military prowess...

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Why, Dickon will hit on Gilly; maybe we'll even get a rape threat, and Sam will defend Gilly thus proving his worth. Or... Sam hurts Dickon while defending Gilly, and Daddy Dearest comes to hate him even more.

Or, better yet, since we're talking about the new Lost here, we'll get another storyline swap - YAY, those are always so brilliant! - where Gilly is Tysha, and Daddy Dearest, in his new and improved role, will have all his men rape her. 

Ah, the possibilities are endless! :eek:

Run away!!! They could do all of this. Wouldn't it be nice if Dickon defended Gilly, because his brother was nice to him, and he remembers? You know, someone doing something loving and good? WHAT AM I SMOKING? This is Game of Thrones.

Archived