Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

4 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

He's Obiwan/Yoda/Guy from Inception.

All of D&D's ideas are from the other movies and TV shows they've seen.

Like that frickin' ring Dany dropped in the middle of a massive valley right as 100,000 Dothraki screamers come trampling up??? That ugly ass ring had more close-up "foreshadowing" screen time than Ghost. And guess what... it will work :angry2:

Sorry. Clearly I still have a list of major peeves with this show and it's originality.

8 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

That fool costumer was delighted that it was a "tearaway." 

That was incredibly callous, the way she was talking about it. So were they all.

And in the other picture, it looks like Sansa is tending to Theon. Because it's never about her.

(It won't be about her when he's gone, either. It will never be about her. There is no her for it to be about.)

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

It's wonderful to have Patsy on the rants thread. I may need to change mine to Eddy!

Hee! I already did (I just decided I couldn't have graphics from the show as my avatar one moment longer, ugh!) (But Eowyn is WONDERFUL, so I think you should keep her!)

21 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Like that frickin' ring Dany dropped in the middle of a massive valley right as 100,000 Dothraki screamers come trampling up??? That ugly ass ring had more close-up "foreshadowing" screen time than Ghost. And guess what... it will work :angry2:

Sorry. Clearly I still have a list of major peeves with this show and it's originality.

The thing is, it doesn't need to be original because IT IS AN ADAPTATION. They have a story ALREADY written for them. I guess they are borrowing things from other movies because the alternative would be to read and understand their own source material.

4 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

The thing is, it doesn't need to be original because IT IS AN ADAPTATION. They have a story ALREADY written for them. I guess they are borrowing things from other movies because the alternative would be to read and understand their own source material.

But...but they're, you know, improving upon it!  The "logic" goes something like this: there's this wonderful source material that inspires us to make a fantasy story that is new and has never been seen before...so we're gonna change practically everything about it!  Yeah, makes complete sense:rolleyes:*

*And, yes, I know it was really only about the Red Wedding for them. 

Some remarks on the photos (or rantings :rolleyes:)

• Why is Tyrion filling his cup himself? Is he not the regent or whatever of Meereen? Miss is still a servant right? Should she not serve him? She is just sitting on a chair? Both Grey Worm and Miss are just looking at Tyrion. Okay, they are probably right in not enabling an alcoholic. 
  • (a little intermezzo between the ranting; I hope you will forgive me; it is about Alfie Allen - I think I will have at least a scene with amazing acting by Alfie Allen. Oh, you are amazing. 
  • BR doesn't have red eyes, is he pale enough? ... Does he still have two eyes while they had time to correct this? I was able to forgive those few minutes in the cave (while at the same time they spent enormous time at creating his throne?). But now? When he becomes a more important character?  He is indeed a sinister guy, he has been his entire live sinister, he actually wanted to be sinister ("Then I remembered this one time I heard my father talking about something Lord Bloodraven said, about how it was better to be frightening than frightened, so I told them that my father had sent us here to spy for him, that he was on his way here with an army, that His Lordship had best release me and give up this treason, or it would mean his head") That was his intention his whole life for whatever the reason you think he wanted this. The caves are so sinister and ominous. Sigh. :crying: And the two eyes ... if they to do that!
  • Brienne is looking like "Oops, I fucked up". Oh no, I forgot to rescue Sansa :bang:
  • Oh, my favorite father-son relationship. 
  • Balon :rofl::rofl:won the fucking war of the five kings. He really did. They cannot even come with the fact "oh look he already died. Stannis listened to Mel while Balon was still alive. OMG. The Kraken is nice.
  • Will we still have a boat trip with Sam and Gilly? The Pink Mast already did happen ... Wait, IIRC, Gilly and Sam slept together after the funeral of Aemon, right? They sleep together out of grief, right? And in the show, they sleep with each other because ... Wow, they really hate the fact people sleep together out of grief. Robb couldn't sleep with a girl because he needed some comfort after his brothers' death, they also changed it for Gilly and Sam... No sex because of grief but sex because he saved me from rape. Yeah, right. But to be honest, I am actually laughing with John's face. But where is Sam Junior AKA SJ? Did they misplaced them?
  • Oh, Larry the big failure. Sack him, Tommen, sack him.
  • I am wondering where Yara is? Oh look, she has also an armor which accentuates her boobs. Oh, fashionable. 
  • Larry upset he is a failure. Cersei, you need to be furious. He fucking failed in saving your children twice. Not once but twice! Carol is just sitting there with a sad face. To be honest, Larry looks in that picture more crazy than Carol. But we already established last season Larry was the paranoid one. Carol might be suspicious but her suspicions are warranted. (The Dornish really wanted to kill her daughter, MargBoleyn was really planning things against her, ... Jaime has little stubbles ... goes a few pictures back to the one with Myrcella. Oh no, I think he shaved. Wow, the twins (would) look like each other more than ever now they have both short hair. Let pause for a few minutes of appreciation of their loving relationship :wub::wub: ... They are the best couple in the show after LF and Sansa /big sarcasm warning!!
  • Is Ramsay praying for the dead of his beloved sm play mate, is he sad about the kidnapping of his Reek by his wife or is he sad his wife disappeared? A question the whole world wants the answer for ... see in the Ramsay and the DickRoaches Show - The  abominable SnowRamsay (Sorry) the total incredible BoltonRamsay
  • Davos realizing he is either an idiot or he actually let his amazing king's daughter die ... Maybe I need to feel sorry for him because his hero (Stannis) died? But I do not understand how Satannis would deserve anyone's loyalty?
  • I admit. I started to laugh with the next picture. I hope you will forgive me for this because it is a picture with Myrcella's body. So it should not be funny. But it is the third picture I am seeing with Larry Lunkhead's sad face because he failed in protecting his daughter. I keep seeing him as someone I failed to protect my daughter. Something that is completely not funny. I started to laugh because the total absurdity of this whole storyline. 

7 minutes ago, The Northern Scholar said:

I don't have anything particularly insightful to add. But I wanted to voice the great displeasure I experience looking at these new images.

I even needed to voice my great displeasure in a big rant post.

7 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Not just change everything about it, but add in cliches you've seen a hundred times already, so it's exactly like everything else you've seen already.

I agree.  I should have said that, too.  I still have a very hard time trying to determine if the D's "get" the books but don't want to actually bring that to the screen because they think the audience is too stupid for it...or if they just really don't "get" the books in the first place?  Ah, well, I guess in the end it really doesn't matter to the quality of the end "product".:( 

3 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

• Why is Tyrion filling his cup himself? Is he not the regent or whatever of Meereen? Miss is still a servant right? Should she not serve him? She is just sitting on a chair? Both Grey Worm and Miss are just looking at Tyrion. Okay, they are probably right in not enabling an alcoholic. 

He's actually pouring the cup back into the decanter.  Missandei was, per last season, left with him and Grey Worm to help run things, so I believe she's past pouring drinks.

Unlucky, that I should have been much the happier dilletante for my blatant ignorance. (Until those stills came along and pulled the rug from under our feet..)

In the books, Jaime attempted, even as he might never have elaborated on his private utterances, to repair the damage sustained in the wake of Joffrey's demise, he seemed to imply another child might work, too, for Cersei. (Afterwards, this particular thought-train he entertained did stray to Brienne...) Might be he makes good upon his promise, on the show, that Carol should take him up on his offer. Because, why not...

So.. the photos of Sansa. I didn't notice it at first, but my friend immediately asked me whether she was pregnant, by the look of the photos. There's kind of a bump. And now I can't get the thought out of my head that D&D would stoop to that new low. 

I still think it's just the layers of clothing though. But with D&D you'll never know.

4 minutes ago, Lady Sansa Stark said:

So.. the photos of Sansa. I didn't notice it at first, but my friend immediately asked me whether she was pregnant, by the look of the photos. There's kind of a bump. And now I can't get the thought out of my head that D&D would stoop to that new low. 

I still think it's just the layers of clothing though. But with D&D you'll never know.

It's just the shape of the dress.  You can see that more clearly in some of the shots, e.g., here:

http://a-lone-fool-out-in-the-sun.tumblr.com/post/139132755755

Just now, Colonel Green said:

It's just the shape of the dress.  You can see that more clearly in some of the shots, e.g., here:

http://a-lone-fool-out-in-the-sun.tumblr.com/post/139132755755

Yes, that was my first thought too, but when my friend immediately saw it, I wasn't too sure anymore, especially because some others have also suggested it already. I hope you're right. 

38 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

• (a little intermezzo between the ranting; I hope you will forgive me; it is about Alfie Allen - I think I will have at least a scene with amazing acting by Alfie Allen. Oh, you are amazing. 
  • BR doesn't have red eyes, is he pale enough? ... Does he still have two eyes while they had time to correct this? I was able to forgive those few minutes in the cave (while at the same time they spent enormous time at creating his throne?). But now? When he becomes a more important character?  He is indeed a sinister guy, he has been his entire live sinister, he actually wanted to be sinister ("Then I remembered this one time I heard my father talking about something Lord Bloodraven said, about how it was better to be frightening than frightened, so I told them that my father had sent us here to spy for him, that he was on his way here with an army, that His Lordship had best release me and give up this treason, or it would mean his head") That was his intention his whole life for whatever the reason you think he wanted this. The caves are so sinister and ominous. Sigh. :crying: And the two eyes ... if they to do that!
  • Brienne is looking like "Oops, I fucked up". Oh no, I forgot to rescue Sansa :bang:
  • Oh, my favorite father-son relationship. 
  • Balon :rofl::rofl:won the fucking war of the five kings. He really did. They cannot even come with the fact "oh look he already died. Stannis listened to Mel while Balon was still alive. OMG. The Kraken is nice.
  • Will we still have a boat trip with Sam and Gilly? The Pink Mast already did happen ... Wait, IIRC, Gilly and Sam slept together after the funeral of Aemon, right? They sleep together out of grief, right? And in the show, they sleep with each other because ... Wow, they really hate the fact people sleep together out of grief. Robb couldn't sleep with a girl because he needed some comfort after his brothers' death, they also changed it for Gilly and Sam... No sex because of grief but sex because he saved me from rape. Yeah, right. But to be honest, I am actually laughing with John's face. But where is Sam Junior AKA SJ? Did they misplaced them?

Sam and Gilly in the ship in spite of being boring is still canon! I love Sam's face :)

Bran and 3-eyed...........I'm confused..looks like A Christmas Carol.......mm don't know what to say about it....

Brienne is still alive...and still wearing armour

Archived