Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

7 minutes ago, Fat Pink Master said:

They couldn't even let Davos keep at least one more son (offscreen) to care about, all he had was Matthos. Even when I still liked the show, I never understood that.

I know, I know, kids are not the one and only purpose to every person's life (I guess that's what a D&D fangirl would say to justify the change), but Davos is not that kind of guy. His wife and his remaining children were a bigger reason for him to cling to life after Blackwater than killing Melisandre was.

I know serious how Show!Davos did not just hanged himself right after Mel showed up and "visually" confirmed Stannis and Shireen's deaths is amazing

9 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I know serious how Show!Davos did not just hanged himself right after Mel showed up and "visually" confirmed Stannis and Shireen's deaths is amazing

Yep. No family left, and now no king and no princess. Book!Davos, I might see him Taking the Black in this situation (I have my doubts, he could prefer to go "fishing" instead of going "hunting" like the mountain clans), and show!Davos at least should do the same, but from what we see in the trailer, it doesn't look that way. He's still fighting, and for fucking what?

1 minute ago, Fat Pink Master said:

Yep. No family left, and now no king and no princess. Book!Davos, I might see him Taking the Black in this situation (I have my doubts, he could prefer to go "fishing" instead of going "hunting" like the mountain clans), and show!Davos at least should do the same, but from what we see in the trailer, it doesn't look that way. He's still fighting, and for fucking what?

Maybe he thinks the Boltons killed Shireen so maybe revenge?

5 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Maybe he thinks the Boltons killed Shireen so maybe revenge?

Yeah, and towards the middle/end, he'll find what's left of Shireen's bonfire, find the wooden stag he gave her, and then the coin will drop. And the little WOODEN stag not burning, even though the girl's bones have turned to ash will be a future plot point in series 13, and NOT A PLOT HOLE, OK?

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, and towards the middle/end, he'll find what's left of Shireen's bonfire, find the wooden stag he gave her, and then the coin will drop. And the little WOODEN stag not burning, even though the girl's bones have turned to ash will be a future plot point in series 13, and NOT A PLOT HOLE, OK?

It's fine if things don't make sense because one day they will. It's entirely accidental that this sounds like Lost, mind you...

1 hour ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Davos would never let the question go of shireen and Stannis' fates and he would kill her right there and then for what she did and tell her to cut the woe to me bs they're trying to play her up with for S6. But no they're going with the idiot ball cliche where he doesnt know teams up with her and finds out later and will probably let her live because, "Shes good now."

2 hours ago, Fat Pink Master said:

Oh yeah, I forgot, the only theme the show manages. Revenge.

But didn't he have to take revenge on the Lannisters first, for charring his son with wildfire? At this point, why care?

He should blame the Imp but D&D and Cogman would never allow that.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

Davos would never let the question go of shireen and Stannis' fates and he would kill her right there and then for what she did and tell her to cut the woe to me bs they're trying to play her up with for S6. But no they're going with the idiot ball cliche where he doesnt know teams up with her and finds out later and will probably let her live because, "Shes good now."

Does she atone, like LF? Because it's so dramatically satisfying when arch villains atone. It wipes out all the suffering they caused, and makes one just want to see them get all the good things in life, while their victims, well, if they aren't dead, just suck it up. There's no such thing as justice, just seeing the good in Voldemort, Sauron, and the Emperor, because we can imagine what it was like for them when they were a boy.

On 26/03/2016 at 0:30 PM, JonCon's Red Beard said:

Look at Tyrion doing what Dany couldn't!

...wait, we don't have any more embed images.

Look at Tyrion doing what Dany couldn't!

It's ridiculous because Tyrion, unlike Danny, grew up enormously privileged. He would have even less clue what to do with a hostile, impoverished populace than Danny. Hell that's more or less what happened when Tyrion was the hand during ACOK: the populace of KL hated him just as much as they did Joffrey.

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Does she atone, like LF? Because it's so dramatically satisfying when arch villains atone. It wipes out all the suffering they caused, and makes one just want to see them get all the good things in life, while their victims, well, if they aren't dead, just suck it up. There's no such thing as justice, just seeing the good in Voldemort, Sauron, and the Emperor, because we can imagine what it was like for them when they were a boy.

Well to be fair Stannis was the CLEAR villain there so Mel can be forgiven 

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well to be fair Stannis was the CLEAR villain there so Mel can be forgiven 

Oh yeah you're right according to D&D he deserved to be punished and die immeadiately after ordering burning Shireen instead of getting something out of it and having to live with the consequences of his choice but she should be given sympathy and redemption even though she came up with it and got off on it.

It is very clear and very disturbing that D&D&Cogman look at these characters from the novels and project their warped desires on what they think they should act, how they treat others and be treated themselves.  It is a real let down and the time/season constraints is not a valid excuse. They did things to and for characters the way they wanted and more than half of it makes no sense. Season to season, these characters regress, advance inexplicably change to fit their convoluted creatively satisfying viewpoint and it is all disconnected. Most of the populace gets sucked back in with CGI battles, dragons and nudity but all of the things that are supposed to be telling a large story are gone and more importantly, all of the stories of the individual characters, the main ones at least and it does not make sense. I do not care how many accolades and awards they receive, they are failing in the storytelling department and that is what it is supposed to be about.

I was reading a facebook discussion about the USA election (the beginning was how stupid it was too focus on sex scandals about Cruz and whether Hilary used the wrong email server) and someone was discussing Sanders "Sanders seems to be a personally honorable man, but his plan for interests rates would ruin our whole economy" someone else went on to say that a leader who can conceal sex scandals etc is more competent and better able to handle congress etc (I am really paraphrasing).

So it's possible from the ultra cynical school of thought, an intelligent and ruthless leader like Littlefinger, Roose, and Tywin would be better than an honorable leader.

Sadly these ultra clever cynics are foolish. In the long term dishonourable/antisocial men harm their societies more than goodness ever did.

So I think D&D share the same cynical worldview. This in turn influences the younger actors and that's why statements like "Littlefinger should sit the iron throne" could be serious.

Or Sophie could be trolling. She does seem to have that sort of personality.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Jaime: "Somehow revenge had lost its savor."

Yeah, after they cut out Catelyn's and Ellaria's eloquent, moving speeches about the futility of vengeance ... I guess they would assume Larry is even MORE of a monster if he doesn't want revenge. After all, isn't that the highest good in D&D's Westeros? Needle is about revenge, Olly is about revenge, Ellaria is about revenge, the sixth shapeless lump in a potato sack on the left is about revenge ... The only people who are NOT about revenge on the show are Doran (no vengeance, justice, fire and blood for him) and the missing Lady Stoneheart and Lord Manderly, who are ALL ABOUT VENGEANCE  to the point of executing people simply for the color of their cloaks and eating their enemies' children in pies in the books. But in Bizarro!World that is this show, they either don't exist or don't care about vengeance! 

(Honestly, I won't be surprised if Jaime trebuchets a baby and then eats one too at this point. Though ... err, well, in the books, Riverrun was basically for Genna Lannister, but on the show, it's Walder Frey's which means that if Jaime threatens Edmure's baby, he'd be threatening Walder's grandson's life in order to secure Riverrun which would be much more secure with a half-Tully baby as its lord, but hey, what is logic? And maybe it'll be Gilly's magically still-a-baby-boy or someone besides Edmure's kid that Jaime trebuchets. Though ... what would be the point of that at least in terms of forcing Riverrun's surrender? Wait, am I still expecting logic from this show? That's as pointless as banging my head on a wall. :bang:.)

3 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

Yeah, after they cut out Catelyn's and Ellaria's eloquent, moving speeches about the futility of vengeance ... I guess they would assume Larry is even MORE of a monster if he doesn't want revenge. After all, isn't that the highest good in D&D's Westeros? Needle is about revenge, Olly is about revenge, Ellaria is about revenge, the sixth shapeless lump in a potato sack on the left is about revenge ... The only people who are NOT about revenge on the show are Doran (no vengeance, justice, fire and blood for him) and the missing Lady Stoneheart and Lord Manderly, who are ALL ABOUT VENGEANCE  to the point of executing people simply for the color of their cloaks and eating their enemies' children in pies in the books. But in Bizarro!World that is this show, they either don't exist or don't care about vengeance! 

(Honestly, I won't be surprised if Jaime trebuchets a baby and then eats one too at this point. Though ... err, well, in the books, Riverrun was basically for Genna Lannister, but on the show, it's Walder Frey's which means that if Jaime threatens Edmure's baby, he'd be threatening Walder's grandson's life in order to secure Riverrun which would be much more secure with a half-Tully baby as its lord, but hey, what is logic? And maybe it'll be Gilly's magically still-a-baby-boy or someone besides Edmure's kid that Jaime trebuchets. Though ... what would be the point of that at least in terms of forcing Riverrun's surrender? Wait, am I still expecting logic from this show? That's as pointless as banging my head on a wall. :bang:.)

A very curious and strange choice if you think about it?

Wow, the fanboys are acting very nervous. I suspect all the talk and dark, jumpy trailers and "best we've ever done" hype after the crapfest of last season is ... unnerving. I fully expect an onslaught of RnR trolls. 

5 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Oh yeah you're right according to D&D he deserved to be punished and die immeadiately after ordering burning Shireen instead of getting something out of it and having to live with the consequences of his choice but she should be given sympathy and redemption even though she came up with it and got off on it.

Super Ninja Ramsay Sue is the one who will get something out of it, since there's no snow anywhere on the battlefield. :lol:

Archived