Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

7 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is very clear and very disturbing that D&D&Cogman look at these characters from the novels and project their warped desires on what they think they should act, how they treat others and be treated themselves.  It is a real let down and the time/season constraints is not a valid excuse. They did things to and for characters the way they wanted and more than half of it makes no sense. Season to season, these characters regress, advance inexplicably change to fit their convoluted creatively satisfying viewpoint and it is all disconnected. Most of the populace gets sucked back in with CGI battles, dragons and nudity but all of the things that are supposed to be telling a large story are gone and more importantly, all of the stories of the individual characters, the main ones at least and it does not make sense. I do not care how many accolades and awards they receive, they are failing in the storytelling department and that is what it is supposed to be about.

My thoughts exactly. GoT has become an action spectacular with zero rewatch value, because there is no coherent arc for any character. After 5 seasons, the characters are still/again pretty much strangers to me.

Turn your brain off and "enjoy" one hour of fights, shocks, tits and dragons. That's pretty much all you can do with this show.

And that is not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion, if they were self-aware of if. Tyenes Boner-poison-stiptease, Ramsays 20 good men and Cock merchants would fit perfectly in a show that doesn't take itself too seriously. If you are producing a campy Conan-remake, by any means, go for stuff like that.

But don't insult your viewers by claiming it's a "realistic" complex political drama with deep characters and not living up to that promise.

I saw Fansa hunted by her Bolton hubby in a totally empowering way. Brienne smashing three men in a totally new way (snow!) Dany tied up and kicked by a dude in a totally boss way. Arya blind but getting another totally exciting lesson in mortuary science. Cersei awaiting the return of her groveling thrall (she is totally in charge). Powerful women, I am sure once their cleavage is revealed, they will totally turn all of this into awesomeness. This show loves sex kittens on top. And badasses (didn't forget you, Brienne!)

3 hours ago, TepidHands said:

Wow, the fanboys are acting very nervous. I suspect all the talk and dark, jumpy trailers and "best we've ever done" hype after the crapfest of last season is ... unnerving. I fully expect an onslaught of RnR trolls. 

I think when s 6 starts we will have to be extremely careful with how we deal with show fans popping in. Ideally, now that we know better, no one will reply, no one will engage. And we will keep our criticism focused on the show. Because, honestly, from what we've seen so far, that will give us more than plenty to rant endlessly. 

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think when s 6 starts we will have to be extremely careful with how we deal with show fans popping in. Ideally, now that we know better, no one will reply, no one will engage. And we will keep our criticism focused on the show. Because, honestly, from what we've seen so far, that will give us more than plenty to rant endlessly. 

Indeed

And use the incredible "ignore function" so you do not even have to read their replies and don't get tempted to answer them. 

Archived