Is Roose Bolton going to die in season 6?

King Brandon Ice Eyes

Considering he hasn't done anything really impressive since season 3 and he is constantly pushed away to give Ramsay the foreground does anyone think he is going to survive this season? D&D really didn't make an effort to establish him as a formidable foe in the eyes of the audience. He is being absent in two of the major battles in his domains: first in the Dreadfort when Yara attacked and then in the "battle" of Winterfell", which was even more insulting (not as insulting as what was done to another certain character in the same event). He manages to shut up Ramsay a few times but the two last scenes they had together highlighted that Ramsay is getting increasingly pissed and disrespectful towards his father. I hope I'm wrong because he is one of the few alive characters I still enjoy seeing on screen.

Why do you enjoy seeing Roose Bolton on screen?  He betrayed Robb Stark.

Michael does impressive job. He did what he had to maintain his family, he had to chose when Jaime got to him, if he returned him to Robb, Tywin wont forget that.

Anyway, I see two possible scenarios in s6 regarding Roose:

1) Ramsay kills him with Walda and takes control over WF in ep 7 or 8

2) he escapes WF after defeat and lets Ramsay die defending it (I see this coming, he is very smart and calculating, he knows Ramsay is pissed and mad)

12 minutes ago, Ghost from Winterfell said:

I think the first scenario is more likely.  It's clear that Ramsay is quite jealous over the possible heir and doesn't like his stepmother at all.  Additionally, he was already granted the title of 'Bolton', so even if he murders his family he is still the rightful heir to Winterfell, that, and he has already married Sansa Stark.  No matter how you slice it -somehow, he is going to gain control over Winterfell.  Although, what happens after is anybodies guess.

I think the first scenario is more likely.  It's clear that Ramsay is quite jealous over the possible heir and doesn't like his stepmother at all.  Additionally, he was already granted the title of 'Bolton', so even if he murders his family he is still the rightful heir to Winterfell, that, and he has already married Sansa Stark.  No matter how you slice it -somehow, he is going to gain control over Winterfell.  Although, what happens after is anybodies guess.

Sadly Walda and baby Bolton are goners in every possible scenario. Roose is very smart and ir would destroy his character if he becomes blind on Ramsay feelings. In books Roose even said that he expects that Ramsay will kill every child Walda gives birth to. Ofc that it would be more interesting if he kills them and takes control, but it would piss me off in the same moment because it butchers a character and believe me I dont want another Stannis.

I think Roose will die by someone or something other than Ramsay. My wild guess, and this is out there, sometime, mel will seduce Jon or rape him when he is obviously alive but in a weakened state and produces a shadow baby and it kills Roose early or midseason. Then, Ramsay takes over and Walda's fate will be decided and her baby too, after the battle of Winterfell.

If Roose survives next season or Winds of Winter I will be very shocked. I think there was clear set-up last season that Ramsay is going to take him out and if you read the spoilers there are indicators there too.  Ramsay has more plot armor to survive but I don't think that's likely either.

6 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Roose will die by someone or something other than Ramsay. My wild guess, and this is out there, sometime, mel will seduce Jon or rape him when he is obviously alive but in a weakened state and produces a shadow baby and it kills Roose early or midseason. Then, Ramsay takes over and Walda's fate will be decided and her baby too, after the battle of Winterfell.

Never thought abou that. Still D&D will probably make Ramsay kill them. Roose being calculated, manipulative, seeing every alternative...he wouldn't see this., because Ramsay is great at everything...outsmarting eeveryone. I don't even expect him to die at the battlefield.

My wild guess, and this is out there, sometime, mel will seduce Jon or rape him when he is obviously alive but in a weakened state and produces a shadow baby and it kills Roose early or midseason.

I really like this idea, but if he is weak and makes shadow baby, wont that kill him?

I definitely see Ramsay going crazy and killing both Roose and Fat Walda, so that he becomes the only remaining Bolton to hold Winterhell. Killing Fat Walda I get, but killing Roose doesn't really fit in with his character - doesn't Ramsay care about getting acceptance from his father? I'm pretty sure murdering him wouldn't do the trick.

1 hour ago, LazyBazooka said:

I definitely see Ramsay going crazy and killing both Roose and Fat Walda, so that he becomes the only remaining Bolton to hold Winterhell. Killing Fat Walda I get, but killing Roose doesn't really fit in with his character - doesn't Ramsay care about getting acceptance from his father? I'm pretty sure murdering him wouldn't do the trick.

Not necessarily. It could get to the point that he either realises he will never be accepted so kills him out of anger, and feels like the only way to demonstrate that he worthy of Roose's respect is by being able to kill him. 

not necessarily, she can do all the work, and he just lays there and produces, well, you know.....

He surely can do it with Ygritte or any other girl who is not shadowbinder from Asshai. Stannis was very strong man and after two babies (in show one) he ages much and she told him that he could not endure another one. Now imagine how it can weaken recovering Jon.

8 hours ago, Kris Brass said:

Based on the teaser material I'd say it's obvious that Ramsay somehow gains control of Winterfell and it's last heir (Sansa Stark).  How he manages to do it is anybodies guess, but it's likely he kills his father and mother to get rid of the rightful heir.

I have wondered if Sansa actually gets recaptured. I would also note that Bran is the rightful heir, above all others.

I'd be shocked if Roose makes it out of the 6th season alive. Winterfell is obviously due for another shakeup, and the Boltons need to go down to do it. I'd be surprised if Ramsay outlives the season as well. I can see Ramsay killing his father and stepmother and making it look like an accident. He won't want to wait to get his inheritance if he doesn't think he has to, nor take any chances that it won't slip through his fingers over time BECAUSE he waited too long.

I'll miss them when they are gone though; the Boltons are entertaining villains that the series needs...in fact DESPERATELY needs.

On January 25, 2016 at 8:47 PM, dariopatke said:

Sadly Walda and baby Bolton are goners in every possible scenario. Roose is very smart and ir would destroy his character if he becomes blind on Ramsay feelings. In books Roose even said that he expects that Ramsay will kill every child Walda gives birth to. Ofc that it would be more interesting if he kills them and takes control, but it would piss me off in the same moment because it butchers a character and believe me I dont want another Stannis.

If you think about this situation without looking into the book material, it actually make sense. In the book, it was mentioned that Roose married a few times and had a son at one point where as Ramsay might have him killed. But in the show, none of this wasn't mention. So you could say it's a flip flop of scenario change. In the show, if Roose was to have a son before Ramsay just like how it's follow in the book, then the fate of his death, Fat Walda's, and his son's could have been avoid.

Sorry if this doesn't explained well. But what i'm trying to say is that TV!Roose  wouldn't know how to deal with Ramsay and protecting his unborn son since none of this ever happen like in the book. If the show was to follow the book source to include Roose's first son, then the possibility of Ramsay killing the unborn child and Walda may reduce.

Archived