WWE Royal Rumble

Jace, Extat

11 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Bronn Strohman should be given a chance to take on congress.  Tackle health care reform.  Some more far reaching use of his superhuman powers.

Strowman has really grown into one of the better performers on Raw.  Granted, it helped that they let him do a ton of cool things like flipping the ambulance over with his bare hands, but his in-ring work improved so much from when they first introduced him as a member of the Wyatts and he was just this big dude who couldn't really do much.  He got thrown into the fire and he rose to the occasion.  It's a shame they didn't put the title on him last week, because he's so much more interesting than Reigns is and is better in the ring too.

It also sucks that they're intent on having Reigns main event yet another Wrestlemania despite the last two bombing so spectacularly.  

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit of a slow thread but figured I'd post it here:

Seemingly half the roster is down with something, suspected to be the mumps.

Bo Dallas was said to have meningitis, then Roman Reigns has been replaced by Kurt Angle (at the reunion of the shield,) AJ styles is wrestling Finn Balor instead of Bray Wyatt (but we may be saved from seeing Bray in drag.)

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/article/kurt-angle-returns-replace-roman-reigns-at-wwe-tlc-aj-styles-the-demon?sf123717574=1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ric Flair 30 for 30 debuts tonight. Can't wait to check it out.

Hearing nothing but good things about it. He was on Mike and Mike this morning and was fucking hilarious. Bill Burr did an extended bit on it on his last podcast. I guess he got invited to a preview or something.

I don't know if there's any fans of New Japan in here, but the card for Wrestle Kingdom 12 on January 4th, looks awesomely STACKED:

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito.   (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)

Kenny Omega (c) vs Chris Jericho.           (IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Jay White      (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)

Marty Scrull (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay.                        (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship)

Roppongi 3K (c) vs The Young Bucks      (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)

Cody Rhodes (c) vs Kota Ibushi.               (ROH World Championship)

33 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I don't know if there's any fans of New Japan in here, but the card for Wrestle Kingdom 12 on January 4th, looks awesomely STACKED:

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito.   (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)

Kenny Omega (c) vs Chris Jericho.           (IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Jay White      (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)

Marty Scrull (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay.                        (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship)

Roppongi 3K (c) vs The Young Bucks      (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)

Cody Rhodes (c) vs Kota Ibushi.               (ROH World Championship)

Wrestle Kingdom is like the opposite of Wrestlemania.  Great cards that give the fans what they want and great matches.

Wrestlemania is just a seven hour endurance test filled with the worst booking of the year and the guys everyone hates winning everything.

So looks like WWE finally gave up on Jinder Mahal.  Took em long enough, but it means the Survivor Series main event is Lesner vs. Styles.  If you ask me, that should've been the main event for last year's Mania.

Also, think it's really cool Jericho's fighting Omega.

2 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

So looks like WWE finally gave up on Jinder Mahal.  Took em long enough, but it means the Survivor Series main event is Lesner vs. Styles.  If you ask me, that should've been the main event for last year's Mania.

Also, think it's really cool Jericho's fighting Omega.

Prepare to be disappointed.  Jinder is getting that title right back after Survivor Series for the WWE India tour.

At least they're sparing us a Brock/Jinder match, though.  It's already borderline impossible to get Brock to give a shit any more.  Having him face that joke of a champion would have had him pulling an all-time great phone in.

Also Jimmy (I think) Uso got a legit injury, so we'll have to wait and see if he's back for Survivor Series. The Bar / Uso's and New Day / Shield was really the best possible result, I just hope we get it, I just don't care about Gable & Benjamin.

This whole Ellsworth bullshit has to end. It's just horrible.

And I just kind of want to rant here about how much I hate the RKO. Because he can hit it from anywhere, and it's an almost guaranteed win, it takes all the stakes out of everything. It doesn't matter how much Orton's getting beaten down, he doesn't need to fight back to parity, he doesn't even need his opponent to make a mistake. He just hits his finisher and he wins. Urgh. It's made all the worse that he keeps doing it to Rusev, who deserves so much better.

Uhhhhhhhhh, doesn't Mahal get a rematch, and doesn't he have a posse that cheats along with him as hard as need be?    He may get it back immediately or "thereabouts" (a couple more bouts).    It would be hella funny if he did beat a sleeping Brock and got to do the beastmaster shtick and Brock quit in disgust and shame.

6 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Also Jimmy (I think) Uso got a legit injury, so we'll have to wait and see if he's back for Survivor Series. The Bar / Uso's and New Day / Shield was really the best possible result, I just hope we get it, I just don't care about Gable & Benjamin.

This whole Ellsworth bullshit has to end. It's just horrible.

And I just kind of want to rant here about how much I hate the RKO. Because he can hit it from anywhere, and it's an almost guaranteed win, it takes all the stakes out of everything. It doesn't matter how much Orton's getting beaten down, he doesn't need to fight back to parity, he doesn't even need his opponent to make a mistake. He just hits his finisher and he wins. Urgh. It's made all the worse that he keeps doing it to Rusev, who deserves so much better.

I also love how they turn Zayn heel and then have him lose a bunch of matches to guys like Orton and Kofi.  Orton should be putting over guys like Zayn at this point in his career, and Kofi should never be getting a win over a singles competitor who just had a major heel turn.  A few weeks ago, I thought they had a plan for Zayn, and he cut that fantastic promo two nights after he turned, but they've proceeded to just do fucking nothing with him.  It's really frustrating because he's easily one of the five best workers in the company.

Not WWE related, but Lucha Underground, the best wrestling show on television, has been renewed for a fourth season.  Very happy to hear that.  It also appears that Mundo will be back, which wasn't a certainty now that he's working Impact as well.  I don't have the link to the announcement tweet, but it was a Mundo promo where he recapped what he did in the first three seasons and then said he was looking to take back what was his in season four.

Ultima Lucha Tres was fucking fantastic, so really looking forward to this show's return. 

Well, tuning into Raw to get an idea of what's going on before Survivor Series, only to see HHH come out and take the place of Jason Jordan on Raw's team. Must be worried about it not drawing to make a move like this. Now I get to see the mockery that is Gallows and Anderson. These guys were awesome in NJPW, and are clowns in WWE.

I wouldn't be surprised if they planned the JJ/HHH thing from the get go, he looked out of place as soon as the announcement was made. They've been needing to do something with Jason Jordan for a while, this Kurt Angle's son thing isn't working. Interesting to see if this feeds into some form of heel turn. Either way he needs something, he's good enough in the ring, but has nothing to work with outside of that.

Gallows and Anderson are just there to put people over now.

And holy shit, people popped for Roman Reigns

Archived