WWE Royal Rumble

Jace, Extat

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

And he wore his Alpha shirt. Jericho don't give a fuck.

Apparently he made as much for his Wrestle Kingdom match as he did from his last entire WWE run. He seems genuinely thrilled to be able to cut loose again, looking forward to him and Naito immensely. He had Kenny talking about the Dome on his podcast which is worth a listen.

I love Naito, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him and Jericho go at it.  I do think they need to have Jericho win a match or two at some point, though, and I can't see that being against Naito.  If all he does is lose to Omega and Naito, hard to sell him as a threat for the inevitable Okada match.

So did anyone watch Raw 25 last night?  I taped it, but reading the results I'm not sure it's even worth the time fast forwarding.  Pretty sad state when even all the nostalgia guys can't get me to watch.

2 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

So did anyone watch Raw 25 last night?  I taped it, but reading the results I'm not sure it's even worth the time fast forwarding.  Pretty sad state when even all the nostalgia guys can't get me to watch.

It's nice to see Stone Cold, but he doesn't get to talk. And HHH name dropped Chyna (about damn time) that's pretty much all I got out of it.

Watching Smackdown: what the hell is wrong with me? Is Becky turning heel? I kind of want her to. I need Becky/Charlotte in my life.

6 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I did and it was terrible.

The opening segment with Stone Cold was fun.  The Reigns/Miz match was all right and had the right winner.  Asuka destroying people was cool.  Oh, and Elias getting to go over Cena was surprising.  That covered about a quarter of the show.  

The rest was total garbage.

10 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Should we leave this thread up through the Royal Rumble? Or close this one and the new one to cover RR this weekend?

New one, and make it a general wrestling one not just WWE?

edit: oh fuck you orton, fuck you right to hell.

20 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It's nice to see Stone Cold, but he doesn't get to talk. And HHH name dropped Chyna (about damn time) that's pretty much all I got out of it.

Watching Smackdown: what the hell is wrong with me? Is Becky turning heel? I kind of want her to. I need Becky/Charlotte in my life.

Yeah I wonder if Trips is trying to pave the way for a Chyna HOF induction.  Understand why they wouldn't wanna do it while she was alive, but now they can control every aspect of it.  Love Becky and Sasha.  Both are criminally under-utilized at this point.

18 minutes ago, briantw said:

Oh, and Elias getting to go over Cena was surprising.

That sounds pretty cool.

8 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

That sounds pretty cool.

One of the few times WWE has actually surprised me of late.  They did the typical set-up where the heel comes out and runs down the home crowd, then Cena's music hits and everyone groans, because obviously it's time for the heel to get buried.  Instead, Elias inexplicably came out on top and it was pretty great.  Definitely didn't see that coming.

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Seriously of all the people they've got from NXT who would have thought Elias would be the best used? They pretty much botched everyone else. Creative clearly don't watch it.

The guys who have done the best are Rollins and Owens, I'd say.  Elias is basically the only guy that has done better on the main roster than NXT, though.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Speaking of NXT guys - did I read that DX gave Balor some rub?  They've managed to ruin him since he got back from the injury, hope he can persevere. 

Yeah, DX came out and did their nostalgia act, then the Balor club came out and they all did the too sweet thing with each other.  Then the Revival came out and got buried by all of them.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

then the Balor club came out and they all did the too sweet thing with each other.

Cool!  But...

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Then the Revival came out and got buried by all of them.

Ugh.  How does Triple H book those guys in some of the best tag matches I've ever seen, then be like - meh fuck em?

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Cool!  But...

Ugh.  How does Triple H book those guys in some of the best tag matches I've ever seen, then be like - meh fuck em?

Triple H didn't book Raw25. Triple H loves to put guys over (especially his guys,) his wrestlemania record is appalling for precisely that reason. It's Vince, he needs to bugger off to do his Alpha entertainment bullshit.

6 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Because Triple H ultimately doesn't get to make the final call on Raw.  I'm sure he hates burying guys he helped to create, but it's not his call at the end of the day, and he's not going to jeopardize his position in the company by refusing to go out there and deliver a Pedigree when Vince tells him to.

Yeah I just wonder how much Vince gives a shit about something as low on the card as the Revival at this point.  I know Vince has this legendary work ethic, but I do assume Triple H has quite a bit of input these days.  Think I've read he's in the gorilla position for Raw and Road Dogg books Smackdown.  The internet is eventually going to have to start blaming him.  Or at least his wife.

13 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah I just wonder how much Vince gives a shit about something as low on the card as the Revival at this point.  I know Vince has this legendary work ethic, but I do assume Triple H has quite a bit of input these days.  Think I've read he's in the gorilla position for Raw and Road Dogg books Smackdown.  The internet is eventually going to have to start blaming him.  Or at least his wife.

As long as NXT keeps hitting home runs while Raw and Smackdown flounder, Vince is going to be the guy who gets blamed, not Triple H.

Interested to know if that was basically a retirement speech from taker would have thought if he came back for real it would have been in the main ring. Certainly seemed like a final end to his career before a hof induction at wrestlemania.

2 minutes ago, lmanion said:

Interested to know if that was basically a retirement speech from taker would have thought if he came back for real it would have been in the main ring. Certainly seemed like a final end to his career before a hof induction at wrestlemania.

All indications are that he's facing Cena at 'Mania.

Archived