I'm in NYC 9-11 Feb

Targh

I'm going to be in New York from the 3rd, but have somehow entirely booked myself up until the 9th. If anyone's around, the plan for those days is to visit the LIC breweries, Barrier Brewing and probably a couple of others. I can be persuaded to other options, too.

It'd be great to see whoever's around!

Nice!

Since that's in the middle of the week, we won't be able to join for a visit to Barrier Brewing, or anything that is only open in the afternoon. But we have many excellent beering options in the city in the form of bars. If you're especially keen on local beers, I suggest the Pine Box Rock Shop. They make it a point to carry many local beers, and they're just off the L train so it's an easy jaunt from Manhattan. And of course there's the old standby: Blind Tiger Ale House, one of the oldest (and best) craft beer places in NYC.

Flagship's probably a little out of our way for the time we have.

If anyone's available in the evening on one of those days, let me know what sort of area's best and which date, and I'll work it into our plans!

Nice! OK, how about we shoot for Tuesday at Blind Tiger? Tuesday tend to be mellower at the BT, and we can always eat Joe's pizza on a street corner afterwards. Hey, if it's good enough for GRRM, it's good enough for me!

Let's say 5pm-8pm or so? I'll have to bail by 9pm because I turn into a pumpkin shortly thereafter. ;)

2 hours ago, Targh said:

Cheers guys, was a great evening. Excellent beer and pizza. 

It has been said that the true nature of the BWB is that it is a beer and pizza appreciation society. :)

Good to see you again. Hope you are enjoying your adventures in Brooklyn and beyond today.

Archived