Places, Characters You'd Want to See Stories from AWOIAF

TheReal_Rebel

There are some stories I could see being set in a long time before ASOIAF, for instance stories of Lomas Longstrider's travels.

Or tales taking place in old Valyria.  I hope we get to see Ashai in the first person some day.

A tale of Southrous or surviving it would make for a grand monster story, I think.

What part of the World of Ice and Fire would you set a story or character would you like to see a story about?

On History of Westeros they said that GRRM once said in an interview that he'd like to do a murder mystery set in Braavos. I think that would be really cool.

Other than that, I'd like an adventure story of the woman who flew her dragon for years over Sothoryos. She must have really seen some stuff. Plus, how does a multi-year adventure on dragonback go?

15 minutes ago, Blind Beth the Cat Lady said:

On History of Westeros they said that GRRM once said in an interview that he'd like to do a murder mystery set in Braavos. I think that would be really cool.

Other than that, I'd like an adventure story of the woman who flew her dragon for years over Sothoryos. She must have really seen some stuff. Plus, how does a multi-year adventure on dragonback go?

I don't remember reading about a woman who rode her dragon over Southoryos but  I'd love stories about that!

And a murder story set in Bravos would be awesome, I hope George is able to get to it.

14 hours ago, TheReal_Rebel said:

I don't remember reading about a woman who rode her dragon over Southoryos but  I'd love stories about that!

And a murder story set in Bravos would be awesome, I hope George is able to get to it.

It's in the bit in tWoIaF about Sothoryos. Jaenara Belaerys (the only non-Targaryen Valyrian dragonrider family we've heard of!) claimed she flew her dragon Terrax further south than anybody ever had before, but saw Sothoryos as a "land without end."

I think the period from Aegon I's death and Aenys ascension through to Jaehaerys I gaining the throne would make a wonderful novel. We could have Visenya's POV as she contemplates killing Aenys to preserve Targaryen rule and/or get her son on the throne, Rhaena and/or Alyssa's POV as they're prisoners at the court of Maegor the Cruel (taking in their daring escapes), the false hope of Aegon son of Aenys toppling Maegor and the schadenfraude of seeing Maegor's rule crumble around him.

23 hours ago, The Prince of Magpies said:

It's in the bit in tWoIaF about Sothoryos. Jaenara Belaerys (the only non-Targaryen Valyrian dragonrider family we've heard of!) claimed she flew her dragon Terrax further south than anybody ever had before, but saw Sothoryos as a "land without end."

I think the period from Aegon I's death and Aenys ascension through to Jaehaerys I gaining the throne would make a wonderful novel. We could have Visenya's POV as she contemplates killing Aenys to preserve Targaryen rule and/or get her son on the throne, Rhaena and/or Alyssa's POV as they're prisoners at the court of Maegor the Cruel (taking in their daring escapes), the false hope of Aegon son of Aenys toppling Maegor and the schadenfraude of seeing Maegor's rule crumble around him.

Thank You!

I now have quite a bit I need to go back and read more carefully. I seemed to have missed many juicy side tales.

I also want to see. what's on Skull Island, Carcosa and what is in Ashai by the Shadow and what monsters lurk there and why no children can live there.

On January 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM, TheReal_Rebel said:

What part of the World of Ice and Fire would you like to see a story about?

Bran the Builder.

Lann the Clever.

Azor Ahai

... of course after this series is finished.  Find out what those legends are really based on.

I would want a history of the Stark that sailed into the Sunset Sea. Would be fun to see this guy's fleet in an Odissey kind of trip, and actually arriving somewhere. A whole other continent, mayhaps, full of isles and cities. Mostly of them burned or infested or deadly, like Yeen. All built in oily black stone. :P The lost civilization we never got to know in ASOIAF, and that we never will, cause they left no survivors, only several large, absurdly colossal structures and not much more.

In the end, Brandon realizes the continent is dead, his dreams of sailing and arriving at some kind of paradise ended in a black and charred continent, worse than Sothoryos; he tries to come back to Westeros with a very maimed fleet and dies. Slowly.

I'd love to read something from Bittersteel's perspective during his time in Essos; maybe involving a run in with Aerion Brightflame; that could give us a more complex image of those characters.  Kinda how getting to be inside JonCon's head keeps him from being just some vengeance-obsessed Targ-loyalist exile.

-The life and adventures of the Oakenfist.

-The great voyages of the Seasnake.  

-Moar Nymeria!

-An End to the Kingsmoot; the reins of Torgon and Urragon IV Greyiron.

-The Dragon-Madame; the travails of Saera Targaryen in Essos.

-The last Dragonrider?; or what happened to Nettles?

-The She-Wolves of Winterfell.  

-The Stark conquest of the Barrow Kings

-As well as their triumph over the Warg King of Sea Dragon Point.

On January 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM, King Merrett I Frey said:

I would want a history of the Stark that sailed into the Sunset Sea. Would be fun to see this guy's fleet in an Odissey kind of trip, and actually arriving somewhere. A whole other continent, mayhaps, full of isles and cities. Mostly of them burned or infested or deadly, like Yeen. All built in oily black stone. :P The lost civilization we never got to know in ASOIAF, and that we never will, cause they left no survivors, only several large, absurdly colossal structures and not much more.

In the end, Brandon realizes the continent is dead, his dreams of sailing and arriving at some kind of paradise ended in a black and charred continent, worse than Sothoryos; he tries to come back to Westeros with a very maimed fleet and dies. Slowly.a

I'd like  it but  think Ulysses earned his happy ending..

I hope there 's a story about Gerion Lannister.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2016 at 6:33 PM, Blind Beth the Cat Lady said:

I would like it best if it was a murder case in Asshai, that would be awesome if the characters were cool, like all kind of mystic grimm suspects. (In fact i was tinking on writing a mistery fanfic about this)

I would like to know histories from the time of the mazemakers and from the Yi Ti Emperor that had a Dragon in specific.

And of course Sothroyos, it would be cool to see some short chronicles with POV of different kind of characters form the various people that reached it in different times. Leng, Basilisk Isles, Cannibal Sands and Summer Isles, would be nice see more of all these too. To be true, anything from WOIAF wich breaks Westros-Free cities-Slavers Bay cycle would be good, even if it was the Sepstones, Qohor or Norvos, wich are not so exotic and interesting, but at least would have new scenarios, characters and cultures to be introduced.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a tale of a maester's expedition to Sothyros or Valyria or Leng. One of these places that seem to hint at an ancient lost civilisation and forbidden knowledge. 

It would be like At the Mountains of Madess where some ancient menace is unleashed and everyone slowly goes mad; with only a single insane survivor getting back to the Citadel alive but nobody believes his tale. 

More alternatively I'd like a tale of the last days/months/years of the Great Empire of the Dawn, with a seemingly perfect advanced empire slowly turning to madness and chaos as the taint of the Bloodstone Emperor's Church of Starry Wisdom poisons it from within. The ending would be the unleashing of the Long Night when all hell breaks loose. 

Archived