Would Cersei have cheated on Rhaegar?

Floki of the Ironborn

Given what we know about Rhaegar, he's certainly a gentler man than Robert, but he's also clearly an introvert as well as a melancholic person in general. Cersei was mesmerized by Rhaegar for his looks, his maturity, and his skill as a knight, but would that have been enough to make her forget Jaime? Or would she eventually have grown bored of him?

And since I'm posing this scenario, how would Cersei have handled Rhaegar's actions from the Harrenhal Tourney onward?

Cersei's view of Rhaegar reminds me of Robert's view of Lyanna: they only saw them on the outside, and never got to see the "real" person underneath.

As for cheating, Cersei claimed that Jaime was her "one true love", but that didn't stop her from bedding Lancel and Osney Kettleblack (and Moon Boy for all I know...) I don't see why things would be any different with Rhaegar. Cersei's demonstrated narcissistic and sociopathic tendencies from a young age (pushing Melara Heatherspoon down a well, torturing baby Tyrion, etc.)

I am pretty sure many people will come and tell you Cersei is a bitch all the time so she will cheat on any husband, no matter it is rhaegar or Robert or even Jaime himself.

My opnion is, I am not sure.

Cersei may cheat or not. It depends on Rhaegar too.

Let us say, Rhaegar played as Baelor the blessed and confined Cersei into the maidenvault like his daddy to his mother, then Cersei has less chance to cheat. Or Rhaegar made cersei pregnant every year without a break so she was too busy and tired to cheat. Or Rhaegar and Cersei are such a great matching couple that they decided to be absolutely faithful to each other until they die.

You know, hard to say.

Talking about HH, if rhaegar sent roses to Lyanna right in front of Cersei and whole kingdom for whatever reason, I am sure Cersei will give him a very hard time.

Cersei is a lioness. She is strong, proud and strong-willed. She will let him hear her roar.

Rhaegar can only humilate a weak and gentle Elia without any issue. Not cersei, daugher of Tywin.

a Lannister always paies off the debt.

Maybe she will immediately yell at him right there at the tourney

Maybe she will take her children and go back Casterly Rock to seek help from her father.

Maybe she will endure this but take revenge some time later.

But Rhaegar would not have chance to let this go so easily.

That depends on how he'd treat her, I think. He was her dream husband, after all, so if he'd treated her right, chances are she would have fallen in love and that would have been that.

OTOH, iirc she (or Jaime) remembers having sex together the day of her wedding, at which point she couldn't possibly know just how much Robert would mistreat her, so... possibly?

3 minutes ago, Queen Alienor said:

OTOH, iirc she (or Jaime) remembers having sex together the day of her wedding, at which point she couldn't possibly know just how much Robert would mistreat her, so... possibly?

I think she slept with Jaime AFTER Robert drunkenly had his way with her and whispered "Lyanna" in her ear.

32 minutes ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

Given what we know about Rhaegar, he's certainly a gentler man than Robert, but he's also clearly an introvert as well as a melancholic person in general. Cersei was mesmerized by Rhaegar for his looks, his maturity, and his skill as a knight, but would that have been enough to make her forget Jaime? Or would she eventually have grown bored of him?

And since I'm posing this scenario, how would Cersei have handled Rhaegar's actions from the Harrenhal Tourney onward?

My guess is she would not have cheated as early on the marriage and would not have done so with the same frequency, but people are who they are Cersei is generally a pretty selfish person. Also, her and jaime's connection has clearly been that strong since they were kids, so it's still going to be there under the surface no matter who's married to.

Depending on the time frame and her resources Cersei may have tried to get Lyanna killed. That may sound drastic, but remember she murdered a friend of hers at the age of 13 just to keep a secret. She would have been out for blood of Rhaegar did to her what he did to Elia.

3 minutes ago, The Mountain That Flies said:

My guess is she would not have cheated as early on the marriage and would not have done so with the same frequency, but people are who they are Cersei is generally a pretty selfish person. Also, her and jaime's connection has clearly been that strong since they were kids, so it's still going to be there under the surface no matter who's married to.

Depending on the time frame and her resources Cersei may have tried to get Lyanna killed. That may sound drastic, but remember she murdered a friend of hers at the age of 13 just to keep a secret. She would have been out for blood of Rhaegar did to her what he did to Elia.

People keep forgetting what a awful person Cersei is even as a child.  They buy into the whole "Robert called me Lyanna" narrative forgetting that it was Cersei delivering that speech to Ned. Cersei was trying to rationalize and justify the things she'd done to Ned, 

14 minutes ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

I think she slept with Jaime AFTER Robert drunkenly had his way with her and whispered "Lyanna" in her ear.

We're talking about Cersei here, right? She would be the one who hands disobedient servants to her mad doctor for vivisection, and demands that people watching a puppet play be blinded. She is the one who is so set on the world being the way she wants it that she won't hear correction of any sort, not on refusing to pay the Iron Bank, not on rearming the Faith, nothing. She will not share power, as she is too arrogant to do so. She is deeply paranoid, incredibly arrogant, sadistic, takes disagreement as treason, and she is dumb as a rock.

With a person like this, nothing is predictable. Rhaegar might be perfect on his wedding night, but oh horrors, he might correct her on something a week later. He might look at a woman the wrong way. He might sing a song she takes as an insult.

Cersei is mad. You can't make predictions about her.

6 minutes ago, kimim said:

We're talking about Cersei here, right? She would be the one who hands disobedient servants to her mad doctor for vivisection, and demands that people watching a puppet play be blinded. She is the one who is so set on the world being the way she wants it that she won't hear correction of any sort, not on refusing to pay the Iron Bank, not on rearming the Faith, nothing. She will not share power, as she is simply too arrogant to do so. She is deeply paranoid, incredibly arrogant, sadistic, takes disagreement as treason, and she is dumb as a rock.

With a person like this, nothing is predictable. Rhaegar might be perfect on his wedding night, but oh horrors, he might correct her on something a week later. He might look at a woman the wrong way. He might sing a song she takes as an insult.

Cersei is mad. You can't make predictions about her.

Cersei wasn't always mad, to be fair. I think it's something she came to over time. There's the death of her mother at an early age, her unnatural love for Jaime, her emotionally unavailable father, and basically being treated as a highly valuable prize to be won by the most deserving bidder. Not to mention how her beloved first child turned out to be a monster, only to die in his mother's arms. And also her paranoia built over the years that she was fated to lose all she had and be murdered by her younger brother. All of that would scar anyone psychologically.

Cersei has always been about protecting her children first above all else. So if that meant sleeping with whoever, then so be it. So yes, she would have cheated, but not necessarily with Jaime (altho it would be very likely since he would be strong enough to protect her/her kids).

Would Cersei cheat on Rhaegar? Umm... 
Is Tyrion short? 
Does Shagga like axes? 
Does Tormund have a large member? 

And Cersei fucked Jaimie the morning of her wedding, not just after Robert called out Lyannas' name. 

29 minutes ago, kimim said:

I thought there is something called "bachelor party" before the wedding.

And many people took this as the last-time craziness before new life.

Sure, it does not sound good.

But she does know Robert before marriage and she loved Jaime and she did it before the wedding.

Is it such a big deal?

Are you going to be OK if Cersei slept with Jaime several days before the wedding?

What is the major difference if she did not allow herself to get pregnant that day?

Jamie was a Kingsguard Knight by this time, so Cersei wouldn't need to choose between the two of them: she'd have both.

41 minutes ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

Cersei wasn't always mad, to be fair. I think it's something she came to over time. There's the death of her mother at an early age, her unnatural love for Jaime, her emotionally unavailable father, and basically being treated as a highly valuable prize to be won by the most deserving bidder. Not to mention how her beloved first child turned out to be a monster, only to die in his mother's arms. And also her paranoia built over the years that she was fated to lose all she had and be murdered by her younger brother. All of that would scar anyone psychologically.

. She aborts Robert's fetuses, deliberately puts a bunch of bastards in line for the throne, thus destabilizing an entire kingdom, BECAUSE ROBERT SAID "LYANNA" WHILE DEAD DRUNK ON THEIR WEDDING NIGHT.

I'm sticking with "insane, unpredictable."

7 minutes ago, kimim said:

. She aborts Robert's fetuses, deliberately puts a bunch of bastards in line for the throne, thus destabilizing an entire kingdom, BECAUSE ROBERT SAID "LYANNA" WHILE DEAD DRUNK ON THEIR WEDDING NIGHT.

I'm sticking with "insane, unpredictable."

How about those whoring, drinking, beating, raping and humiliating? 

Ask every woman around you, who want to run the risk of life to carry children for this type of man? 

Did cersei immadiately do cheating after her wedding night? 

Who slept with widowed cousin when cersei was still a new bride and robert is still a new husband? 

You are very biased. 

Cersei did not do anything bad to robert in the early stage of their marriage. 

5 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

How about those whoring, drinking, beating, raping and humiliating? 

Ask every woman around you, who want to run the risk of life to carry children for this type of man? 

Did cersei immadiately do cheating after her wedding night? 

Who slept with widowed cousin when cersei was still a new bride and robert is still a new husband? 

You are very biased. 

Cersei did not do anything bad to robert in the early stage of their marriage. 

We are talking about a marriage where one partner is a paranoid, narcissistic sociopath. Cersei would fuck up any marriage, be it to Robert, or to the most saintly, sexy, faithful male in the universe. I see zero evidence in Cersei's behavior that "Robert drove her to it." Robert didn't need to. She entered the marriage a sociopath, she remained a sociopath for its duration, and she left it a sociopath.

Of course she would have.

Cersei might have been infatuated with Romantic Rhaegar, Robert might have whispered Lyanna's name and whatnot but at the end, Cersei is truly attracted only to her reflection. And that's Jaime, not Rhaegar. As soon as the romance of the new wore off/Rhaegar revealed that he was human, whatever came first she would have gone to Jaime.

Archived