Star Wars Episode VIII: The Force Rolls out of Bed and Stretches [Ep VII Spoilers]

Davrum

Just solve the problem by starting the film elsewhere - for example, a pan down to Kylo Ren's shuttle where we check in and see he survived the destruction of SKB with Phasma and Hux. End that scene with him meeting Snoke, then cut back to Rey holding the lightsaber for Luke.  Not sure about the opening crawl, but I guess it could fill in some of the reaction/consequences to the destruction of the Senate? Or fill us in on the Resistance's plans while Rey goes to find Luke?

edit; this was meant to post a while ago, but it got stuck I suppose.

So the latest theory circulating the inter-webs about Del Toro's character: (Rebels spoiler below)

Spoiler

He will play Ezra Bridger. It's all but confirmed that Del Toro will play a villain, though at this point it could still be a misdirection, and

Rebels is moving in the direction of showing Ezra struggle with the temptation of the dark side. So yeah, plausible, for now.

2 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Looks like she survived the trash compactor. :)

Maybe she'll be allowed to, I don't know, actually do something in the next movie.

[In the First Order's darkest hour, Hux and Ren are captured by Trandoshans and taken to a dark forest moon. A figure shrouded in gleaming white appears before them...]

"Through fire and water. From the lowest generator to the highest tower I fought with the Dianoga of the Trash Compactor... Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side... Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time... The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the galaxy... But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done..."

Hux: "Phasma?"

"Phasma? Yes... that was what they used to call me. Phasma the Chrome. That was my name.  I am Phasma the White. And I come back to you now - at the turn of the tide. One stage of your journey is over, another begins. War has come to the Galaxy. We must fly to Coruscant with all speed."

1 minute ago, ab aeterno said:

[In the First Order's darkest hour, Hux and Ren are captured by Trandoshans and taken to a dark forest moon. A figure shrouded in gleaming white appears before them...]

"Through fire and water. From the lowest generator to the highest tower I fought with the Dianoga of the Trash Compactor... Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side... Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time... The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the galaxy... But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done...

Phasma? Yes... that was what they used to call me. Phasma the Chrome. That was my name.  I am Phasma the White. And I come back to you now - at the turn of the tide. One stage of your journey is over, another begins. War has come to the Galaxy. We must fly to Coruscant with all speed."

Holy shit, that was great! :lmao:

I would change one thing, make her silver or gold, because white means she is just another stormtrooper but taller. 

8 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Holy shit, that was great! :lmao:

I would change one thing, make her silver or gold, because white means she is just another stormtrooper but taller. 

"Aren't you a little tall for a Stormtrooper?"

ETA: Phew, nearly had to commit ritual suicide for getting that quote wrong.

6 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Spielberg's Ready Player One just blinked and dropped out of competition with Episode VIII's slot. If Avatar and Spielberg won't go up against Star Wars, it's hard to imagine anyone else will.

Avatar 2 is still slated to go head to head with Episode 8 as far as I know.

Spielberg's Ready Player One just blinked and dropped out of competition with Episode VIII's slot. If Avatar and Spielberg won't go up against Star Wars, it's hard to imagine anyone else will.

Avatar 2 is still slated to go head to head with Episode 8 as far as I know.

It's delayed. Indefinitely.

Archived