Star Wars Episode VIII: The Force Rolls out of Bed and Stretches [Ep VII Spoilers]

Davrum

On 5/2/2016 at 5:05 AM, felice said:

Biological father and son who've never actually met before and are on opposite sides of a war. What's your evidence that Anakin and Obi-Wan weren't sufficiently close between TPM and AotC? And Obi-Wan might see Anakin as a brother, but Anakin actually says "He's been a father to me" in the script (though I don't think it made the final cut).

It is in the final cut. 'He's like my father!'

ThinkGeek had a sale on most of their Star Wars related nerdy stuff for the 4th. Perfect, as my two friends getting married next weekend are awesome enough people that they will love their lightsaber-handle flatware, hilarious Chewie and Vader can coozies, and star destroyer bluetooth speaker. I need to stay away from that damn site.

alright, i broke down and bought the disc in order to addict daughter to this setting, but she kinda whatevered it, and so i've watched it a buncha times and have come to an accommodation with episode VII.  it's probably a bad film, despite the coolness of daisy ridley dialectically merging the roles of ford and hamill into one person by the end.  however, it does have at least one brilliant moment; reminiscent of how las meninas has been designated a 'theology of painting,' so too this composition might be considered a theology of cinema.  

The star wars continuity guru said on twitter that Snoke was not Plageues. He may have picked up the ability to outright lie from JJ abrams but otherwise it seems like a pretty strong denial of that popular theory.

Not sure were else to post this so I'll put it here. They are filming scenes for Ep VIII here in Ireland over the next few weeks, here is report on BBC website.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-36278250

Spoiler

What is interesting to me is Adam Driver filming scenes here. Ireland is being used as the location of the Jedi Temple as seen in the final scene on The Force Awakens. Scellig Michael was used for this, and filming has already taken place there for Ep VIII. However it is a difficult location being a rocky island in the Atlantic, not to mention a fragile UNESCO world heritage site (there have been a number of rock falls in the past few weeks). They have built sets to match Skellig on rocky headlands on mainland Ireland probably because they want longer scenes, and given that Daisy Ridley and Mark Hamill are back in Ireland for this bout of filming one could, if one so desired, speculate as to why Kylo Ren is needed at the Jedi Temple.

23 hours ago, red snow said:

The star wars continuity guru said on twitter that Snoke was not Plageues. He may have picked up the ability to outright lie from JJ abrams but otherwise it seems like a pretty strong denial of that popular theory.

Hidalgo frustrates me, because he spends so much time answering questions and debunking rumours on Twitter, but includes the caveat that his answers shouldn't be used to support something being canon. :lol: 

38 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Wow, first Bond, not Mad Max.

yeah and if it's the same style of cameo then there's no worry about it barring Hardy from future roles. I suspect whatever character is he'll mumble.

On 12/05/2016 at 11:03 PM, red snow said:

I'm glad it's been denied, personally I feel a little insulted that people would think I couldn't get the job done when overthrowing him. On the other hand his return would be a a good thing too, at least it would mean there's an actual Sith Lord around to run the galaxy how its supposed to be run, lets be honest, big hologram and the pensive Emo are hardly like the dream team of old.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Looks like Disney has Kenny Loggins lined up to contribute to the next flicks soundtrack...

John Williams doesn't have shit on Kenny Loggins.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Allegedly, the title for Episode VIII is:

Reveal hidden contents

Fall of the Resistance

I'm hoping this is a fake or foiler, because that would be the blandest possible title.

Not really any more bland than every other Star Wars movie title. And is a pretty good parallel to 'The Empire Strikes Back.' On the other hand, it fits too neatly; so I'm guessing its a fake.

Archived