NFL 2016: Super Bowl in Memory of John Fox

Maithanet

4 minutes ago, Independent George said:

Disagree. I'm enjoying the heck out of this game. Denver's offense is just plain bad, but it's not just them sucking; Carolina's defense is also playing really well.

Yeah but both offenses are playing really poorly.  Denver's O has 3 first downs... all on the first drive; we have five fumbles, two lost and a pick.  We also have annoucers looking at plays on replay saying "That should NEVER happen ..."  Missed tackles, missed plays.  Just a bad game.  

Disagree. I'm enjoying the heck out of this game. Denver's offense is just plain bad, but it's not just them sucking; Carolina's defense is also playing really well.

Yeah but both offenses are playing really poorly.  Denver's O has 3 first downs... all on the first drive; we have five fumbles, two lost and a pick.  We also have annoucers looking at plays on replay saying "That should NEVER happen ..."  Missed tackles, missed plays.  Just a bad game.  

We certainly have bad announcers, but the game itself has been really good. If you like watching good defense, this is the game.

Back to the announcer comment... I think they need to make an adendum on the Superbowl baby comercials. They should say the winning team's city always have higher birth rates 9 months after the Superbowl unless the game is called by Phil Simms. That guy is sure to rob anyone who listens to him their libido.

3 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

We certainly have bad announcers, but the game itself has been really good. If you like watching good defense, this is the game.

When I think of great games, I think of teams playing great on both sides of the ball, so right now, the Denver and Panthers teams are both playing great D, but the opposing offenses are actually looking terrible irrespective of the D (the fumbles are not exactly bone-jarring hits; they are just poor ball skills).  Denver's biggest play was the fumble for a TD.  But a strong second is that punt ret.  Fucking TERRIBLE special teams by the Panthers- they simply thought it was a fair catch.  Bad play.  

Feel like that's been much of the whole game.  No rhythm, no flow; certainly Miller is the best player on the field and will be MVP if everything stays the same, but not exactly a clinic on great football play all around.  

Denver's O has been terrible, but Carolina's D has also been making great plays. Norman in particular has been crazy good. The near pick was a great play - Peyton made the right read and the receiver was open, but a combination of a weak arm plus Norman's closing speed nearly ended in a pick.

The 2nd Tolbert fumble and the Newton fumble were both more about great plays by the Denver defense than carelessness by the offense. We've seen some big hits and excellent coverage from both sides.

I think Carolina's offense has another 13 points in them. I think Denver's offense has another 3, so the game is going to turn on whether the Demver D can get put another 6 points on the board.

I still think Carolina wins this game.

Really nice production on the halftime show. It is really a challeng to do these things with the sun out, and the lighting and video were really incredible under those circuimstances. I also liked the throwback to other halftime shows. I have done five of them.

I wouldve rather seen Rihanna for halftime.

The game has played out pretty closely to how I expected for the first half. Still could go either way but hoping Denver can keep up the pressure on D and grind this out with some ball control drives. It will be interesting to see how it goes when Cam scrambles out of the pocket in the 2nd half. The talking heads keep telling us yards are available there?

Archived