NFL 2016: Super Bowl in Memory of John Fox

Maithanet

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm in.

Actually we patrol the northern forests, hunting Canadians, to send them squealing back to enjoy their outlandish french fry dishes and universal health care. I still don't know how Ted Cruz eluded our pickets.

I'm of a mixed opinion on the Patriots thing. I am wary of the general NFL association with toxic chest-thumping xenophobia, but it's also nice that a region that is commonly derided by Republicans for our liberal values owns the word Patriot in the country's biggest and most retrograde sport. That's right, motherfuckers. Liberty was born here.

Pretty sure you mean amazing. ;)

17 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Agree completely regarding football. The NBA's is the best, methinks, given that the game itself just lends itself to razzle-dazzle and defense can be an afterthought without it hurting the enjoyment of the game. I like MLB's as well, I just wish they wouldn't tie it to anything meaningful like home field advantage in the Series. That bit is nuts. 

NBA's is definitely the best and even it has stupid elements like Kobe being the top vote getter despite being one of the worst players in basketball and Kyrie Irving making the team despite playing two weeks worth of games. It doesn't matter except for contract negotiations and just having that rough metric to point to how good a player was (i.e.: 12x All Star). But at least the NBA also provides a "First/Second/Third Team All NBA" which provides objective value. NFL has the "All-Pro" team at least, but let's have 2nd and 3rd team All Pro too. 

Just need to divorce the silly exhibition for the fans that All-Star games are from objective measures of player worth. I mean as a kid I loved all types of All-Star games. No need to get rid of them. Just need to strip them of any type of meaning and that goes triple for MLB because seriously that remains the dumbest thing ever.

ETA: Ok, NFL has 2nd team All Pro. Cool. Somehow forgot that. But how about getting rid of FB as a spot on the All-Pro team? It's 2016, not 1976. 

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm in.

Actually we patrol the northern forests, hunting Canadians, to send them squealing back to enjoy their outlandish french fry dishes and universal health care. I still don't know how Ted Cruz eluded our pickets.

I'm of a mixed opinion on the Patriots thing. I am wary of the general NFL association with toxic chest-thumping xenophobia, but it's also nice that a region that is commonly derided by Republicans for our liberal values owns the word Patriot in the country's biggest and most retrograde sport. That's right, motherfuckers. Liberty was born here.

So if he were to some how get the nomination and win the presidency, would that mean we get to blame Pats nation for that too?

13 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

Pretty sure you mean amazing. ;)

Shhh, I'm trying to conceal my sympathies for French Canuckistan.

It may or may not be true that one of the first photos I posted to Facebook was a picture of a plate of poutine from a 2008 trip to Montreal.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So if he were to some how get the nomination and win the presidency, would that mean we get to blame Pats nation for that too?

No, it'd still be Texas' fault. We failed to bag him and release him to his native habitat, but they elected him to the Senate.

3 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Talk about hilarious in hindsight. Then again, before he had his car accident he did have some issues.

I tried posting this yesterday, but the photo wouldn't format.

And clearly the Pain Train is the correct answer.

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I tried posting this yesterday, but the photo wouldn't format.

And clearly the Pain Train is the correct answer.

So is this more embarrassing for the Jaguars and Titans? 

Or the Vikings whom the QB they took in the first round didn't even make the SI "tough call" cover? 

I'm gonna have to ponder on this one. 

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

No, it'd still be Texas' fault. We failed to bag him and release him to his native habitat, but they elected him to the Senate.

I'm impressed Dante. You've managed to massively expand the sports/politics crossover hatred. Here's to the NE Trumpers and the Dallas Cruzboys.

16 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

So is this more embarrassing for the Jaguars and Titans?

Or the Vikings whom the QB they took in the first round didn't even make the SI "tough call" cover?

I'm gonna have to ponder on this one.

I've been Pondering this for years. It's probably why I drink.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm impressed Dante. You've managed to massively expand the sports/politics crossover hatred. Here's to the NE Trumpers and the Dallas Cruzboys.

For the love of all things holy this post makes me want to vomit. What is so horrible about this is that most of my fellow Cowboys fans are supporters of these two idiots and I can not deny it. Dallas itself is finally a liberal city, but we have idiots encamped all around us by morons. 

6 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I agree with this.  I think that just having a skills challenge and maybe some sort of Ninja Warrior style obstacle course (but more suited to the strength and size of NFL players) would be awesome.  It wouldn't be must-see TV, but it would at least be fun, something the Pro Bowl clearly isn't. 

Battle of the network stars, NFL edition.

I'd watch that.

What's all this Pro Bowl complaining? Who doesn't want to see Pac man Jones, the 7th alternate at CB, playing in the Pro Bowl? I read that technically there's something like 136 "pro bowlers" this year with dropouts and SB participants being counted. Not knocking on Jones' season either, but this year illustrates more than ever this event is a total sham, and a skills competition of some kind would be a much better choice and would get better players involved due to decreased chance of injury.

Speaking of shams, Michael Sam thinks he can play in the NFL in 2016. Sheesh.

So Russell Wilson tweeted this:

PM #WCW I kissed her & she had honey sweet lips that were lilac soft w/ a loving & affectionate personality @Ciara

Which, oh God:

Yes, Russell Wilson is the kind of guy who googles "How to describe a beautiful woman" and then tweets it verbatim. Tell me it was just the one time. Oh....wait....

nnyc2gtqb2tc3tfeyqar.jpg

odowwax6gwirp6schcm4.jpg

ETA: I have zero chance of ever getting this formatted correctly. 

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

So I took that article's advice and read the replies to one of Wilson's tweets. I got to

Hide contents

hey did u know if she fingers ur butt ur still technically a virgin? pro tip

and I could go no further.

I guarantee the end result of this will be a petition about what people can and cannot tweet to Russell Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So I took that article's advice and read the replies to one of Wilson's tweets. I got to

Reveal hidden contents

hey did u know if she fingers ur butt ur still technically a virgin? pro tip

and I could go no further.

That's how you drop a mic.

And though I find the concept of "twitter beef" to be a collective dumbing down of our society, what happened yesterday was amazing.

Archived