American Gods on Starz

Mark Antony

On 28/01/2016 at 8:54 PM, red snow said:

I tend to get British Thesps in my head from the "never happen" Ian Mckellan, to the "could happen" Ian Mcshane. Then again Gabriel Byrne or anyone who's played a devil/trickster well could work. But I think it would be good to cast someone from Northern Europe. I guess that could be an american but figure the actor having an english or (maybe even better) Scandinavian accent would be nice.

I for one can't complain. It's not often you get your dream casting for a show. Mcshane will be excellent and we know Fuller gets great performances out of his cast. It almost doesn't matter how good Shadow is (he may be excellent but as others have said the character is quiet) now as we'll have Wednesday with him most of the time.

I have no excuse not to watch now :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've liked Sean Harris in almost everything I think I've seen him in (especially Southcliffe and Red Riding) so I'm glad about that.

Not so sure about the Technical Boy casting wasn't he meant to be a stereotype of a tubby, greasy, think's he's cool neckbeard basement dweller? 

11 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

I've liked Sean Harris in almost everything I think I've seen him in (especially Southcliffe and Red Riding) so I'm glad about that.

Not so sure about the Technical Boy casting wasn't he meant to be a stereotype of a tubby, greasy, think's he's cool neckbeard basement dweller?

That's how I remember him.

Also, why no Cznerbog casting yet? 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, The King In Black said:

Wait how are they two different actors ?

Well they will probably want Low Key to appear when Shadow is in prison and have Mr. World as the face of the New Gods (I.e. Actually have him on screen). It would kind of ruin the ending to have them so clearly be the same person. And since gods and magic etc. it's easy enough to explain that Low Key just changes his appearance as he pleases (actually isn't that part of what he does in mythology?)

Archived