American Gods on Starz

Mark Antony

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well they will probably want Low Key to appear when Shadow is in prison and have Mr. World as the face of the New Gods (I.e. Actually have him on screen). It would kind of ruin the ending to have them so clearly be the same person. And since gods and magic etc. it's easy enough to explain that Low Key just changes his appearance as he pleases (actually isn't that part of what he does in mythology?)

Ok I read it as Mr. World wouldn't be the same entity as Low Key , that those two would be different characters altogether. My bad.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well they will probably want Low Key to appear when Shadow is in prison and have Mr. World as the face of the New Gods (I.e. Actually have him on screen). It would kind of ruin the ending to have them so clearly be the same person. And since gods and magic etc. it's easy enough to explain that Low Key just changes his appearance as he pleases (actually isn't that part of what he does in mythology?)

I suppose they could also have 'Mr World' pretending to be the man in charge, but really taking orders from Low Key. It would be a bit of a departure from the book, but it might work better on screen.

Every time I write Low Key I get embarrassed by how long it took me to decipher his name properly when reading the book.

3 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I suppose they could also have 'Mr World' pretending to be the man in charge, but really taking orders from Low Key. It would be a bit of a departure from the book, but it might work better on screen.

Every time I write Low Key I get embarrassed by how long it took me to decipher his name properly when reading the book.

I'm glad I'm not the only one 

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one 

I don't know how Gaiman did it, but it seems to be the case for most people. I worked it out at exactly the same time Shadow did.

It's obviously not going to work here though.

As for Mr. World and Loki being different actors, I always got the impression that he was changing his appearance in the book anyway. Nothing directly stated but if he's posing as their driver as well as their boss, it would be a bit weird if he looked the same.

19 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

As for Mr. World and Loki being different actors, I always got the impression that he was changing his appearance in the book anyway. Nothing directly stated but if he's posing as their driver as well as their boss, it would be a bit weird if he looked the same.

Loki has shapeshifting abilities in the myths so that would make some sense.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I don't know how Gaiman did it, but it seems to be the case for most people. I worked it out at exactly the same time Shadow did.

It's obviously not going to work here though.

Yep, I didn't figure out until shadow did either. Or maybe a couple of paragraphs before, I don't remember exactly. It's funny in hindsight because it should be so obvious, especially with the whol two man bluff thing going on too.

That was my thoughts too, that they'll have him as a different actor for his different personas, explained as Gallows Knight says here

40 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Loki has shapeshifting abilities in the myths so that would make some sense.

• 1 month later...

Gillian Anderson joins!

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/gillian-anderson-american-gods-media-starz-bryan-fuller-1201788348/

Anderson will play Media, the mouthpiece for the New Gods, functioning as their public face and sales representative, by taking the form of various iconic celebrities. She lives off the attention and worship that people give to screens — to their laptops, their TVs, to their iPhones in their hands while they watch their TVs. Ever the perky spokesperson, and always in control, she spins stories in whatever direction best suits her

7 hours ago, Friendly Neighborhood said:

Even before reading it all I knew she was Media. Now Fuller just needs to somehow get Mikkelsen , Dancy and Pace on board and then it's party time.

Also deadline tells me Peter Stormare is Czernobog 

Mikkelson is just crying out to be one of the old norse gods. Pace or Dancy could probably do the internet depending on which way they go. I think Dancy could channel the computer geek quite well.

Let's get Gina Torres involved too :)

And Gillian Anderson just makes anything a little bit better so this can only be good news for the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Omid Abtahi Joins Cast Of Starz Series

Omid Abtahi (Argo) has been cast in American Gods, Starz’s upcoming straight-to-series adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s acclaimed contemporary fantasy novel, which is filming in Toronto. Abtahi will be recurring in Season 1 with an option to become a regular in Season 2. He will play the role of Salim, a sweet, sad, and put-upon foreigner who is one half of a pair of star-crossed lovers.

Another one. Anansi

Orlando Jones has joined the cast of the upcoming Starz original series “American Gods.” Jones has been cast as Mr. Nancy, and African trickster god also known as Anansi. The character is a close confidante of Mr. Wednesday, set to be played by Ian McShane

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/american-gods-cast-orlando-jones-1201796219/

10 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

It's clearly a long time since I've read the book (probably 13 years easily) but is this a new character for the show? I'm still hoping the show expands on the book significantly as there's so much for them to play with in a longer format.

11 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's clearly a long time since I've read the book (probably 13 years easily) but is this a new character for the show? I'm still hoping the show expands on the book significantly as there's so much for them to play with in a longer format.

Isn't that the guy that sleeps with the Djinn?

On 16/04/2016 at 7:33 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

On 16/04/2016 at 7:30 AM, williamjm said:

Loki? Though I only intuitively think that because of the Thor/Avengers movies, and Smite.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived