Who will be new lord of Dreadfort?

dariopatke

If Stannis wins, or he dies and Jon wins. I would actually like to see Rickon as King in the North and Jon legitimised and lord of the Dreadfort but it is not likely because I see Jon in new NW at the end. He will have his little journey but will come back to the Watch, just like his time with wildlings.

Who are possible candidates? I really have no idea, maybe some wildling? Sigorn is lord of Karhold if Harion doesnt come back so Dreadfort might go to someone of them to seal the deal.

11 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

If Stannis wins, or he dies and Jon wins. I would actually like to see Rickon as King in the North and Jon legitimised and lord of the Dreadfort but it is not likely because I see Jon in new NW at the end. He will have his little journey but will come back to the Watch, just like his time with wildlings.

Who are possible candidates? I really have no idea, maybe some wildling? Sigorn is lord of Karhold if Harion doesnt come back so Dreadfort might go to someone of them to seal the deal.

You wont like my answer but I think there is a chance that Rickon is

I see Jon as King, and Robb Jr as Lord of Winterfell.

The only other option I see would be a Wildling that Jon gives the Dreadfort to.

I think the wildlings are probably out of the running at this point. The only ones with any semblance of discipline are the Thenn's and like you said, Sigorn already has Karhold. I don't think the rest will adapt to lordship as well. 

Given their bloody history with the Starks, I actually have no idea how the Boltons have been around for so long. 

18 minutes ago, sarah.jenice said:

Fat Walda as Lady of the Dreadfort.

Not likely. A Frey as the Lady of one of the most formidable strongholds in the North?

If Roose is defeated and slain or captured, Ramsay has little to no loyalty from anyone.

One of Stannis' lords will not be well received if installed either.

I think the only family that could make it work is the Umbers. Give it to Mors and his family.

32 minutes ago, RoamingRonin said:

Burn the castle down. The realm doesn't need a new Lord of the Dreadfort.

As to that. The Dreadfort sits atop an area known for its volcanic activity, providing warmth even in the dead of winter. If the Dreadfort was burned and the Bolton lands divided (I assume that is what you would do with the land), there would be an area able to grow extremely valuable winter crops but no fortification to defend the farmers, the crops, or the harvest if it were attacked by others desiring the extra food for their family/lands. Building a new stronghold, even half as formidable as the Dredfort, would be an incredibly expensive endeavor.

I made a similar point when someone suggested destroying the Twins and leaving the bridge. That person didn't seem to understand what I was saying and it was no use trying to reason with him.

1 hour ago, dariopatke said:

Even if Stannis wins or Jon wins against Ramsey, Roose can still bend the knee and remain lord of the dreadfort  while his fat 'n fertile frey wife pops out babies. 

2 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Not likely. A Frey as the Lady of one of the most formidable strongholds in the North?

If Roose is defeated and slain or captured, Ramsay has little to no loyalty from anyone.

One of Stannis' lords will not be well received if installed either.

I think the only family that could make it work is the Umbers. Give it to Mors and his family.

As to that. The Dreadfort sits atop an area known for its volcanic activity, providing warmth even in the dead of winter. If the Dreadfort was burned and the Bolton lands divided (I assume that is what you would do with the land), there would be an area able to grow extremely valuable winter crops but no fortification to defend the farmers, the crops, or the harvest if it were attacked by others desiring the extra food for their family/lands. Building a new stronghold, even half as formidable as the Dredfort, would be an incredibly expensive endeavor.

I made a similar point when someone suggested destroying the Twins and leaving the bridge. That person didn't seem to understand what I was saying and it was no use trying to reason with him.

I'm very interested in the volcanic activity of Planetos. Could you please provide a citation or similar for that.

I agree that the Dreadfort is unlikely to be purposefully destroyed. However, it could easily be damaged in a battle or 'other' accident.

2 hours ago, A Song of Ass and Fire said:

It belongs to Lady Arya Stark by marriage. :)  I think she is going to use the fake marriage against the Boltons once Ramsay is out of the picture.

The new House of the Dreadfort...Poole :D

Seriously, I like that.

24 minutes ago, Maester of Valyria said:

I'm very interested in the volcanic activity of Planetos. Could you please provide a citation or similar for that.

I agree that the Dreadfort is unlikely to be purposefully destroyed. However, it could easily be damaged in a battle or 'other' accident.

The new House of the Dreadfort...Poole :D

Seriously, I like that.

I was thinking that the real Arya would show up, find out she supposedly married Ramsay Bolton, and exploit that after killing off the Boltons.

It would be nice for poor Jeyne Poole to end up in a position of power after what she's gone through, but officially Ramsay married Arya, not Jeyne.  That's why I think it would be awesome for Arya to use that.  I could even see her threatening Roose, and daring him to admit to the Northerners that the marriage was a sham and that it was not really her who Ramsay married.

If she was a few years older, she could even get pregnant by her favorite Baratheon bastard and claim the child was a Bolton.

3 hours ago, A Song of Ass and Fire said:

It belongs to Lady Arya Stark by marriage. :)  I think she is going to use the fake marriage against the Boltons once Ramsay is out of the picture.

You mean Jeyne Poole? Do you really think she would want to rule from the Dreadfort?

Seriously, the best thing to do is to burn the castle to the ground. If necessary, build another one nearby. There's nothing desirable about ruling from the Dreadfort.

There is no way that eighter Stannis or Jon would pardon him. He didnt want to pardon Mace and Balon, the only way Roose gets a pardon is to bend the knee before battle. Jon is even less likely to pardon him, come on even if Roose bends the knee in front of Jon he would whisper Robb Stark sends his regards or something like that and stab him to the neck.

Dreadfort is strong and powerful castle, it would be a shame to burn it, HH still exist, even Westerlings got Castamere.

I like Jeyne Poole even more than Arya, but since Karstark name may go to history it is possible to create new branch of house Stark via Arya. Although Im routing for Harion to come back, that family has suffered too much.

And I dont get why were Greystarks extinguished and Bolton were not?

Well, if Harrion isn't dead then I would guess Alys and Sigorn would need a castle, and the Dreadfort could use a woman's touch.

4 hours ago, A Song of Ass and Fire said:

I never thought of that, but now I wonder why I didn't see it before. That is certainly plausible since with House Bolton extinct, Jeyne would have the strongest claim to the Dreadfort by marriage. She could be the next Lady Dustin of Barrowtown. 

You mean Jeyne Poole? Do you really think she would want to rule from the Dreadfort?

Seriously, the best thing to do is to burn the castle to the ground. If necessary, build another one nearby. There's nothing desirable about ruling from the Dreadfort.

Oh if I was in her place I would rule and I would enjoy every single second of it. Come on, their family is turned to ashes and I get their castle, perfect! I would also ask Ramsay's skull and be like Clubfoot Karl from show. I dont think building a castle that good is cheap, why would they do that, it is unnecessary expense when you have to rebuild entire North.

Archived