Who will be new lord of Dreadfort?

dariopatke

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, Maester of Valyria said:

I'm very interested in the volcanic activity of Planetos. Could you please provide a citation or similar for that.

I agree that the Dreadfort is unlikely to be purposefully destroyed. However, it could easily be damaged in a battle or 'other' accident.

The new House of the Dreadfort...Poole :D

Seriously, I like that.

After searching for a time I was unable to find a quote supporting my claim. Perhaps I was getting a couple placed mixed up in my head.

sorry to get your hopes up.

17 hours ago, dread wolf said:

his name is lonnel snow or something

Larence Snow, who has been taken captive with the rest of the the Glover children by Asha last I checked (or at least he wasn't mentioned as not being taken to Harlaw--but then I wouldn't see why Asha wouldn't take him--it's unclear). He was being fostered with the Glovers for some odd reason--always made me think that he might be half Glover since the Glovers are rather supportive of Larence. If Asha didn't take him, then Stannis has Larence.

There's also the children of Harys Hornwood's sister, Berena. She had two boys by her Tallhart husband: Brandon and Beren Tallhart. Brandon and Beren are in line for Torrhen's Square after their cousin Eddara Tallhart.

4 minutes ago, WhitewolfStark said:

Larence Snow, who has been taken captive with the rest of the the Glover children by Asha last I checked (or at least he wasn't mentioned as not being taken to Harlaw--but then I wouldn't see why Asha wouldn't take him--it's unclear). He was being fostered with the Glovers for some odd reason--always made me think that he might be half Glover since the Glovers are rather supportive of Larence. If Asha didn't take him, then Stannis has Larence.

There's also the children of Harys Hornwood's sister, Berena. She had two boys by her Tallhart husband: Brandon and Beren Tallhart. Brandon and Beren are in line for Torrhen's Square after their cousin Eddara Tallhart.

thank u for correcting me bro

4 minutes ago, WhitewolfStark said:

While I like that idea of Arya claiming and becoming the Lady of the Dreadfort, I have to admit that it's another opportunity for a Wildling--should they take it from Bolton's men.

it may be unlikely bro the dreadfort has a nasty reputation and whoever gets it might keep a garrison there rather than live there.

or i like this idea very much it might become some kind of millitary academy of the north like goldcloaks whitecloaks of king's landing the redcloaks of the north

17 hours ago, WhitewolfStark said:

While I like that idea of Arya claiming and becoming the Lady of the Dreadfort, I have to admit that it's another opportunity for a Wildling--should they take it from Bolton's men.

Lady Arya Stark may become an eligible widow. Who could she prefer to marry? It is not difficult to be better than Ramsay.

Well, I think there's a chance it might just be destroyed or abandoned at the end of the series. It has a horrible reputation, and I wouldn't be too surprised if the Boltons were wiped out completely by the end.

If it's still intact at the end, I'd love it if Jeyne Poole became it's lady. She has suffered through enough and deserves a happy end, as much as that's possible for her.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29.1.2016 at 10:45 PM, Byrnard Sandors said:

It belongs to Lady Arya Stark by marriage. :)  I think she is going to use the fake marriage against the Boltons once Ramsay is out of the picture.

I mean, from a legal point of view, their marriage is legit. Ramsay may be an idiot, but Roose doubtlessly knows that this girl can never be Arya Stark. Even if she decides to be honest about her identity, that does not change the fact that they were married in a sacred ceremony and made an holy oath. What I'm trying to say is, this is a legal marriage, even if all the world knows she is only Jeyne Poole. So yes, she is the legit Lady of the Dreadfort, although I highly doubt she will ever be able or willing to make a claim to "her" lordship.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, dariopatke said:

If Stannis wins, or he dies and Jon wins. I would actually like to see Rickon as King in the North and Jon legitimised and lord of the Dreadfort but it is not likely because I see Jon in new NW at the end. He will have his little journey but will come back to the Watch, just like his time with wildlings.

Who are possible candidates? I really have no idea, maybe some wildling? Sigorn is lord of Karhold if Harion doesnt come back so Dreadfort might go to someone of them to seal the deal.

I think there is going to be a new order after the Others have finished wreaking havoc on Westeros.  The Dreadfort will probably cease to exist.

dariopatke:

"

If Stannis wins, or he dies and Jon wins. I would actually like to see Rickon as King in the North and Jon legitimised and lord of the Dreadfort but it is not likely because I see Jon in new NW at the end. He will have his little journey but will come back to the Watch, just like his time with wildlings.

Who are possible candidates? I really have no idea, maybe some wildling? Sigorn is lord of Karhold if Harion doesnt come back so Dreadfort might go to someone of them to seal the deal."

The Dreadfort should stay with the Boltons.  Lady Walda's future son, Lord Walder Domeric Bolton, Lord Waldo for short.  I don't want to see Jon anywhere but the Land of Always Winter.  He should live as the "lone wolf", alone in the icy wilderness with a pack of dogs.  If he just has to have a companion then let it be Arya.  They can breed their own litter of Stark pups all they want up there.

15 hours ago, DasallmaechtigeJ said:

I mean, from a legal point of view, their marriage is legit. Ramsay may be an idiot, but Roose doubtlessly knows that this girl can never be Arya Stark. Even if she decides to be honest about her identity, that does not change the fact that they were married in a sacred ceremony and made an holy oath. What I'm trying to say is, this is a legal marriage, even if all the world knows she is only Jeyne Poole. So yes, she is the legit Lady of the Dreadfort, although I highly doubt she will ever be able or willing to make a claim to "her" lordship.

I doubt Jeyne is long for this world, and it would be the perfect twist of the tall Arya used the marriage against the Boltons.  What Northern lord would say "actually, we witnessed Ramsay marry some commoner pretending to be Arya" if a true Stark showed up to lay claim?  And who is to say that Ramsay is not technically married to Arya on that ceremony?  We know of at least one legal marriage performed by proxy when the bride was not present, Asha's.  Maybe the Old Gods care about the names said and the intent rather than who is present.

And it's just too perfect, plot wise, for Roose's scheme to backfire and greatly increase the power of the Starks... and she is a bloodthirsty assassin, a perfect fit to be the Lady of the Dreadfort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 3:48 AM, Sam2Sexy said:

dariopatke:

"

Who are possible candidates? I really have no idea, maybe some wildling? Sigorn is lord of Karhold if Harion doesnt come back so Dreadfort might go to someone of them to seal the deal."

The Dreadfort should stay with the Boltons.  Lady Walda's future son, Lord Walder Domeric Bolton, Lord Waldo for short.  I don't want to see Jon anywhere but the Land of Always Winter.  He should live as the "lone wolf", alone in the icy wilderness with a pack of dogs.  If he just has to have a companion then let it be Arya.  They can breed their own litter of Stark pups all they want up there.

I despise Jon as much as the next person but I would be fine with him ending up on the Dreadfort and rule over the wildlings, and only the wildlings.

There won't be a new Lord imo, Dreadfort has a nasty story and will probably be demolished (after the Winter) and I think the main purpose of the North's storyline is to put end to House Stark bitter rivals once for all.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, King Viserys Targaryen IV said:

You wont like my answer but I think there is a chance that Rickon is

I see Jon as King, and Robb Jr as Lord of Winterfell.

The only other option I see would be a Wildling that Jon gives the Dreadfort to.

I agree with the bolded. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, RoamingRonin said:

Burn the castle down. The realm doesn't need a new Lord of the Dreadfort.

This is my second favorite one.  With dragonfire. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:45 PM, Byrnard Sandors said:

It belongs to Lady Arya Stark by marriage. :)  I think she is going to use the fake marriage against the Boltons once Ramsay is out of the picture.

And we have a winner!  By far the best twist and I would LOVE this. 

On 30.1.2016 at 3:50 PM, Jaak said:

How about "Arya Stark", in the name of her unborn child by Ramsay? The North rallied to Stannis, just to save her, and they are recognizing her as genuine Arya. Rickon, if he comes back from Skagos, will have been too young to remember, so he´d take North and leave Dreadfort to his big sister. And Mercy is stuck in Braavos under a false name.

Would the North trust a son of Ramsay, if he was brought up by his "Stark" mother and has never seen another live Bolton (Ramsay and Roose having been killed before he was born)?

Yep, I like this.

Once the fake marriage is cleared out and Boltons dead, I hope Jeyne Poole and her family hold the Dreadfort. They wouldn't say no to a strong castle. In the worst of cases, let them change its name to Poolefort or something.

Arya has no business ruling a castle.

Archived