Skagos army

dariopatke

I mean they obviously have some men and they are not in any danger. I believe Lyseni slavers are kinds afraid to go there, Hardhome is better for them. What will they do with that army? There is a reason why he is in Skagos and not in some minor castle like Ironrarth or maybe Greywater Watch. Do you thing Davos will return with some army?

I do. Not sure if he will lead it, but I think that one of the most important parts Rickon for whom Davos is searching has in the story is to be a device which will bring Skagosi in.

Though I am not sure it will be only the army. With dead things in the water Skagosi might decide that they would be rather a little souther like wildlings did.

1 hour ago, dariopatke said:

But they surely can gather couple hundreds of men and they can actually decide battle.

The North isn't as short-handed as some people seem to think.When Robb went South he only brought forces that he could gather quickly and left plenty behind. Manderly has a considerable amount of horse that didn't go to Winterfell. The Karstarks will have to come around to the anti-Bolton side with the new leadership, and there have to be others, like the Mormonts. The hill tribes have men who can fight though they aren't well-armed. I don't think a few hundred would be significant.

14 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

The North isn't as short-handed as some people seem to think.When Robb went South he only brought forces that he could gather quickly and left plenty behind. Manderly has a considerable amount of horse that didn't go to Winterfell. The Karstarks will have to come around to the anti-Bolton side with the new leadership, and there have to be others, like the Mormonts. The hill tribes have men who can fight though they aren't well-armed. I don't think a few hundred would be significant.

I'd beg to differ, about Robb. He left the north militarily depleted and very undefended when he marched south. That's why the Ironmen were able to take it.

1 minute ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

I'd beg to differ, about Robb. He left the north militarily depleted and very undefended when he marched south. That's why the Ironmen were able to take it.

The Ironborn took a few castles, not "the the North". Moat Cailin (empty), Winterfell (garrison lured away, taken by stealth) and Deepwood Motte (undermanned). They weren't able to hold any of them for long.

1 hour ago, Light a wight tonight said:

DThe Ironborn took a few castles, not "the the North". Moat Cailin (empty), Winterfell (garrison lured away, taken by stealth) and Deepwood Motte (undermanned). They weren't able to hold any of them for long.

I know well all the details, and why it wasn't held, Asha explains it to Theon. But Balon was declared King of the Iron Islands and the North, leaving Robb just the Riverlands. Either way, no taking of anywhere in the North would've occurred if Robb had left it properly garrisoned and defended, period. He never assumed it being attacked or taken possible, so he didn't plan for it.

Torrhen went south with 30k, Robb with 18.  That leaves 12k without any funny business, ie Skagos and mountain clans.  White Harbor has also been growing the whole time, and there was an exceptionally long summer meaning a higher % of children would have survived to adulthood than normal.  The north is definitely not tapped out.

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Torrhen went south with 30k, Robb with 18.  That leaves 12k without any funny business, ie Skagos and mountain clans.  White Harbor has also been growing the whole time, and there was an exceptionally long summer meaning a higher % of children would have survived to adulthood than normal.  The north is definitely not tapped out.

Torrhen was a crowned king. He must have called all his banner with their full strenght,which for starters are surely more than Robb (a Lord of a Great House when he began his march south) can muster. We also know at least one House gave as little troops they copuld (the Dustins).

21 minutes ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

Torrhen was a crowned king. He must have called all his banner with their full strenght,which for starters are surely more than Robb (a Lord of a Great House when he began his march south) can muster. We also know at least one House gave as little troops they copuld (the Dustins).

Robb wasn't even a lord when he called his banners.  My point was that the north has men left over, you don't seem to disagree.

3 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

The Ironborn took a few castles, not "the the North". Moat Cailin (empty), Winterfell (garrison lured away, taken by stealth) and Deepwood Motte (undermanned). They weren't able to hold any of them for long.

Moat Cailin was not empty, Robb left a force there.

And surely the small number of men left at Winterfell, Torrhens Square, Hornwood and Deepwood Motte as well as the Umbers and Karstarks complaining about not having enough men to bring in the last harvest supports the idea that the North is depleted.

2 hours ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

I know well all the details, and why it wasn't held, Asha explains it to Theon. But Balon was declared King of the Iron Islands and the North, leaving Robb just the Riverlands. Either way, no taking of anywhere in the North would've occurred if Robb had left it properly garrisoned and defended, period. He never assumed it being attacked or taken possible, so he didn't plan for it.

I could declare myself king of the Iron Islands and the North, too. It would be wishful thinking on my part, just as it was on Balon's. 

4 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

I could declare myself king of the Iron Islands and the North, too. It would be wishful thinking on my part, just as it was on Balon's. 

And I'd agree with you, but it doesn't change the facts, both he and Renly as much as they weren't really kings, were recognized as such, in the also misnomered War of the Five Kings. But truthfully, they're both dead, so is Robb, and that makes this an irrelevantly moot topic.

Archived