Ok Ladies, Robert or Rhaegar?

DigUpHerBones

It is 281, just after Tourney at Harrenhal, immediately after you were named Queen of Love and Beauty, you are in Lyanna Stark's corset...

But this time the choice is YOURS (maybe it was all along, probably was, but we do not KNOW for sure, yet).

And also this time, hindsight is 20/20.

You know what happens to the Kingdom if you leave with Rhaegar.

You also can see your future life with Robert (saying he never usurped the throne) But you are able to "see" the fury on the Trident that day if you did leave with Rhaegar, and what Robert was willing to do.

You know Rhaegar is a little flaky, he is after all a married Crown Prince and has a severe case of depression and you know you might end up on a pyre if you do not produce male heirs.  But you also know he is a super, super decent human being.

You also know Robert will NEVER be faithful, and cause quite some embarrassment to you and your family when he has 50 bastards running around.

The choice is yours.

5 minutes ago, DigUpHerBones said:

I gotta call you out on this one... We do not know what happens to the kingdom.. yet, the story is not finished. 

Sure leaving with Rhaegar led to a civil war and everything we have read so far but if R+L=J and J somehow saves the world then leaving with Rhaegar is really the only choice

It is 281, just after Tourney at Harrenhal, immediately after you were named Queen of Love and Beauty, you are in Lyanna Stark's corset...

But this time the choice is YOURS (maybe it was all along, probably was, but we do not KNOW for sure, yet).

And also this time, hindsight is 20/20.

You also can see your future life with Robert (saying he never usurped the throne) But you are able to "see" the fury on the Trident that day if you did leave with Rhaegar, and what Robert was willing to do.

You know Rhaegar is a little flaky, he is after all a married Crown Prince and has a severe case of depression and you know you might end up on a pyre if you do not produce male heirs.  But you also know he is a super, super decent human being.

You also know Robert will NEVER be faithful, and cause quite some embarrassment to you and your family when he has 50 bastards running around.

The choice is yours.

Not a woman, but I might ask… why do point that Robert will not be faithful (there wouldn't be a reason to, as he wouldn't be as severely depressed as he is if Lyanna wasn't kidnapped/eloped/raped/whatever you believe) but not mention Rhaegar would also be unfaithful, fleeing with a 14 years old kid?

1 minute ago, RobOsevens said:

I gotta call you out on this one... We do not know what happens to the kingdom.. yet, the story is not finished. 

Sure leaving with Rhaegar led to a civil war and everything we have read so far but if R+L=J and J somehow saves the world then leaving with Rhaegar is really the only choice

This. I have to know what the ultimate end game is before I can make any kind of informed decision.

1 hour ago, RobOsevens said:

I agree. Since I will have hindsight, i think that is necessary to know everything. Generaly, I would choose Rhaegar hands down because I like him very much as a character at the moment (I'm not sure what Martin will reveal about him in future books). And I wouldn't choose Robert even if he paid me my weight in gold. Of course If I were aware about the disaster that'd follow my elopment with the prince, I wouldn't do it. Though I would do it if I knew that our son would be the one that he'd save the world.

Yeah, not able to decide without all the facts.

No facts: Rhaegar, for sure. Lust is a powerful motivator, and fidelity is scarce on the ground.

With facts: maybe become the queen of swords and roll with Arthur Dayne instead. Escaping to Essos with the best sword in the kingdom  seems like an option.

Well, if I really know what's going to happen, then I'm sure as hell not going to choose Rhaegar. No matter how dreamy he is, if it gets my father and my brother killed and starts a civil war, he's not worth it.

Robert is never going to be faithful, and I'm not sure that he would treat me any better than he treated Cersei once he gets to know me and realizes I'm nothing like the fantasy in his head, so he is not that great a choice either. Better than the one that gets half my family killed, mind you, but still not good.

Depending on who responds to any sort of flirting from me, and treats me right, running away with Oberyn Martell, Arthur Dayne (though that one is admittedly a more or less completely blank slate, so not sure how much better he is than anyone else) or possibly Howland Reed might be the best option.

Agree with people above, if lyanna genuinely believed a son with rhaegar will save the human beings, then no matter rhaegar is a dashing young prince or a 80 year old wallder Frey, then lyanna should elope with him. 

But if she only ran away for love, by knowing how her father will be roasted slowly and how her brother will have to kill him by himself, I think the answer is very obvious. 

Neither - even if my possible future child could save the world.  World's fucked if it's up to me!

I'd much rather be Lewyn's secret paramour!  It would be far more exciting being the secret lover of a KG, and far less likely to damage the entire realm...just the KG, and they're already headed downhill* anyway...

[*Well, not so much until Robert's time as King - Aerys still had the cream of the crop, he just used them poorly...but still, I'm sticking with the denigration of the KG rather than the denigration of the entire kingdom...]

2 hours ago, Lord Ravenstark said:

Not a woman, but I might ask… why do point that Robert will not be faithful (there wouldn't be a reason to, as he wouldn't be as severely depressed as he is if Lyanna wasn't kidnapped/eloped/raped/whatever you believe) but not mention Rhaegar would also be unfaithful, fleeing with a 14 years old kid?

Robert wouldn't be faithful to Lyanna, Rhaegar might have been.  By all accounts, he seems to have been faithful to his first wife up until he/they decided to stop sleeping together.  

3 hours ago, FuzzyJAM said:

Robert wouldn't be faithful to Lyanna, Rhaegar might have been.  By all accounts, he seems to have been faithful to his first wife up until he/they decided to stop sleeping together.  

Actually, I think rhaegar is technically faithful to lyanna during his stay in TOJ, unless you buy the theory that he slept with ashara dayne over that period and created young griff, or daenaerys. 

But he may have a reconciliation well-protected sex with elia after he returned to KL, in order to apologize for his mistakes in the rebellion and gain support from dorne. 

Archived