Acrophilia #11: ... and the winner is ...

Julia H.

On 2/7/2016 at 2:25 PM, a shadow said:

I can not pass my character. I have tried, and I cannot. I will try again, but I do not believe I had so much difficulty any time before. :ninja: Not sure what the reason is, but I hope that the reason is interesting at least :ninja:

Edit: Before you think I got burdened with a difficult character, I must tell you that it is not a minor or difficult character, it is just that I have nothing for them.

Pull yourself together.

I've got submissions from everyone. :) 

If you want a last minute change or if you have multiple submissions and want to tell me which one to use, you still have some time to do it ...  but not much. 

ROUND ONE CLUES

1. Dignified abdication, by nightfall's oath.

2. He's "aged." Judiciously doesn't expect companionate conversation.

3. Died alone. Bitter Nobleman. Oceangoing. 

4. He advised: "Just don't elect catapulting chickens!"

5. Daughter and bonfire? No! Outrageous!

6. Desperate.  Autocratic.  Beggarly.  Notably obnoxious.

7. Hairy adventurer. Jilted despite efforts. Chivalry compromised.

8.  Disputed as beautiful. Nomenclature obstructed.

The deadline:

10. a.m. Central European Time on Sunday 14th February

I added a clue, too, so you have one more clue to figure out.

5 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

clue 4 is missing a letter/word

Oops! The player in question sent me several versions and I picked the only one that is missing a word. :blush: That's what happens when you make important decisions late at night. 

5 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

As someone who's done that before, I suggest they add the word "just." Unlikely that changes the meaning.

I'll do that.

14 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

As someone who's done that before, I suggest they add the word "just." Unlikely that changes the meaning.

If I were the author of the fourth clue, I would really resent this suggestion. Maybe they had a word in mind, but simply were distracted, when they typed the sentence. And now someone else took over their entry :ninja: I think we can afford to wait for the author, if something like that happens.

12 minutes ago, a shadow said:

If I were the author of the fourth clue, I would really resent this suggestion. Maybe they had a word in mind, but simply were distracted, when they typed the sentence. And now someone else took over their entry :ninja: I think we can afford to wait for the author, if something like that happens.

If they would have gotten it sent right the first time, there'd be no reason to resent it!

6 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

If they would have gotten it sent right the first time, there'd be no reason to resent it!

I recognize that this answer is well structured, I also recognize it has no effect on me. I also recognize that rarely anything has an effect on me.

Archived