A Dragon did wake from Stone and She has Three heads and Her name is Daenerys Targaryen

Drogonthedread

A Dragon did wake from stone and her name is Daenerys stormborn  and she has three heads

Who is this bloody savior?” “A dragon.” The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. “A dragon with three heads.”    

BLOOD OF THE DRAGON

i am going to present my theory that daenerys targaryen is the three headed dragon ..where the three heads represent the three prophecies she will fulfill (AAR/TPTPWP/TSWMTW) and dragons she gave birth (drogon.,rhaegal and viserion) and her role in A song of ice and fire (creator /mother.,preserver /queen and destroyer/khaleesi)

iam sure everyone has heard about how dany fulfills the prophecy of AAR and TPTWP and TSWMTW ..there are many theories how she fulfills these prophecies  here and other places of the fandom ...

but the main reason iam startring this thread is because i want a place where all the points and clues from the books  about how dany fits these prophecies are stored so any fan who is willing to go through it can make use of this one

and also iam afraid that many fans dont know how much dany fulfills and how much foreshadowings are there for her in the five books and simply dismiss her as red herring and obvious which is never a good defense

now before reading into the theory i ask you guys to keep an open minded and bias aside because this theory is involved with dany and saying she is the three headed dragon does not diminishes any other  character or story lines present in the series they will have their roles to play in the series as same as dany..  because as Stannis says "Even Azor Ahai didnt fight his war alone and needed the help of other characters ".

and i hope i can convince some  people who reads this theory ..

before going into the details about daenerys fulfilling the prophecies i would like to deal to present some points which i base my theory upon

i am basing my theory  assuming  that all three prophecies AAR ., TPTWP and TSWMTW are same versions of different prophecies and a dragon(dany )comes to fulfill all these prophecies and these prophecy becomes part of her ..as heads of dragons

The Dragon that was Promised  (i.e) dany the dragon who was promised

throughout the series and dunk and egg novella we see how targaryens are looking for the rebirth of dragons and coming of a Dragon reborn ..the dragon that was promised

who else can be the dragon that was promised than someone whose story we follow is titled as BLOOD oF DRaGON and the LAST DRAGON

1.The Prince that was Promised = azor ahai

as we know from mel that azor ahai will be born amidst salt and smoke and will drew lightbringer under the bleeding star

and aemon mentions the same when he speaks about the TPTWP that the prince will be born amidst the salt and smoke and he also mentions about  the bleeding star as a part of the prophecy 

we also know that the both the prophecies are ancient and comes from asshai 

and if that wasnt enough we have mel who calls stannis the one she claimed as Azor ahai as the TPTWP

“You are he who must stand against the Other. The one whose coming was prophesied five thousand years ago. The red comet was your herald. You are the prince that was promised, and if you fail the world fails with you.” Melisandre went to him, her red lips parted, her ruby throbbing. “Give me this boy,” she whispered, “and I will give you your kingdom.”

“It is the war for the dawn you speak of, my lady. But where is the prince that was promised?” “He stands before you,” Melisandre declared, “though you do not have the eyes to see. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai come again, the warrior of fire. In him the prophecies are fulfilled. The red comet blazed across the sky to herald his coming, and he bears Lightbringer, the red sword of heroes."

“No one ever looked for a girl,” he said. “It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King’s Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it.” Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. “I must go to her. I must. Would that I was even ten years younger.”

From above mentioned quotes  its clear that TPTWP and AAR are one and same

even if that wasnt enough GRRM himself tells they are both the same when giving an interview ..now look at what TSWMTW prophecy says

“The stallion is the khal of khals promised in ancient prophecy, child. He will unite the Dothraki into a single khalasar and ride to the ends of the earth, or so it was promised. All the people of the world will be his herd.”.

see again another prophecy that talks about Promised prince and coming from ancient prophecy ..i will like to get into more details when we discuss about TSWMTW prophecy later ..

so now according to the prophecy of  TPTWP and AAR that the he/she will be born amidst salt and smoke and when the red star bleeds he/she will drew the lightbringer from the fire

now as we have seen the parts of prophecy but who will be fulfilling these prophecies

prophecy of ghost of high heart

What  we must remember most impotantly is  that he/she will come from Aerys/Rhaella line and Daenerys comes from that line   and she is the Dragon who was born to Aerys and Rhaella targaryen

so now that we have seen that Azor ahai and TPTWP are same lets get into the prophecy  and how daenerys fulfills them

Born amidst salt and smoke :

daenerys was born in Dragonstone a place which is amidst Salt and smoke

“He is not dead. Stannis is the Lord’s chosen, destined to lead the fight against the dark. I have seen it in the flames, read of it in ancient prophecy. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. Dragon-stone is the place of smoke and salt.” Jon had heard all this before. “Stannis Baratheon was the Lord of Drag-onstone, but he was not born there. He was born at Storm’s End, like his brothers.”

so as you can see that Mel is wrong with her assumption and jon points it out ...and i like how GRRM making jon (the one whose help jon will be needing  in the war of dawn and on whose help dany will be needing ) as the one to point this out

but unlike jon snow we do know something like  a character who was born at the dragonstone amidst salt and smoke and she was born in  one of the deadliest storms ever seen and her birth is so special and notable event that she got a nickname out of it STORMBORN

Draws the lightbringer when the red star bleeds:

the prophecy talks about that he/she will draw the lightbringer from fire under the bleeding star or red star

Dany brings dragons to the world from fire under the bleeding star aka Red Comet

we do know when dany goes into fire and brings the dragons back to the world there is a red star above her and its also named as bleeding star ,bloody coincidence dont you think.

The Dothraki named the comet shierak qiya, the Bleeding Star. The old men muttered that it omened ill, but Daenerys Targaryen had seen it first on the night she had burned Khal Drogo, the night her dragons had awakened.it is the herald of my coming,

and we know that comet such as this was never seen in westeros and a maester associating it with the prophecy

The maester did not believe in omens. And yet . . . old as he was, Cressen had never seen a comet half so bright, nor yet that color, that terrible color, the color of blood and flame and sunsets. He wondered if his gargoyles had ever seen its like. They had been here so much longer than he had, and would still be here long after he was gone. If stone tongues could speak . . . Such folly. He leaned against the battlement, the sea crashing beneath him, the black stone rough beneath his fingers. Talking gargoyles and prophecies in the sky. I am an old done man, grown giddy as a child again. Had a lifetime’s hard-won wisdom fled him along

given the age of Maester Cressen its clear there was not anythink like this comet has ever been on the sky for nearly 50 to 70 years so which makes this is the one time event and look how cressen thinks about prophecy straight away when he sees the comet

now there will be an arguement put forth that the comet was seen first in Bran POV in AGOT so it did not come because of dany but we do know that the  chapters are not chronological in order ...we get Bran as our first POV too but dany's marriage happens even before  JOn arryn is dead ...so timeline wise the comet appears first during the pyre  

and there will be another arguemnt about the how everyone interpretted the comet  for their own sake  ...yes there are many people take it as a sign for their work it is what we will get when we have multiple POV's around seven kingdoms ..it will be similar to how people have superstitions when they watch games right ..like people believing if they didnt watch the game his team will win or if he watched the full game standing the team will win..ofcourse none of that matters who wins or lose the game is totally on the two sides that are palying ..

what many dont get or miss is only two people base  their actions with regards to the comet .they are

1.Mel who makes stannis burn the seven and draw the fake lightbringer from the fire ..so that it happens under the bleeding star or comet  she can make stannis fit into her theory

2.dany saying "We follow the comet "

dany who chooses to follow comet which will eventually take her to the house of the undying where she will get to know more knowledge about her destiny which she will later understand and will aslo meet barristan and belwas and start her journey to slavers bay so the  comet had really been a herald of her coming and showed her the way

and here also two teams played a game on comet not just having superstitions like other characters in the seven kingdoms and one of them came out winning ..and incase if you want to know the winner .. i will let you know that from the OLD Nan

Though Old Nan did not think so, and she’d lived longer than any of them. “Dragons,” she said, lifting her head and sniffing. She was near blind and could not see the comet, yet she claimed she could smell it. “It be dragons, boy,” she insisted.

and again she gets a name out of this special and unique event which author calls as an one time event Mother of Dragons

but you may ask that its dragons she brought from fire not the flaming sword a.k.a lightbringer which will lead me to my next topic that dragons are lightbringer

Dragons are lightbringers :

dragons as  lightbringers is supported by many texts from the books

"When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world."

as we know lightbringer is also called as flaming sword

and when jon reads about how azor ahai killed a beast with lightbringer

“I looked at that book Maester Aemon left me. The Jade Compendium. The pages that told of Azor Ahai. Lightbringer was his sword. Tempered with his wife's blood if  Votar can be believed. Thereafter Lightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.” Clydas blinked. “A sword that makes its own heat …” “… would be a fine thing on the Wall.”

dragons are brought to life by dany after the sacrifices of drogo and rhaego and dragons are fire made flesh so they were never cold to touch but warm as nissa nissa and as it happens dragons make their own heat

but lets focus on the fight azor ahai had with the monster which we do have the same word by word description of another event that happens in ASOS with dany

“There is a reason. A dragon is no slave.” And Dany swept the lash down as hard as she could across the slaver’s face. Kraznys screamed and staggered back, the blood running red down his cheeks into his perfumed beard. The harpy’s fingers had torn his features half to pieces with one slash, but she did not pause to contemplate the ruin. “Drogon,” she sang out loudly, sweetly, all her fear forgotten. “Dracarys.” The black dragon spread his wings and roared. A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks, and the oil in his hair and beard burst so fiercely into fire that for an instant the slaver wore a burning crown twice as tall as his head."

we also have Patchface singing about the lightbringers and it so happens when stannis pulls the fake lightbringer from the fire

“Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black,” Patchface sang somewhere. “I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.” The king plunged into the fire with his teeth clenched, holding the leather cloak before him to keep off the flames. He went straight to the Mother, grasped the sword with his gloved hand, and wrenched it free of the burning wood with a single hard jerk. Then he was retreating, the sword held high, jade-green flames swirling around cherry-red steel. Guards rushed to beat out the cinders that clung to the king’s clothing. “A sword of fire!” shouted Queen Selyse. Ser Axell Florent and the other queen’s men took up the cry. “A sword of fire! It burns! It burns! A sword of fire!” Melisandre lifted her hands above her head. “Behold! A sign was promised, and now a sign is seen! Behold Lightbringer! Azor Ahai has come again! All hail the Warrior of Light! All hail the Son of Fire!”

the flames that patchface sings happens to be the color of the  flames that dany's dragons breathe

A true sword of fire, now, that would be a wonder to behold. Yet at such a cost . . . When he thought of Nissa Nissa, it was his own Marya he pictured, a good-natured plump woman with sagging breasts and a kindly smile, the best woman in the world. He tried to picture himself driving a sword through her, and shuddered. I am not made of the stuff of heroes, he decided. If that was the price of a magic sword, it was more than he cared to pay.

dragons were wonder to behold but came at such cost and sacrifices ..the one who has paid and sacrificed to bring them to the world was Daenerys

i think these are enough for now to show that dragons are lightbringers

and she as the one who entered fire and brought the dragons aka flaming sword gets another special name  about this event Unburnt

Notice how dany gets a name when she fulfills a part of the prophecy

born amidst salt and smoke -Stormborn 

under the bleeding star pull lightbringer  from the fire and wakes dragon from stone - Mother of Dragons

wielder of flaming swords(dragons)-Unburnt

the hatching of dragons under the bleeding star

“In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.”

And as it happens Dany is bringing the dragons from the fire when the Long Summer ends and under the bleeding star

there you have it dany fullfiling what we know of the prophecies ...but wait a second what happened to the dragon that woke from stone and two kings that needed to wake the stone dragon and three headed dragon ..i will discuss about them in my following post

Dragon woke from stone :

we learn that two kings must be sacrificed in order to wake a dragon from stone ...but where is the stone dragon or what is the stone dragon ???

everyone assumes that its daenerys's dragons that came from eggs and brush it away saying that it is too literal and obvious...but people miss or simply ignore the whole chapter that dedicated to dany waking as a dragon ...

Dany reborn as a DRAGON out of stone and then waking Dragons from the eggs turned into stones

in AGOT we have dany having dreams after her loss of Rhaego

the chapter and dream starts with "you dont want to wake the dragons do you" and dany walking down on a stone arches ...throughout the dream we have the line "dont want to wake the dragon "., "want to wake the dragon" ., and "wake the dragon" said over again and again and we also have that dany seeing that Rhaegar is "Last dragon " and how he is fading...

and while all this happens daenerys is trapped in the stone arch and whrerever she turn she only find the stone and her ancestors  those who rode the dragons of past guiding her to reach the red door the only way out of the stone arch ...

once she opens the door and then she flies as a dragon reborn and she sees herself when she opens the black visor of Rhaegar and thus becoming the "LAST DRAGON"

is it a coincidence that dany is trapped in a stone arch and her ancestors guiding her to get herself out of the stone all the while there being constant saying of "want to wake the dragon"..i dont think so but what about the two kings that needed for the waking of dragon from stone ...

if you follow that dream we have two kings that is dead  and GRRM uses flames and burning to describe both their death while there was muttering of "dont want to wake the dragon"..and those two kings are none other than Viserys and Rhaego

Wings shadowed her fever dreams.

“You don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?”

She was walking down a long hall beneath high stone arches. She could not look behind her, must not look behind her. There was a door ahead of her, tiny with distance, but even from afar, she saw that it was painted red. She walked faster, and her bare feet left bloody footprints on the stone.

“You don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?” She saw sunlight on the Dothraki sea, the living plain, rich with the smells of earth and death. Wind stirred the grasses, and they rippled like water. Drogo held her in strong arms, and his hand stroked her sex and opened her and woke that sweet wetness that was his alone, and the stars smiled down on them, stars in a daylight sky. “Home,” she whispered as he entered her and filled her with his seed, but suddenly the stars were gone, and across the blue sky swept the great wings, and the world took flame.

“…don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?” Ser Jorah’s face was drawn and sorrowful. “Rhaegar was the last dragon,” he told her. He warmed translucent hands over a glowing brazier where stone eggs smouldered red as coals. One moment he was there and the next he was fading, his flesh colorless, less substantial than the wind. “The last dragon,” he whispered, thin as a wisp, and was gone. She felt the dark behind her, and the red door seemed farther away than ever.

“… don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?” Viserys stood before her, screaming. “The dragon does not beg, slut. You do not command the dragon. I am the dragon, and I will be crowned.” The molten gold trickled down his face like wax, burning deep channels in his flesh. “I am the dragon and I will be crowned!” he shrieked, and his fingers snapped like snakes, biting at her nipples, pinching, twisting, even as his eyes burst and ran like jelly down seared and blackened cheeks.

“… don’t want to wake the dragon …” The red door was so far ahead of her, and she could feel the icy breath behind, sweeping up on her. If it caught her she would die a death that was more than death, howling forever alone in the darkness. She began to run.

“… don’t want to wake the dragon …” She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogo’s copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin.

“… want to wake the dragon …” Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire. They had hair of silver and hair of gold and hair of platinum white, and their eyes were opal and amethyst, tourmaline and jade. “Faster,” they cried, “faster, faster.” She raced, her feet melting the stone wherever they touched. “Faster!” the ghosts cried as one, and she screamed and threw herself forward. A great knife of pain ripped down her back, and she felt her skin tear open and smelled the stench of burning blood and saw the shadow of wings. And Daenerys Targaryen flew.

“… wake the dragon …” The door loomed before her, the red door, so close, so close, the hall was a blur around her, the cold receding behind. And now the stone was gone and she flew across the Dothraki sea, high and higher, the green rippling beneath, and all that lived and breathed fled in terror from the shadow of her wings. She could smell home, she could see it, there, just beyond that door, green fields and great stone houses and arms to keep her warm, there. She threw open the door.

“… the dragon …” And saw her brother Rhaegar, mounted on a stallion as black as his armor. Fire glimmered red through the narrow eye slit of his helm. “The last dragon,” Ser Jorah’s voice whispered faintly. “The last, the last.” Dany lifted his polished black visor. The face within was her own.

so there we have it Daenerys being born as a dragon from the stone with the guidance of her ancestors who were dead and becoming LAST DRAGON after the sacrifices of two kings Viserys and Rhaego

we also  have how that dany is reborn as  a dragon in the dothraki sea from illyrio

“The frightened child who sheltered in my manse died on the Dothraki sea, and was reborn in blood and fire. This dragon queen who wears her name is a true Targaryen".

and from tyrion in ADWD

I know that somewhere out upon the grass her dragons hatched, and so did she.

so now we have a Last dragon that was being born from stone and hatching three dragons from stone eggs which will become a part of her ( 3 heads )

as we have seen how the TPTWP and AAR as same and how it comes from ASSHAI and his coming is promised centuries before but we also have another prophecy that may come from the same ASSHAI and talks about the Promised prince coming to unite their clan and it also comes from ancient prophecy ...yes i am speaking about TSWMTW prophecy ..people may question about this prophecy coming from ASshai but its not something unheard of that dothraki have the warnings and stories from Asshai

Down in the Shadow Lands beyond Asshai, they say there are oceans of ghost grass, taller than a man on horseback with stalks as pale as milkglass. It murders all other grass and glows in the dark with the spirits of the damned. The Dothraki claim that someday ghost grass will cover the entire world, and then all life will end.” That thought gave Dany the shivers. “I don’t want to talk about that now,” she said. “It’s so beautiful here, I don’t want to think about everything dying.”

the ghost grass that will cover the world must be the winter falling all over the westeros and essos and speaks of long night ...so we do have a conncetion to dothraki and the tale of long night ...but what more interesting is they also have a version of the pomised prince

“The stallion is the khal of khals promised in ancient prophecy, child. He will unite the Dothraki into a single khalasar and ride to the ends of the earth, or so it was promised. All the people of the world will be his herd.”.

“As swift as the wind he rides, and behind him his khalasar covers the earth, men without number, with arakhs shining in their hands like blades of razor grass. Fierce as a storm this prince will be. His enemies will tremble before him, and their wives will weep tears of blood and rend their flesh in grief. The bells in his hair will sing his coming, and the milk men in the stone tents will fear his name.” The old woman trembled and looked at Dany almost as if she were afraid. “The prince is riding, and he shall be the stallion who mounts the world.”

whats interesting to note that is how it talks about the promised prince from an ancient prophecy

iam sure i dont need to  break down this prophecy and see how it shows that dany is foreshadowed to be TSWMTW because dany is the one that is going to unite the dothraki which gives us the answer to who is the Khal of khals or Khalessi of Khals

so there we have it three prophecies speaks about a promised prince from an ancient prophecy and talks about the war of long night and Daenerys fulfilling all three prophecies ...

so we can take these three prophecies as the  same version of a single prophecy and how a Dragon comes to Fulfill these three versions

its not that all three prophecies talk about a promised prince or dany fulfilling them ...but there are some striking similarities with the three prophecies when dany fulfills it

lets see some of those similarities one by one

Gender reversal :

they never looked for a girl

as we know the valyrian version of prophecy speaks about the prince and daenerys as princess reverses the gender .

and according to legend of AA .,AA sacrificed his wife Nissa Nissa to forge the lightbringer but here daenerys reverses the role by sacrificing her sun and stars to bring the dragons ...it just so happens that drogo calls dany Moon of his life and dany calling drogo Sun and stars

and TSWMTW is also called as Khal of Khals so when everyone is expecting a Khal to unite them its going to be Khaleesi who is going to do it

Daughter of Death :

we learn Daughter of death prophecy in the house of Undying :

Then phantoms shivered through the murk, images in indigo. Viserys screamed as the molten gold ran down his cheeks and filled his mouth. A tall lord with copper skin and silver-gold hair stood beneath the banner of a fiery stallion, a burning city behind him. Rubies flew like drops of blood from the chest of a dying prince, and he sank to his knees in the water and with his last breath murmured a woman’s name. . . . mother of dragons, daughter of death . . .

there is a similarity in all these three people who are related  with dany and prophecies

Rhaegar as we know was considered the Last dragon and he himself thought that he was the prince that was promised

Rhaego named after Rhaegar was thought to be The Stallion who mounts the World

Viserys is not related to any prophecy but there is something interseting about the way he dies and how Mel may have seen his death and she and stannis  assumed that it was stannis who they saw

“I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning . . . burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?” The king moved, so his shadow fell upon King’s Landing.

is it a coincindence that Stannis who is a Fake AA happened to see the death which is so similar to the death of viserys ...i dont think so and there fore i think mel again misinterpreted a vision about viserys ..

these  three people deaths have shaped her life and had most significant impact over how her life was shaped

and Daenerys as a single person comes to fulfill all three prophecies and what these three people where supposed to do she combines and do it as a single person ..

and hence she is named Daughter of Death and we do know how the death of this three people has shaped her life

and what more she gets to bring three dragons from life which happens to be named after these three people and how dany wishes that these dragons will do what their namesake failed to do so

Slayer of lies :

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow.

as we know that stannis a blue eyed king have a red sword and has no more shadow left in him ..now we will see how he acts as a lie and fake to cover the truth and real promised one that is  daenerys throughout the story .

like we discussed earlier Mel mentions that she believes it is Stannis as the promised one because he is the lord of dragonstone but we know that this is another one where Mel gets it wrong ...AS we know that dany was the one who was born at dragonstone

and who gets to hold the dragonstone when dany leaves the place ...it is  stannis ..

and when the red comet appears who makes the attempt to draw a fake lightbringer from fire under the comet so he is being proclaimed as AAR...it is stannis ...

see how stannis unknowingly shelters the real one by being a fake ...

another similarity is how dany gets a nickname and titles  whenever she fulfills the part of prophecy ..

when she was born amidst salt and smoke - STORMBORN

when she was drawing the lightbringer from the fire - UNBURNT

as a wielder of lightbringer and three headed dragon - MOTHER of DRagons

as Khal of Khals uniting the dothraki - KHaleesi of GREAT GRASS SEA

the three headed dragon

a person being incarcination of three is not unheared of in both in our universe and in universe where they worship a god with three heads ...

we have a god Named TRIOS from the tyrosh where he has three heads each one represents consuming preserving and devouring .

i like to take specifically a god named TRIMURTY from hindu Mythology and show how daenerys fits the three headed dragon part ...

Trimurty is god with three head where the three heads represent CReator ., Preserver and Destroyer

daenerys simillar to Trimurty serves the three aspects he excels at with three heads ...

creator - Mother and mhysa to her dragons and peoples

preserver - As a queen takes care of her people  and serves them

destroyer - as a khaleesi destroys her enemies

No one in the story is associated more  with the number 3 and triplets than daenerys :

child of three ., three dragons eggs she gets and hatches all three of them ..three mounts she will ride ..,three betrayels she will know ., three fires she must light.,three ships she gets from ilyrio .,conquers three  cities in the slavers bay ., three lies she must slay .,

A Drink from the cup of fire  .. A Drink from the cup of ice

From the world of ice and fire :

we have various mentions of Long night and war of dawn in TWOIAF..there are couple of quotes i find interesting

This legend has spread west from Asshai, and the followers of R’hllor claim that this hero was named Azor Ahai, and prophesy his return. In the Jade Compendium, Colloquo Votar recounts a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states that the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey’s tail.

A woman with a monkey tail or it was a lady  on her  dragon

How long the darkness endured no man can say, but all agree that it was only when a great warrior—known variously as Hyrkoon the Hero, Azor Ahai, Yin Tar, Neferion, and Eldric Shadowchaser—aroseto give courage to the race of men and lead the virtuous into battle with his blazing sword Lightbringer that the darkness was put to rout, and light and love returned once more to the world.

this quote gives us the idea that the one who fought  had been given various names in both Essos and Westeros ..see the main thing about this  is he has been given many names and stories based on the lands and cultures the names differ   but similarly  in our current story we deal with three prophecies of same version and like before we will have that one who was promised being called by many names ...

is there anyone in the story we know who will be having a major impact on both Essos and Westeros ...who will lead the people of various cultures from the Essos and westeros in the War of dawn and who will be a part of big conflicts both in Essos(Fire) and in Westeros (Ice)

yes its daenerys and she sure is being called the same names once given to the warrior at the end ADWD

Dany as three headed dragon in both books and show

both books and show is full of imageries of Dany as three headed dragon

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/6/6c/MKomarck_DaenerysTheUnburnt.jpg/350px-MKomarck_DaenerysTheUnburnt.jpg

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/0/09/John_Picacio_Daenerys_Targaryen.jpg/250px-John_Picacio_Daenerys_Targaryen.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/7837ee89851092dff50390cc755cc389/tumblr_mo66fd0cEg1qbhgiho1_500.png

http://www.donatoart.com/gallery/ASoIaF-2015Calendar-Cover-Donato.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/c95f84df974121dbf5be36e688504240/tumblr_ne59ym3OD81qc8n39o1_500.png

i know we cant use show as a fact but  in a way we did see the three headed dragon in house of undying  ...what do you guys think

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/7/7f/Daenerys_and_dragons_2x10.png/revision/latest?cb=20120604062453

thus i conclude my posts about Daenerys as a dragon with three heads

the interesting thing about this whole clues and foreshadowings is that its all over the five books and not in only in one of the books ...and cant wait to know more about these prophecies and clues and foreshadowings in The Winds of Winter

a kind request to the posters ...saying that three heads of the dragon is Dany and she is AAR/TPTWP/ TSWMTW is not going to diminsh any characters importance ..as we have seen and what i presented one can see that how the clues and foreshadowings point dany as AAR/TPWP/TSWMTW ...so please be kind and discuss the possiblities of this theory

i dont have a problem if people disagree with this theory since i too believed at first that dany on drogon and Jon on rhaegal and tyrion on viserian makes the three headed dragon but i ask people to entertain the possiblity of this theory

hence please be nice and discuss and share your opinions 

i could have missed some clues that points to dany fulfilling prophecies so if you knew something i missed kindly make a mention of it .. thank you

Melisandre was robed all in scarlet satin and blood velvet, her eyes as red as the great ruby that glistened at her throat as if it too were afire. “In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again,and the darkness shall flee before him.” She lifted her voice, so it carried out over the gathered host. “Azor Ahai, beloved of R’hllor! The Warrior of Light, the Son of Fire! Come forth, your sword awaits you! Come forth and take it into your hand!”

Stannis Baratheon strode forward like a soldier marching into battle. His squires stepped up to attend him. Davos watched as his son Devan pulled a long padded glove over the king’s right hand. The boy wore a cream-colored doublet with a fiery heart sewn on the breast. Bryen Farring was similarly garbed as he tied a stiff leather cape around His Grace’s neck. Behind, Davos heard a faint clank and clatter of bells. “Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black,” Patchface sang somewhere. “I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.”

The king plunged into the fire with his teeth clenched, holding the leather cloak before him to keep off the flames. He went straight to the Mother, grasped the sword with his gloved hand, and wrenched it free of the burning wood with a single hard jerk. Then he was retreating, the sword held high, jade-green flames swirling around cherry-red steel. Guards rushed to beat out the cinders that clung to the king’s clothing. “A sword of fire!” shouted Queen Selyse. Ser Axell Florent and the other queen’s men took up the cry. “A sword of fire! It burns! It burns! A sword of fire!” Melisandre lifted her hands above her head. “Behold! A sign was promised, and now a sign is seen! Behold Lightbringer! Azor Ahai has come again! All hail the Warrior of Light! All hail the Son of Fire!”

I have seen it in the flames. The flames do not lie, else you would not be here. It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, AzorAhai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. The bleeding star has come and gone, and Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai reborn!” Her red eyes blazed like twin fires, and seemed to stare deep into his soul. “You do not believe me. You doubt the truth of R’hllor even now . .

Melisandre said, “Azor Ahai tempered Lightbringer with the heart’s blood of his own beloved wife. If a man with a thousand cows gives one to god, that is nothing. But a man who offers the only cow he owns .

“He stands before you,” Melisandre declared, “though you do not have the eyes to see. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai comeagain, the warrior of fire. In him the prophecies are fulfilled. The red comet blazed across the sky to herald his coming, and he bears Lightbringer, the red sword of heroes.”

Clydas blinked. “A sword that makes its own heat …” “… would be a fine thing on the Wall.” Jon put aside his wine cup and drew on his black moleskin gloves. “A pity that the sword that Stannis wields is cold. I’ll be curious to see how his Lightbringer behaves in battle. Thank you for the wine. Ghost, with me.” Jon Snow raised the hood of his cloak and pulled at the door.

“He is not dead. Stannis is the Lord’s chosen, destined to lead the fight against the dark. I have seen it in the flames, read of it in ancient prophecy. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be bornagain amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. Dragon-stone is the place of smoke and salt.”

Jon had heard all this before. “Stannis Baratheon was the Lord of Drag-onstone, but he was not born there. He was born at Storm’s End, like his brothers.” He frowned. 

Just replace Stannis  in above Quotes by Mel with daenerys we have our Slayer of lie and the real one

this is an example of  how a redherring work

Here's what I believe:

1. Azor Ahai is Daenerys.
  2. The Stallion Who Would Mount the World was Rhaego, but his life was sacrificed to bring dragons into life.  Therefore, the Prince(s) are Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion. 
  3. The Prince Who Was Promised have three candidates:  Daenerys herself, Drogon, and Aegon
  4.  The dragon with three heads is House Targaryen.  Daenerys will restore her house back to power and prominence. 

Dany isn't only one living of Aerys and Rhaella's line, there is also Jon. 

I don't think Dany is AA given GRRM said "Prophecies are, you know, a double edge sword. You have to handle them very carefully; I mean, they can add depth and interest to a book, but you don’t want to be too literal or too easy." Dany being AA by hatching literal dragons from stone, and everyone from Benerro to Maester Aemon saying she is AA violates GRRM's own rule regarding prophecies. 

Also, dragons in prophecies tend to refer to Targaryens going by Dunk and Egg. Ser Patrek, who follows the Red Faith and sigil is a star, was bleeding when Jon was stabbed. Jon's body could be stored in the storerooms with the smoked and salted meats, especially given how mundane things in prophecies seem to turn out. As for the three heads, there is Trios to consider. 

Finally, there is this line from Melisandre that serves as a hint: I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor only shows me Snow. 

2 hours ago, Fire Eater said:

I don't think Dany is AA given GRRM said "Prophecies are, you know, a double edge sword. You have to handle them very carefully; I mean, they can add depth and interest to a book, but you don’t want to be too literal or too easy." Dany being AA by hatching literal dragons from stone, and everyone from Benerro to Maester Aemon saying she is AA violates the GRRM's own rule regarding prophecies. 

Also, dragons in prophecies tend to refer to Targaryens. Also, Ser Patrek, who follows the Red Faith and sigil is a star, was bleeding when Jon was stabbed. Jon's body could be stored in the storerooms with the smoked and salted meats, especially given the mundane things in prophecies seem to turn out. As for the three heads, there is Trios to consider. 

Finally, there is this line from Melisandre that serves as a hint: I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor only shows me Snow. 

If Ser Patreks bleeding becomes the red star bleeding in the prophecy then I will burn the books. Though cases could be made for Jon if the Red Star bleeding means Melisandre(if it is B+S=M). And GRRM spends a chapter to inform us Mel's interpretation are not always correct. So we should take it with a pinch of salt.

3 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

If Ser Patreks bleeding becomes the red star bleeding in the prophecy then I will burn the books. Though cases could be made for Jon if the Red Star bleeding means Melisandre(if it is B+S=M). And GRRM spends a chapter to inform us Mel's interpretation are not always correct. So we should take it with a pinch of salt.

Except it wasn't Melisandre explicitly thinking Jon is AA. She was clearly referring to Stannis when mentioning AA. If a dragon can mean a Targaryen then it wouldn't be pout of place for a red star to be a metaphor for someone going by their sigil. 

Yes how convenient blue star becomes the red star ..

Let's just hope whatever star he is ...ser patrek have enough blood in him to keep bleeding until Jon gets waking dragons and pulling a light bringer from fire ...

If only one  should read the OP ...its all based on what a dany as a dragon i.e., last pure targaryen ...so the point about waking dragons from the stone is obvious and its refers to the metaphar targ gors out of the window because dany just not wake the literal dragons out of stone but woke herself as metaphorical dragon from stone...we have references to her being born again as dragon..

I have presented what's present in the five books and not something that did not happen in the books.

On 2/5/2016 at 9:33 AM, El Guapo said:

The evidence really is overwhelming that Dany is AAR. In fact I would say if there was this much evidence pointing to any other character as AAR other than Dany there really would not be much of a discussion that is right.

Yes and Its a shame really ..

Take for example we have jon reading the tale of AA fighting a monster ....how many people actually know about it ...have we Ever seen its presented in any of the hundreds of threads of AAr..just no 

But if only it was any other character who had such simialrities with the tale read by jon ...then right now we all would have been hit over us heads with that as the undeniable proof 

Nothing realy new or interesting here. I have seen all that before, I have laughed will all of them before. The only thing that it is interesting for me is; 

On 5/2/2016 at 4:17 AM, Fire Eater said:

I don't think Dany is AA given GRRM said "Prophecies are, you know, a double edge sword. You have to handle them very carefully; I mean, they can add depth and interest to a book, but you don’t want to be too literal or too easy." Dany being AA by hatching literal dragons from stone, and everyone from Benerro to Maester Aemon saying she is AA violates the GRRM's own rule regarding prophecies. 

Also, dragons in prophecies tend to refer to Targaryens. Also, Ser Patrek, who follows the Red Faith and sigil is a star, was bleeding when Jon was stabbed. Jon's body could be stored in the storerooms with the smoked and salted meats, especially given the mundane things in prophecies seem to turn out. As for the three heads, there is Trios to consider. 

this^. I do believe that Jon Snow is the 3headed dragon.

If we take the Ghost of High Heart's prophecy that The Prince that was Promised shall be born from Aerys and Rhaella's line to be true, then we have only three living candidates (at most): Dany, Jon, and Aegon.  Only that many if you believe Aegon is really Aegon and that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.  Aegon is implied to not be TPTWP regardless of his actual identity.  So that leaves us with Jon versus Daenarys.  Dany fits the prophecy very neatly, and very literally, whereas events can be stretched to have Jon fit the prophecy symbolically.  The only thing is that Jon has not yet awoke dragons from stone, but there is still two more books to go.

Personally I think that Dany is Azor Ahai, because she does fit everything so well.  But I can see why people might prefer Jon if they don't like how obvious Dany is.

6 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Also maybe the prophecy doesn't mean a literal dragon.

Like in D&E, with Daemon II's prophecy of a dragon hatching from an egg at Whitewalls. The dragon turned out to be Egg with his maturation after his Targaryen identity was revealed. 

On 2/5/2016 at 11:03 PM, El Guapo said:

The evidence really is overwhelming that Dany is AAR. In fact I would say if there was this much evidence pointing to any other character as AAR other than Dany there really would not be much of a discussion that is right.

GRRM's own words disqualify Dany as AA, precisely because it is overwhelming with hatching literal dragons characters saying she is AA. 

On 2/5/2016 at 11:54 PM, Drogonthedread said:

Yes how convenient blue star becomes the red star ..

Let's just hope whatever star he is ...ser patrek have enough blood in him to keep bleeding until Jon gets waking dragons and pulling a light bringer from fire ...

If only one  should read the OP ...its all based on what a dany as a dragon i.e., last pure targaryen ...so the point about waking dragons from the stone is obvious and its refers to the metaphar targ gors out of the window because dany just not wake the literal dragons out of stone but woke herself as metaphorical dragon from stone...we have references to her being born again as dragon..

I have presented what's present in the five books and not something that did not happen in the books.

That is due to Ser Patrek joining the Red Fatih, and everything associated with that faith being referred to as "red" it isn't out a place for him to be a "red star."

9 minutes ago, Fire Eater said:

Like in D&E, with Daemon II's prophecy of a dragon hatching from an egg at Whitewalls. The dragon turned out to be Egg's maturation after his Targaryen identity was revealed. 

That is what I think too. I find it very funny how some people believe that Dany actual gave birth to the dragons, which means that they got out of her body, when they dismiss Jon's theory isn't literal yet.

Honestly, there is a staggering amount of evidence for Dany being everything mentioned, and I think the OP has done a fantastic job putting it all together, but as someone who tends to think that it's Jon, I think the problem with Dany as AA/TPTWP (though not necessarily TSTMTW) is that there is so much evidence. I do understand that the OP asks us not to dismiss this as a red herring, but I can't forget that this is a novel, and that red herrings are a very real thing in literature. Equally, whenever too early on in any series or book someone says x is y, and it's a central mystery of the plot, I tend not to believe it. For one thing, because 'red herrings' and for another because I simply think it's a poor authorial choice to tell your reader who it is, even if it is via a character who may or may not know, because it automatically alerts them to the possibility and makes the reveal less exciting. Admittedly, I could be entirely wrong, and it could be Dany, but I, personally, would be a bit disappointed because she is obvious and I would feel like it lessened other characters (again I'm sorry OP! lol but I can't change that feeling - try as I might)

Once again though, there definitely is a ton of evidence pointing at Dany, and I feel like it would be impossible to prove that anything that's been cited as evidence is false. There are a ton of signs that Dany seems to fit. It's just that she fits them too nicely. 

(Also: side note - Dany is not my favourite character, no doubt, but I don't passionately dislike her either. I'd likely be just as contrary to another character if the signs all pointed to them so clearly as well.)

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I'd respond to the last two posts but since it is clear that neither one of them even bothered to read the OP it would be  a waste of time. 

From someone who won't address the issue of GRRM's words mentioned that I think explains our responses well. 

52 minutes ago, Edd Tollett's One Vote said:

Honestly, there is a staggering amount of evidence for Dany being everything mentioned, and I think the OP has done a fantastic job putting it all together, but as someone who tends to think that it's Jon, I think the problem with Dany as AA/TPTWP (though not necessarily TSTMTW) is that there is so much evidence. I do understand that the OP asks us not to dismiss this as a red herring, but I can't forget that this is a novel, and that red herrings are a very real thing in literature. Equally, whenever too early on in any series or book someone says x is y, and it's a central mystery of the plot, I tend not to believe it. For one thing, because 'red herrings' and for another because I simply think it's a poor authorial choice to tell your reader who it is, even if it is via a character who may or may not know, because it automatically alerts them to the possibility and makes the reveal less exciting. Admittedly, I could be entirely wrong, and it could be Dany, but I, personally, would be a bit disappointed because she is obvious and I would feel like it lessened other characters (again I'm sorry OP! lol but I can't change that feeling - try as I might)

Once again though, there definitely is a ton of evidence pointing at Dany, and I feel like it would be impossible to prove that anything that's been cited as evidence is false. There are a ton of signs that Dany seems to fit. It's just that she fits them too nicely. 

(Also: side note - Dany is not my favourite character, no doubt, but I don't passionately dislike her either. I'd likely be just as contrary to another character if the signs all pointed to them so clearly as well.)

Very reasoned response. I think you touch on something GRRM does often: he creates expectations so he can surprise the reader. He did this with Ned's execution, Oberyn losing the trial by combat and Tyrion as the one who sent the footpad to kill Bran. It only makes sense he would do the same thing with the AA prophecy. 

16 minutes ago, Fire Eater said:

From someone who won't address the issue of GRRM's words mentioned. 

Very reasoned response. I think you touch on something GRRM does often: he creates expectations so he can surprise the reader. He did this with Ned's execution, Oberyn losing the trial by combat and Tyrion as the one who sent the footpad to kill Bran. It only makes sense he would do the same thing with the AA prophecy. 

Thank you :) And yes, I'm definitely more convinced that Dany is a red herring because it's GRRM writing. Were it a different book (Harry Potter comes to mind), I'd be more likely to take the signs surrounding Dany as definite signs of the prophecies coming true. 

Archived