MLB, Spring has sprung.

Bonesy

So I go to check Facebook, see what's going on with all those people I mostly hate, and what do I see trending? Chase Utley. Why? Apparently he performed another dangerous and illegal slide in last night's game. Wait, hold on a sec, I was watching that game and I never saw him do anything like that. There was a play at the plate, Chase got into the throwing lane, which is you know what you're supposed to do, he slid, and no contact was made other than him being tagged out. A perfectly normal play that absolutely nobody was upset about at the time, but today every sports media outlet is running with the story. It's almost as if they were waiting for him to do something dirty, and when he didn't oblige they chose a perfectly legitimate slide and called it dirty.

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

So I go to check Facebook, see what's going on with all those people I mostly hate, and what do I see trending? Chase Utley. Why? Apparently he performed another dangerous and illegal slide in last night's game. Wait, hold on a sec, I was watching that game and I never saw him do anything like that. There was a play at the plate, Chase got into the throwing lane, which is you know what you're supposed to do, he slid, and no contact was made other than him being tagged out. A perfectly normal play that absolutely nobody was upset about at the time, but today every sports media outlet is running with the story. It's almost as if they were waiting for him to do something dirty, and when he didn't oblige they chose a perfectly legitimate slide and called it dirty.

I didn't see it, but fuck that guy. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Turns out you get a rep when you break a guys leg on a dirty slide.

Which I suppose excuses the intellectual dishonesty of calling his slide last night dirty.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

The minute the play happened I was expecting immediate backlash. Not that it was deserved. 

1 hour ago, Inigima said:

Does mlb.tv offer gift subscriptions? My parents are no longer in the O's broadcast area, and my mom is a diehard.

Seems you can do so for At Bat here, but that's radio only. For premium, I suppose you could always create an account with your folks' email info and your credit card number, but then you'd be on the hook for the recurring charge. (On the other hand, annual birthday/Mother's Day/whatever appropriate occasion gift sorted for the forseeable future!)

10 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Wait, I thought that since the Cubs won last night, the baseball season was done and mlb was just giving them the championship. Was I misinformed???

No sir, you were not. These have now all been reclassified as exhibition games.

Archived