MLB, Spring has sprung.

Bonesy

7 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

You meant Curt, right?

:mellow:

You're more than welcome to stick around, so long as you don't try to come between me and MC.

It's hard to believe it took ESPN this long to fire Schilling. Why did they keep him around for so long? Virtually nobody likes him. Also, how do you guys think this will affect poor Curt's financial situation?

31 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

You're more than welcome to stick around, so long as you don't try to come between me and MC.

It's hard to believe it took ESPN this long to fire Schilling. Why did they keep him around for so long? Virtually nobody likes him. Also, how do you guys think this will affect poor Curt's financial situation?

There will be right wing welfare networks in place to pick him up and kiss his self-inflicted booboos. I think he's doing this shit to make himself another Kim Davis, a glorious right-wing martyr. Fuck his crooked, lying, bigoted ass.

5 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Maybe ESPN has just been in cahoots with Rhode Island and have secretly been garnishing his wages for them.

Also, what the fuck happened to Chris Archer? Dude has fucking fallen off a cliff in a big way. I know it's only been a few starts, but wow. Also my good friend Taijaun Walker made the Indians look like fools, today, and it was good.

So me saying the Diamondbacks weren't looking great seems to have been the kiss of death for the Giants but, still, I enjoyed my first baseball game yesterday.

The pitching seemed as advertised and I enjoyed Greinke getting a hit. Posey throwing guys out at first and third was pretty good as well, he's got a bit of a rocket arm.

I have to say AT&T Park is a very nice stadium as well, it might be the best sports stadium I've been to actually.

On the downside I was a little surprised how many people left before the end. There was only a run in it as well so it's not like the game was over.

Serious Question: After Arrieta's second no hitter tonight,  the radio guys were reading a list of guys with at least two no hitters...and Kershaw wasn't on that list? I was actually surprised by that...

47 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Serious Question: After Arrieta's second no hitter tonight,  the radio guys were reading a list of guys with at least two no hitters...and Kershaw wasn't on that list? I was actually surprised by that...

But Koufax was on it with 4. So shut up.

Ugh.

Jays Cinderella story, 1b Chris Colabello has been suspended for 80 games for PED's. 

Edit, details emerging: he was informed back in ST, apparently. Assuming appeal process has been ongoing since, explaining why he went into such a funk. Called a team meeting today to tell his teammates, adamantly stating his innocence. Released this statement:

Fwiw he's apparently one of the nicer guys around. Been around sports too much to take this statement at face value, but if he's lying he's going full tilt.

another edit: weird quirk of the rules means he's apparently ineligible for the postseason despite the fact that he can return to action with almost half the season left...anyone understand how this works?

On 4/21/2016 at 4:04 PM, ljkeane said:

So me saying the Diamondbacks weren't looking great seems to have been the kiss of death for the Giants but, still, I enjoyed my first baseball game yesterday.

The pitching seemed as advertised and I enjoyed Greinke getting a hit. Posey throwing guys out at first and third was pretty good as well, he's got a bit of a rocket arm.

I have to say AT&T Park is a very nice stadium as well, it might be the best sports stadium I've been to actually.

On the downside I was a little surprised how many people left before the end. There was only a run in it as well so it's not like the game was over.

It is a beautiful yard, isn't it? Yeah, the crowd bailing out early is something I noticed at just about every night game I attended last season. The new breed of Giant's fan is a far cry from the old Candlestick diehards. I think maybe we've had it too good for the past 5 seasons or so. 

Archived