What magic is house hightower investigating?

purple-eyes

4 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Oh, I also think he'll be Team Aegon, totally. And I also think (hope?) that some Tyrells are gonna make it. But my point is that a series of circumstances will force Leyton to pick a side. Like, it's not that he's been plotting a Targ restoration for years and now his plans are coming to fruition. No, I think he'd be more than okay with Tommen and Margaery in power, as long as he gets to read his books in peace. 

You are more likely than I am to be right. My theory relies on several assumptions. 

On 04/02/2016 at 1:14 AM, purple-eyes said:

Reyton hightower and his daughter were in the tower for like 10 years to learn magic. 

What magic they are checking? 

I guess it is not how to maintain beauty by bathing in blood. 

How to tame or kill a dragon? How to defeat iron born? 

How can we be sure Leyton Hightower is alive?

When I first read he has been in his tower for 10 years, I fought he might be actually dead. I don't know, however, would anyone earn by pretending he's not dead, since his sons are ruling anyway.

I was fact checking in AWOIAF when it struck me how much like Rome the Reach appears to be.   The center of culture and learning, faith and agriculture?  Maybe it's irrelevant, but as the center of faith, The Seven, to be specific, isn't it utterly interesting that Leyton & Melora are studying spells?  In that we've seen relatively nada from The Seven throughout the books perhaps there is more to them than seems?  If the Old Gods require blood sacrifice and the Red God requires blood sacrifice wonder what an active and participatory Seven would require? 

And really, what could Leyton and the Mad Maid have learned 10 years ago to make them turn to study spells for so long? 

Archived