Whom would you most like to smack for sheer stupidity

LadyoftheNorth72

I love Sansa,I really do.  But when she told Dontos the plan to marry her to Willas and escape to Highgarden....Smack!

Dany and Daario....how much she seems to like him fondling the naked women carved into the hilts of his swords.  Seriously,  he's like the Westerosi equivalent of a guy with a tattoo of a naked woman straddling a spanner on his arm.  Smack! (both of them).

On 2/5/2016 at 3:26 PM, Nyrhex said:

That's a joke, right? Please tell me that's a joke.

Post taking Tyrion: 

Cat hands Tyrion over to her sister, even after her uncle warned her she is not all there. She loses a hostage in the middle of a war. Forget about warning Ned, or warning her dad and brother, forget about going right for the capital to see Robert and demand from Littlefinger that he tell the king and council that he lost the attempted murder weapon to Tyrion, she goes for a fake trial and loses when freaking Lisa was being the rational actor and actually gave the guy a fair trial without having heared the single witness that Cat knows of...

(snip)

I stopped posting about Cat a couple years ago, because I would wind up with actual tension headaches as I contemplated her neverending stupidity and unwarranted opinion of herself in every possible arena. However, I had to give this post a long standing ovation for saying it all for me, plus coming up with a couple of stupidities I hadn't even considered before (such as the blown chance to return straight to KL with Tyrion or perhaps take him to Riverrun). I have bewailed her insanity in thinking that Petyr would have forgotten his utter humiliation and banishment over his previously genuine love for her, or trusting in someone she's known nothing of for 15 years while he managed to climb to the top of a snake pit. Who did she think she was dealing with, the penniless and helpless youth from her childhood? 

See, my head is starting to spin around on my neck. 

Another one I ran across today while reading: Pycelle, for putting all his eggs and his beard into one basket, then carting them around there for 20 years at least, without ever wondering (apparently) how exactly one lets go of a lion once you've grabbed its tail. 

5 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I stopped posting about Cat a couple years ago, because I would wind up with actual tension headaches as I contemplated her neverending stupidity and unwarranted opinion of herself in every possible arena. However, I had to give this post a long standing ovation for saying it all for me, plus coming up with a couple of stupidities I hadn't even considered before (such as the blown chance to return straight to KL with Tyrion or perhaps take him to Riverrun). I have bewailed her insanity in thinking that Petyr would have forgotten his utter humiliation and banishment over his previously genuine love for her, or trusting in someone she's known nothing of for 15 years while he managed to climb to the top of a snake pit. Who did she think she was dealing with, the penniless and helpless youth from her childhood? 

See, my head is starting to spin around on my neck. 

I know exactly how you feel, and down even get me started on her prejudice towards "bastards" a la, Jon Snow

6 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

Another one I ran across today while reading: Pycelle, for putting all his eggs and his beard into one basket, then carting them around there for 20 years at least, without ever wondering (apparently) how exactly one lets go of a lion once you've grabbed its tail. 

Even if Pycelle is one of the characters I like least I have to defend him here. He made his deal with Tywin and that worked out well for both. He could not have forseen that Tywin would be followed by his insane daughter. If he - a person with no power on his own - needs to team up with one of the great houses to secure his position at court the Lannisters are as good as anybody else and Tywin seems a smart choice for an ally. 

Ned for keeping Jon in Winterfell.
Lysa for betraying her family for Littlefinger.
Jaime for pushing Bran.
Cersei for ...let's start with Lady and end with Qyburn.
Ned for trusting Littlefinger and warning Cersei.
Sansa for betraying Ned to Cersei.
Renly for usurping Stannis/his family.
Tyrion for not having Littlefinger killed despite being framed by him, also for turning into a shithead.  
Oberyn for being arrogant during a fight to the death.
Dany for not training her dragons.
Robb for marrying Jeyne, also for not listening to Catelyn.  
Jon for general stupidity.
Theon for trusting Ramsay.

12 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

Pycelle teaming with Tywin was perfectly reasonable. Tywin was a great administrator, a veritable boon for the Realm, and the one force that advocated order and prosperity in the Seven Kingdoms. Tywin might be a terrible, terrible person, but he was what the realm needed.

Tywin's children are the ones who completely fucked up. Had Cersei and Jaime acted like they should have, Cersei as a loyal Queen, Jaime as a proper Kingsguard, the Realm would be better than ever. (Until the Targs land, that is)

On 2/5/2016 at 3:29 PM, Macgregor of the North said:

Ned. 

as much as I love the man he needed a good fucking slap many a time. He just wasn't smart enough for Kings landing and all its shit, he should've listened to Renly to. And that shite with killing Lady really annoyed the fuck outta me.

I dont think it was that Ned was not smart enough, he was just so naive. He assumed that every one looked at the world the way he did. He couldn't imagine people being as underhanded as they are.

10 hours ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

Even if Pycelle is one of the characters I like least I have to defend him here. He made his deal with Tywin and that worked out well for both. He could not have forseen that Tywin would be followed by his insane daughter. If he - a person with no power on his own - needs to team up with one of the great houses to secure his position at court the Lannisters are as good as anybody else and Tywin seems a smart choice for an ally. 

Tywin:  "I blame those jackanapes on the council - our friend Petyr, the venerable Grand Maester, and that cockless wonder Lord Varys... And if these councillors are playing us false... "

Tyrion:  "Spikes. Heads.  Walls."

Tywin:  "I see you have taken a few lessons from me."

Even Tywin was more than happy to heap the blame for Joff's bungling upon the heads of Pycelle and the others, in order to keep it from appearing that his own family was incapable of ruling well.  There cannot have been any real doubt in his mind - given his intelligence and political savvy - who was truly to blame for it all, but he'd have seen Pycelle in tar in a heartbeat before letting the truth be known. 

Ned - giving time to Cersei and not accepting the offer of Renly.

Robb - not-marrying with a Frey woman.

Theon - he should had listening to his older sister: burn Winterfell and return to the Iron Islands with Bran and Rickon has hostages.

Astapor Slavers - selling all their Unsullied.

Jeor Mormont - didn' t do any great effort to properly inform the Realm about the return of the Others.

Jon - with the Wall under the direct threat of the Others, ask the men guarding it to go south to a fight with the Boltons.

Vargo Hoat - he gives the order to chop of the right hand of Jaime, not knowing the other meaning of the "a Lannister always pays his debts".

4 hours ago, Lointain said:

Jon - with the Wall under the direct threat of the Others, ask the men guarding it to go south to a fight with the Boltons.

How many times have we heard that he knows nothing.  Yeah, Jon needs a sharp slap upside the head.

Theons taking of Winterfell is unchallenged for me. He got more than a smack for it, though.

The whole Stark bunch, honestly, for multiple reasons. Sansa gets a pass from me for being a lovedrunk teenager with the widest arc in the story, but Ned was a grown man, he should´ve known better. Robb has not made one good decision as far as I´m concerned, I have no idea why he´s so revered by most of the fanbase. Jon is fine for the most part, but his last stupid move was also the most blatant one.

Cersei reeks of incompetence whatever she is doing, the fact that she is going up against people like Jon Arryn and Ned Stark, thus getting away with her stupidity, makes it even more frustrating.

And finally Dany for thinking one sacked city will actually destroy a worldwide net of slavetrade and not trigger any opposition.

Archived