Coldhands

9 minutes ago, Lord Ravenstark said:

… the sad part is the mobile app doesn't even allow you to report it.

Why do you want to report the first new question about coldhands in over a decade.  I mean, "Who is he?" seems to get asked every few weeks with the same answer over and over again. At least this question seems to be new and original, like the OP may have even used the search function to see if someone has asked it before, unlike every other time we get another "Coldhands?" thread.  Give credit where credit is due 

4 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

Lies

But the skin around those testicles does, so they would be black as well 

But wights entire bodies/ entire skin don't turn black, only the extremities, hands and feet.  So while I think an organ made entirely of blood which is hanging down so the blood can't be pumped out but can fall in, would turn black, I think the sack would turn pale.

Just now, aryagonnakill#2 said:

But wights entire bodies/ entire skin don't turn black, only the extremities, hands and feet.  So while I think an organ made entirely of blood which is hanging down so the blood can't be pumped out but can fall in, would turn black, I think the sack would turn pale.

We don't see their skin other than their extremities. Plus, gravity would cause it to pool in the sack 

5 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Well penises contain blood, testicles do not.

I'm not an expert, but I think it's the other way around. Blood is constantly flowing in and out of the testicles through the noticeable veins there, since blood is needed for temperature regulation (if it gets too cold, the sperm production stops, which is why testicles contract against the body in low temperatures and drop when it's too hot). In fact, with conditions such as testes torsion or varicoceles, it's entirely possible for a vein to rupture and prevent blood from flowing into or out of the testicles, thus turning them black like Coldhands'. 

The penis, however, mostly gets a blood flow during an erection. The veins harden to prevent the blood from leaving the penis. But as it's unlikely that Coldhands died with an erection, then I'd say his testicles have a greater possibility of becoming black with congealed blood than his penis. 

However, when limbs don't receive enough blood and circulation stops then tend to get blue or even black in extreme cases, which adds to the confusion. 

Also, I just hit a new personal low. 

Archived