What quotes from the book do you think the show delivered on the best?

lightbringer2525

My favorite is a line that they slightly rewrote from ASOS ''I'm yours and you are mine'' It sounds better in my opinion.

Original ''When they finally broke apart, Ygritte was flushed. “You’re mine,” she whispered. “Mine, as I’m yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we’ll live.” 

Is it sad that I really can't think of anything?  No "The North Remembers."  No "Last Winter."  No Water Gardens Speech.  No Barristan Battle speech.  No "Renly's Peach."  No "Broken Man."  No pink letter, or Jon's response.  

The only thing that remotely comes close is Oberyn telling Tyrion he will be his Champion.

15 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

Is it sad that I really can't think of anything?  No "The North Remembers."  No "Last Winter."  No Water Gardens Speech.  No Barristan Battle speech.  No "Renly's Peach."  No "Broken Man."  No pink letter, or Jon's response.  

The only thing that remotely comes close is Oberyn telling Tyrion he will be his Champion.

Gosh, there really have been a lot that they've left out. I honestly was so surprised that they kept as much of Oberyn's speech you're talking about. It makes me wonder why they are so accurate sometimes, and then just blatantly leave stuff out other times. I'm hoping that they'll incorporate the pink letter next season if Jon is indeed brought back to life or whatever happens. They had Ramsay talk about Jon last season, so I thought they were setting that up for the letter to happen later. One can only hope. I desperately need some of the Frey bashing quotes to happen next season. I hope they can incorporate Manderly's speech somehow, although I don't think he's going to be on the show.

Ya'll have mentioned most of my picks. KitN, one of my favourites. 

Did anyone mention Aemon's speech to Jon in S1? 'But it is not easy!'. Shivers each time I watch. 

Dany's Valyrian speech at Astapor. Electric.

Jaime's chat with Cat in S1 and 2: a mix of 1 chat from books, but very well done

Not from book:

Cersei's story to Tommen in BW

Drogo's speech after the failed assassination attempt on Dany

Or maybe he'll give me yours- Sansa to Joffry sadly she didn't get his head, but she saw him die.

Great Jon- your meat is plenty tough and King in the North speech.

Jorah - Rhegar speech, and home

Lyanna Mormont's letter to Stannis- Bear Island knows no King, but the King in the North who's name is STARK!

Yiegrit- You know nothing Jon Snow

Quote I hated in the show, but loved in the book: from the mouth of LF- your Sansa Stark last surviving daughter of Lord Eddard  Stark and Lady Catlyn .

From the thoughts of Sansa Stark- but your not my father, I'm Sansa Stark daughter of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catlyn; the blood of Winterfell.

Hoping for some version of the mummers farce and Wolves of Winterfell speech by the Manderlies.

All the things Bronn says around Tyrion and Jamie

"This is Bronn, son of ....?"
"you wouldn't know him"

There's no cure for being a cunt.

Bronn: "Fuck you, dwarf."
Tyrion: "That's Shae's task."

Tyrion: Just because I pay you for your services, doesn't diminish our friendship.
Bronn: Enhances it, really.

On 2/7/2016 at 8:32 PM, Lord Greenhood said:

Best added line ''I don't need an army, I need 20 good men'' - Ramsay Snow

Nope, the whole: "Chaos is a ladder..." speech fantastic writing, brilliant delivery, great sequence of images...

I don't remember if any of these are from the books but I love them in the show.

Everything Tywin said. Charles Dance was magnificent as Tywin and I appreciate him with every new weak episode of the show we get.

and gotta admit I loved the Robb line "20,000 Northerners marching south to see if Tywin really shits gold"

Since they don't do narration in the show made sense to get Tywin shits gold line in there somewhere.

and of course you cannot go wrong with "Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch." <- this line actually works because it is a joke by the character-

"I don't need an army, I need 20 good men" <--- doesn't work because he is being serious.

Archived