The Queen's Revenge

dsug

After arresting Queen Cersei, hacking off her hair, and parading her naked through the streets like a whore, the High Septon better sleep with one eye open. Or should he?

Most of the fandoms seems to agree that Cersei getting bloody vengeance on the Faith is an inevitability. How will she do it? Will she do it at all? Be specific, I love speculation lol. 

41 minutes ago, dsug said:

After arresting Queen Cersei, hacking off her hair, and parading her naked through the streets like a whore, the High Septon better sleep with one eye open. Or should he?

Most of the fandoms seems to agree that Cersei getting bloody vengeance on the Faith is an inevitability. How will she do it? Will she do it at all? Be specific, I love speculation lol. 

Not sure, but it looks like she would win the trial and rise back to power, at least for a while.

Maybe she will play as Maegor, have battle with the faith openly?

I am more interested in who will be the champion of faith, maybe it will be indeed Sandor?

The old Cersei would burn the Septon to the ground and strangle the High Septon with his own scrotum. 

But I think now she's learned if not subtlety at least patience. I think she's gonna let the HS dig his own grave (after she herself is pronounced innocent, of course). When he declares Margaery guilty and asks for her head, he's gonna feel the full weight of Mace. And that's a lot of weight, so he'll be fucked and he'll know it, so he'll go to Cersei like the begging brother he was, like "Your Grace, help! Those Tyrell traitors are threatening the Faith! Send the Kingsguard, the City Watch, help us!"

And she'll be like, "Eh, no. Fuck you, shitbird. I let you arm yourself with some sticks, so go use them to get out of the mess your sorry ass made"

And she's gonna grab Tommen and use Robert Strong to carve her a bloody bath out of the city and walk away as an action movie star as her two greatest enemies, the Tyrells and the Faith, fight each other out till the gutters run red. 

And she'll keep her word and rule the realm from Casterly Rock and have her glorious last stand there. 

1 hour ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

The old Cersei would burn the Septon to the ground and strangle the High Septon with his own scrotum. 

But I think now she's learned if not subtlety at least patience. I think she's gonna let the HS dig his own grave (after she herself is pronounced innocent, of course). When he declares Margaery guilty and asks for her head, he's gonna feel the full weight of Mace. And that's a lot of weight, so he'll be fucked and he'll know it, so he'll go to Cersei like the begging brother he was, like "Your Grace, help! Those Tyrell traitors are threatening the Faith! Send the Kingsguard, the City Watch, help us!"

And she'll be like, "Eh, no. Fuck you, shitbird. I let you arm yourself with some sticks, so go use them to get out of the mess your sorry ass made"

And she's gonna grab Tommen and use Robert Strong to carve her a bloody bath out of the city and walk away as an action movie star as her two greatest enemies, the Tyrells and the Faith, fight each other out till the gutters run red. 

And she'll keep her word and rule the realm from Casterly Rock and have her glorious last stand there. 

I hope Cersei has learned something--anything--from her humbling experiences with The Faith.  Her asking for Taena to be returned to her service right before Kevan was you know leads me to believe she hasn't changed much and still has bats flying between her ears.  I fear her madness may have even accelerated.  She's so unpopular with the nobles and smallfolk alike.   I don't think she will have an easy time reinserting herself as top dog in the aftermath of Vary's murder party.   But really, who else have they got to run things?   She is Queen Regent.  Oh boy, here we go again.

1 hour ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I definitely feel like that's the smartest idea, it's not the most Cersei idea. She's a lot more vindictive than that, in my opinion. I think the Tyrells and the Faith will come to blows, at Cersei's instigation if anything. If anything, the Walk made her more scheming, more venomous, and more hateful than ever. 

Heres a thought. She wins her Trial by combat. Margaery somehow gets out of the execution as well, and doesn't have to Walk either. Cersei demolishes the Sept, dragging the High Sparrow through the streets until she forces him to watch as the Sept goes up in flames, before Ser Robert beheads him. With that thorn out of her side, she then sets her sights to ridding herself of Margaery and the Tyrells once and for all. 

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

I hope Cersei has learned something--anything--from her humbling experiences with The Faith.  Her asking for Taena to be returned to her service right before Kevan was you know leads me to believe she hasn't changed much and still has bats flying between her ears.  I fear her madness may have even accelerated.  She's so unpopular with the nobles and smallfolk alike.   I don't think she will have an easy time reinserting herself as top dog in the aftermath of Vary's murder party.   But really, who else have they got to run things?   She is Queen Regent.  Oh boy, here we go again.

I actually took that as a hint that she's getting slightly more clever. Taena knows way too much, so Cersei needs to get her out of Longtable and back to KL so she could stage some convenient but entirely accidental death for her. And the way she asked for Taena was relatively subtle (for Cersei), pretending that all she wanted was her BFF/Booty call back.

1 hour ago, dsug said:

I definitely feel like that's the smartest idea, it's not the most Cersei idea. She's a lot more vindictive than that, in my opinion. I think the Tyrells and the Faith will come to blows, at Cersei's instigation if anything. If anything, the Walk made her more scheming, more venomous, and more hateful than ever. 

Heres a thought. She wins her Trial by combat. Margaery somehow gets out of the execution as well, and doesn't have to Walk either. Cersei demolishes the Sept, dragging the High Sparrow through the streets until she forces him to watch as the Sept goes up in flames, before Ser Robert beheads him. With that thorn out of her side, she then sets her sights to ridding herself of Margaery and the Tyrells once and for all. 

I don't know, that feels too neat or direct, almost like a wish fulfillment fantasy for Cersei. But not gonna lie, that's just what the High Sparrow deserves. 

I am not sure she suspects Taena, IMO it is more that she wants loyal people around her. The one she wanted for hostage was  Kevan's wife.

I expect that Cersei will start murder people rather than rely on political games as before, a lot of dark alleys with Bob Strong at one end...

I think Cersei is completely out of her depth here and any scheme she comes up with will be readily transparent to all the supposed "victims" from the very get-go. The "victims" in turn will play along, but find a way to turn her schemes right back on her, quite possibly costing Tommen his life. It's also worth noting that Varys is scheming against her from the shadows. Who would you put money on winning a battle of wits, Varys or Cersei?

Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but I agree with Kevan when he basically called Cersei an arrogant idiot, and I don't think anything has changed. One thing I've found ironic is how Cersei early on dictated to Ned how to play the Game Of Thrones, when in fact Cersei may be the stupidest player in the whole game. (Although, fair play, she's still alive... For now.)

if the show is any indication of what will happen with the Faith, which it may NOT be, Margaery will at least appear to actually become devoted to the High Sparrow. Like, Stockholm Syndrome. She's super devout now.

Whether or not that's anything relative to the books is unknown, but it's an interesting thing to think about. 

But anyways, no matter what happens between Mace and the High Sparrow, I'm sure that Cersei will have the last laugh. 

I thought she asked for taena because she figured oiut she had been spying on her. She didnt just ask for taena afterall, she also asked for her son to be tommens friend. That seemed... Like bad news for house Merryweather.

I don't think she does suspect Taena. I think it's a combination of believing that Taena is her only friend, that Taena can be manipulated through sex, and a considerable degree of lust for Taena, that makes her want Taena to return.

Whether Taena will want to return is another matter.

I agree that Cersei will try to exert bloody vengeance on the Faith and the High Septon. Whether she will succeed is another matter entirely.

Anyhow, these next few chapters of KL's storyline will be awesome to read. Cersei, Tyrells and Faith engaged in battle royale of intrigue and swords; all while Stannis conquers the North and FAegon subjugates the South.:fencing:

1 hour ago, dsug said:

Hidden Content

Whether or not that's anything relative to the books is unknown, but it's an interesting thing to think about. 

But anyways, no matter what happens between Mace and the High Sparrow, I'm sure that Cersei will have the last laugh. 

Margarey and Lancel can make a cute and pious couple. 

Both did not consummate marriage yet, so no problem with remarry. 

Leaving a wounded lioness alive is always a mistake.

I wonder if the High Sparrow realises how dangerous she is.

10 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

I thought she asked for taena because she figured oiut she had been spying on her. She didnt just ask for taena afterall, she also asked for her son to be tommens friend. That seemed... Like bad news for house Merryweather. 

+1

As to the HS I don't think he'll matter at all once Aegon besieges KL and Cersei burns it to the ground.

Which is what I expect to be the queens revenge: filling KL with as many enemies as possible before setting it alight. My personal hunch is that Tommen will refuse to leave Margery behind and die with her. Thus making Cersei murder not only her enemies but her last son as well, and this in turn pisses Jaime off to the point of him strangling her and then committing suicide. 

The Faith has been a pain in the butt to the Targs since they landed.   It really would be interesting to see if the High Sparrow is fool enough to think he can sway someone claiming to be a Targ?   He is a militant (HS) and totes the hard line--I'm thinking the Faith is either an extension of the feelings of the small folk or the power of The Seven finally showing up in the story.   Really, what have they done to this point other than inspire faith?   In that the Old Gods and the Red God are magic in nature perhaps politics is what The Seven really are, a religious manifestation of Andal political ideology? 

How much power will Cersei actually have?   I suppose there will be chaos and she may find opportunity in that, but I have to believe Varys has taken The Faith into consideration in his paving plans for Aegon's way.  Simply by virtue of his long experience with these crazy royals, he's got to know that Cersei is insane and The Faith will be opposed to Targ rule?  I don't know, it just seems to me that Cersei, the Tyrells and The Faith need to be gone in order for Aegon to ascend in the seat of power of Westeros.    

I agree with Good Guy Garlan that Cersei has learned to be more subtle, and hide her feelings better. I don't think she will try to have the HS assassinated. 

I think the HS will dig his own grave when he supports Aegon against Dany in the second Dance. I think Cersei would be more inclined to name her own puppet HS like Luceon Frey of the Most Devout. 

3 hours ago, Fire Eater said:

I agree with Good Guy Garlan that Cersei has learned to be more subtle, and hide her feelings better. I don't think she will try to have the HS assassinated. 

I think the HS will dig his own grave when he supports Aegon against Dany in the second Dance. I think Cersei would be more inclined to name her own puppet HS like Luceon Frey of the Most Devout. 

This, Maegor did th same.

Archived