Ned's prediction about Arya

purple-eyes

4 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I don't believe what you seem to believe bi=ut that makes me think about two things. Firstly  Arya told him "No that's Sansa." so she seems that she denies her *destiny* and secondly if we believe that this might come true we can say the same about what he told about Bran "or enter your mother's Faith and become the High Septon" and somehow I don't see the new greenseer becoming the High Septon.

Here's the entire quote.

“No,” Ned said. He saw no use in lying to her. “Yet someday he may be the lord of a great holdfast and sit on the king’s council. He might raise castles like Brandon the Builder, or sail a ship across the Sunset Sea, or enter your mother’s Faith and become the High Septon.”

Bran becoming the High Septon is just one of four possibilities that Ned listed. Ned also predicted that he would become a lord and sit on a king's council. That's something a lot more achievable for Bran. Besides since when has everything gone the way Arya has planned it? If Jon becomes a king then Arya has the highest chance of marrying of him since she's the person he cares about most. That relationship would also satisfy Ned's prediction.

6 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

If Jon becomes a king then Arya has the highest chance of marrying of him since she's the person he cares about most. That relationship would also satisfy Ned's prediction.

Why people are doing this at this relationship? They are loving each other as siblings. What do you think that it would happen "Ok cool. DNA say that you are not my brother. Let's forget that are whole lives we were siblings and let's f**k!"

On February 21, 2016 at 0:45 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Why people are doing this at this relationship? They are loving each other as siblings. What do you think that it would happen "Ok cool. DNA say that you are not my brother. Let's forget that are whole lives we were siblings and let's f**k!"

There's foreshadowing for it. That's why. Especially in the first book. 

Also relationships have the ability to change and evolve. GRRM has spent years writing Jon and Arya's relationship, putting special attention on it.  I doubt the series will end with them being the exact same way they were in book one. 

Edit: Also, originally Jon and Arya were supposed to fall in love before R+L=J is discovered and it torments the both of them. So neither of them are above falling in love with their 'sibling'.

On 7 February 2016 at 11:15 PM, Joan Jett said:

"sons will be knights, princes, lords and even high Septon. But not king."

I think you're focusing too much on the fact that 'King' isn't listed among the occupations of the future sons. 'Prince' is listed and crowned princes are in line to become king. It doesn't have to say King, but you keep seeing what you want to see.

Same with the people saying the 'You will marry a King' quote actually applies to Sansa. Ned himself told Sansa that she would marry a Lord, not a King. He only said Arya would marry a King. 

"No, that's Sansa."

Just to be logical, at that point in the story Sansa was publicly betrothed to the Prince and was expected by everyone to become queen. So Arya expected Sansa to be queen and not herself. 

It's curious that this exact type of blatant foreshadowing happens to Jon Snow in the second book. Mormont's raven screams 'King' twice. Jon says its directed at Mormont. According to you guys, that means Jon won't be King but Mormont somehow will beyond all reason. Jon's just not that type of guy anyway. Except foreshadowing put in by the author doesn't work that way and I don't know why so many of you are trying to force it to. Arya becoming queen is so terribly hard for you all to imagine that you mentally block any suggestions at it and do mental gymnastics to deny textual hints. 

:agree:

On February 21, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Because that's exactly what GRRM had planned from the beginning.

On 22/2/2016 at 2:09 PM, Joan Jett said:

I am sorry but I don't see it.

On 22/2/2016 at 2:09 PM, Joan Jett said:

Edit: Also, originally Jon and Arya were supposed to fall in love before R+L=J is discovered and it torments the both of them. So neither of them are above falling in love with their 'sibling'.

On 22/2/2016 at 0:25 AM, Byrnard Sandors said:

Because that's exactly what GRRM had planned from the beginning.

He also had planned for Sansa to have a son and betray her family for him. I don't see him around tho.

On 22/2/2016 at 1:09 PM, Joan Jett said:

Also relationships have the ability to change and evolve. GRRM has spent years writing Jon and Arya's relationship, putting special attention on it.  I doubt the series will end with them being the exact same way they were in book one. 

27 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

He also had planned for Sansa to have a son and betray her family for him. I don't see him around tho.

Really ? I wasn't aware of any of this. Can you give the source (not that I doubt it) ? I imagine it's part of the original plan in which Jaime was supposed to become the King  and the main 'villain'(or something like that).

6 minutes ago, Kal-L said:

Really ? I wasn't aware of any of this. Can you give the source (not that I doubt it) ? I imagine it's part of the original plan in which Jaime was supposed to become the King  and the main 'villain'(or something like that).

Yes. I have read it here: http://watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martins-original-plan-game-thrones/

45 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You don't see it because you don't want to see it.

Jon compares Ygritte to Arya repeatedly, on their first meeting even. Then physical comparisons later on how they're both skinny. Val is also connected to Arya. In her escape attempt she tried to slit a guards throat. Arya has escaped captivity before but was actually successful in slitting a guard's throat. 

In the first book Arya chases that one-eared black cat which is referred to as "black bastard" and "real king of the castle". The is symbolic of Jon, he is the black bastard and he will be king. She catches and kisses this very same cat. 

Also "Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle"

In context, Arya said "I wish you coming with us", and she was talking about the red keep. If what Jon said comes true then Arya and Jon will both end up living in the same castle, the red keep,  at the end of the story.  As king and queen. This goes along with the "You will marry a king..." line. 

Not to mention the foreshadowing of their direwolves. Ghost is a second life "for for a king". Nymeria is named after Queen Nymeria and is leading a superpack. 

Also Jon as a kid saying "I'm Aemon the dragonknight!". Aemon was famous for loving and protecting his younger sister Naerys. Jon also has parallels with Jaime concerning their sisters. 

There's a whole lot pointing toward it. Your head is in the sand. 

6 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

You don't see it because you don't want to see it.

Jon compares Ygritte to Arya repeatedly, on their first meeting even. Then physical comparisons later on how they're both skinny.    

In the first book Arya chases that one-eared black cat which is referred to as "black bastard" and "real king of the castle". The is symbolic of Jon, he is the black bastard and he will be king. She catches and kisses this very same cat. 

Also "Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle"

In context, Arya said "I wish you coming with us", and she was talking about the red keep. If what Jon said comes true then Arya and Jon will both end up living in the same castle, the red keep,  at the end of the story.  As king and queen. This goes along with the "You will marry a king..." line. 

Not to mention the foreshadowing of their direwolves. Ghost is a second life "for for a king". Nymeria is named after Queen Nymeria and is leading a superpack. 

Also Jon as a kid saying "I'm Aemon the dragonknight!". Aemon was famous for loving and protecting his younger sister Naerys. Jon also has parallels with Jaime concerning their sisters. 

There's a whole lot pointing toward it. Your head is in the sand. 

I know all about that yet I don't see it. 

Jon's hero was Daeron I, Oberyn also loved and, wanted, to protect his sister. Why is Jon like Jaime and not Oberyn?

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I know all about that yet I don't see it. 

Jon's hero was Daeron I, Oberyn also loved and, wanted, to protect his sister. Why is Jon like Jaime and not Oberyn?

Well first and foremost he's a targaryen. That family is famous for incest. 

GRRM wrote in Ygritte having messy hair and being skinny like Arya. GRRM wrote in Ygritte saying "Would you bed your sister?"

The characters feel how the characters feel. That's just the way it is. 

14 minutes ago, Risto said:

And perhaps you see it because you want to see it? ;)

I see it because GRRM put it in the books. He hasn't denied it either. :P

Granny
Are you trying to say something to the reader by drilling into us how much Arya and Jon love each other?
George_RR_Martin
“Say something to the reader?” No, I’m just reporting how the characters feel. <g> Of course, everything in the book says something to the reader.

1 minute ago, Joan Jett said:

I see it because GRRM put it in the books. He hasn't denied it either. 

And the point of the SSM is that every line in the series have particular purpose. You are arguing that the point of certain line is one thing, some people believe it to be another. That is just people seeing different things in the same thing. Which then negates the position that people are holding their heads in sand. Lastly, GRRM didn't deny the romance, because he wasn't asked about the romance. The way I see it, he said that there is a point to the emphasis on love Arya and Jon feel for each other. 

9 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Well first and foremost he's a targaryen. That family is famous for incest. 

So it’s in his DNA? I didn’t knew that incest was a DNA thing, I always thought that it was a culture thing and Jon was raised in a not Targ non incest, heck they even see incest as an abomination, thing.

12 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

GRRM wrote in Ygritte having messy hair and being skinny like Arya. GRRM wrote in Ygritte saying "Would you bed your sister?"

Ygr also happened to be a red hair like Sansa. OMG! Targ polygamy.

13 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

The characters feel how the characters feel. That's just the way it is. 

True and so far we have seen them feel like siblings.

I think that Mladen, I know no Risto only Mladen, is right:

18 minutes ago, Risto said:

And perhaps you see it because you want to see it? ;)

Archived