NFL Post-Superbowl L : Wheeling Off Into the Sunset

Jace, Extat

What a terrible game.  

The two teams combined for seven fumbles, 4 lost (3 by Panthers); each QB had a fumble and a pick.  Both looked utterly terrible. Neither could get a passer rating over 60.  The D’s played really well, but were more than assisted by terrible play from the O’s - the aforementioned turnovers, sure, but the Panthers alone had 12 penalties for 102 yards, and something like 6 of those were pre-snap penalties; the refs missed a few others and that was the whole game

Yes, I know, Defenses play and the Denver D was the ENTIRE difference in this game, but turnovers are killers and this game had way way way too many along with general sloppy play. 

Von Miller as MVP made total sense.  

Grats to Manning on a very good career and his auto-inclusion at Canton.  No sour grapes; you went to the perfect team for you and it paid off huge.  Great job.  

Let’s now all pretend to like another sport until August.  

5 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Let’s now all pretend to like another sport until August.  

Don't be crazy.  Football is all well and good, but the greatest aspect of the Superb Owl is that it signals less than two weeks to baseball.  And that is a truly a wonderful thing.

Moving this post to the new thread-

39 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Manning riding off into the sunset with 2 rings. Storybook ending. You can't script this stuff ya'll.

Perfect ending to the season I wanted. Hang em up Peyton, go out on top! 

Now I will go to the darkside and root for Brady to do the same next year.

Cam has plenty of years left to get his still. CongratZ to Carolina, you guys have a great young nucleus and bright future.

COngrats to the Broncos.  I thought that the one way for the Broncos to win was to get ahead early, and they did.  Panthers D played well, but there were just too many miscues on offense, defense and special teams for the Panthers to come out with the W.  I'm not sure I believe that Denver was the better team overall, but they were the better team today.  Von Miller is just extraordinary, that is two straight playoff games that Denver doesn't win without him. 

Archived