NFL Post-Superbowl L : Wheeling Off Into the Sunset

Jace, Extat

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Is Denver losing a lot of their defense?  Because it seems weird that they are 14-1 when they just won the Super Bowl, and to a great extent their quarterback situation can only improve. 

Ware has a huge price and will likely be a price cut casualty.  Jackson, Talib, at least one LB.  Plus the O-line is still horrible (the single thing Manning still isn't getting credit for is making the line look survivable).  And I wouldn't be shocked if a team like the Browns don't make a serious run at Oz.

It could get ugly next year

8 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Ware has a huge price and will likely be a price cut casualty.  Jackson, Talib, at least one LB.  Plus the O-line is still horrible (the single thing Manning still isn't getting credit for is making the line look survivable).  And I wouldn't be shocked if a team like the Browns don't make a serious run at Oz.

It could get ugly next year

I don't think the Browns would do that. They're going to take Jared Goff and live and die by that decision. Spending money on Osweiler who is barely an answer is not a good use of funds.

Danny Trevathan is a free agent which is one of the guys I'd love the Bengals to go after. Jackson being the other.

In the "NFL writers are still clueless dirtbags" category:

NaVorro Bowman got one vote for comeback player of the year. Eric Berry won w/ 38, Carson Palmer 6, Adrian Peterson 4 (??), Doug Martin 1.

Eric Berry coming back from cancer... sure.  I'm kind of surprised he didn't sweep it. 

Carson Palmer, knee injury, MVP caliber year.  Absolutely.

NaVorro Bowman, knee shredded, misses a whole year, leads the league in tackles.  Deserves his vote.

Adrian Fucking Peterson.  Beats his kid.  Gets suspended by the league for a year.  Gets four votes?!!?  :bang: 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Eric Berry coming back from cancer... sure.  I'm kind of surprised he didn't sweep it. 

NaVorro Bowman, knee shredded, misses a whole year, leads the league in tackles.  Deserves his vote.

Adrian Fucking Peterson.  Beats his kid.  Gets suspended by the league for a year.  Gets four votes?!!?  :bang: 

That's fucking ridiculous.

On cam being the incredible sulk, I am OK with that. He lost the biggest game of his life, did not play well and is pissed. That fire will keep him motivated imo.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

You're underselling this. He didn't lightly spank his kid and get chewed out by a hippy commune in San Francisco.

He beat his kids so bad that police in MOTHERFUCKING TEXAS got involved.

3 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

That Patriot team was over rated...

They beat the Cowboys that year in Dallas by 21 points.

That's not always a guarantee of what's to come, but that automatically makes the Pats favorites on a neutral field.

22 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

They beat the Cowboys that year in Dallas by 21 points.

That's not always a guarantee of what's to come, but that automatically makes the Pats favorites on a neutral field.

They beat the Giants at their place too...

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

They beat the Giants at their place too...

By 3 points in an incredible shootout of a game that a lot of Giants players credited for giving them confidence going into the postseason and the superbowl.

Losing by 3 is a far cry from losing by 21.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I've really got to get off Facebook... I just saw this and thought to myself "I just found Jace's new avatar..."

12647165_1561591917498663_37388768443760

That's fucking disturbing. Remind me never to make any of my crazy bets with you.

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

That's a guy who needs help.

If 'help' comes in the form of jail time.

I still gotta laugh at Peyton Manning leaving the NFL the way he lived in the NFL: shilling Budweiser and hugging Papa John. I'd like to believe he was trolling America or making fun of himself but sadly we know it's more a case of there never not being a right time to cash a 7 figure check for the ol' sheriff. 

Woulda been nice to have one raw, unscripted, emotional moment to celebrate a legendary career and inevitable retirement. Just glad we could get that from brother Elisha instead:

mannings.0.gif

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

This is the case from last week where they have already decided not to press charges isn't it?

Yep, but now they are investigating....they have been forced by the publicity. 

Russell Wilson says goodbye to the sheriff:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25477608/russell-wilson-pens-thank-you-letter-to-peyton-manning-after-super-bowl-50

Not sure whether he used Google to write this letter or not.

Archived