Best ASOIAF YouTube videos?

Rachel of Oldstones

2 hours ago, Rachel of Oldstones said:

I subscribe to a few...

Preston Jacobs

Alt shift X

GoT Academy

It's been a while since I've looked for new ones and would appreciate suggestions. 

Thanks guys!

I'd recommend Radio Westeros and Westeros History. Both are incredibly insightful to the world of ASOIAF.

Wars on Politics of Ice & Fire podcast is pretty good, EXCEPT I find it impossible to listen to it because of Nina. Her intonation, speech pattern, pitch and sound is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.  I believe it's a generational thing.  Either young women today vocal fry my ears raw or they intently communicate with intentional force and, like Nina, squeak out intonations that make my ears bleed.  Her book section readings are agonizing, for me.  I'm sure she's a very "nice" and clearly intelligent person, and this is not really "personal" it's just I believe it's important some people realize they're are just not meant for Radio.  Some of the podcasts and vlogs are fantastic and it has a lot to do with "presentation".  Other ASOIAF women who ARE indeed engaging and have audio friendly voices are, Linda A., for example who is easy to listen to while she also has a strong opinions and a great knowledge of the material.

Vassals of Kingsgrave.  Their videos include chapter (published and WoW spoiler chapters) and  other story arch (for example, FeastDance series) analyses, popular scene re-readings (Septon Meribald "broken men" speech, Wyman Manderly "Stark men" speech, etc.), and character analyses, as well as some reviews of Martin's other works.

I probably like Preston Jacobs better than most people here. I find his analysis to be informative and insightful, and usually correct (just take a look of his videos about Pink Letter or Quarth internal politics, for example), his problem mainly lies how he directs it into wild speculation unsupported by evidence (or even common sense, on a few occasions).

But as an analyst, he can truly be great.

2 hours ago, Knight Of Winter said:

I probably like Preston Jacobs better than most people here. I find his analysis to be informative and insightful, and usually correct (just take a look of his videos about Pink Letter or Quarth internal politics, for example), his problem mainly lies how he directs it into wild speculation unsupported by evidence (or even common sense, on a few occasions).

This.

Preston does a great job with his videos, and finds really interesting bits of information from the text. But then he often takes off on a wild ride and loses me.

That said, I still always watch. Keep it up PJ. :commie:

edit: typos

On 2/9/2016 at 8:24 AM, Knight Of Winter said:

I.couldn't agree more! Thanks for all your input guys! I forgot to mention BryndenBFish's Wars and Politics .. his essays are great. He is great about providing well thought out theories and backing up all of his analysts with real evidence.

I wanna check out Vassals and Radio Westeros on my next day off. 

• 2 weeks later...
Big Fan of Preston Jacobs.  Don't know if he will be correct that ASOIAF will end up being a sci fi story but his ideas are very thought provoking and I would never have read some of the 1000 world universe stories if not for him.

What do you think about his idea for Dornish Master Plan? I say he is right to certain point because plan we are presented can be constructed in one afternoon and not 17 years.

Archived