Best ASOIAF YouTube videos?

Rachel of Oldstones

I mostly watch Preston Jacobs and CivilizationEx, Preston for the theories and CivilizationEx for the information, although I am really full of information myself xD

I tried to start a youtube channel myself, but I realized there were too many youtubers and many were better than me with edition, giving cool effects to their videos.

I used to like Comic Book Girl 19, but she rarely makes videos about ASOIAF now and when she does, it is about the show.

CivilizationEX link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CivilizationEx

I won't post Preston's because everybody knows him already lol

3 minutes ago, Therae said:

Did Oberyn show up after 2012? Because I cannot think of any other world in which he would be excluded (I mean, Tywin gets in, but not Oberyn??).

Yes, that would be the reason. Perhaps we could contact the vidder and request an updated version?

On 27/03/2017 at 9:43 PM, Prof. Cecily said:

Oh, yes.

Do you have a favourite? 

Mine is the one with Benjen.

Personally the Renly, Margaery and Sansa episodes were my favourites. The girl they got to play Sansa was marvellous! Her "YOUR GRACE!" was spot on! hahaha

These videos also remind my of a time when the Show version of Cersei was an interesting/entertaining character.

10 hours ago, Midnight Confession said:

Order of the Greenhand is okay.

They sweat the details for sure.  They do a lot of outside research.  N + A = J makes sense from the point of view that someone notable will wield Dawn and it's a cheap cop out for a nonDayne to carry their ancestral sword into battle.  I like B + L = J better but I will grant that Ned and Ashara as the snow flake's parents could get interesting. 

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Personally the Renly, Margaery and Sansa episodes were my favourites. The girl they got to play Sansa was marvellous! Her "YOUR GRACE!" was spot on! hahaha

These videos also remind my of a time when the Show version of Cersei was an interesting/entertaining character.

Yes. The one with Renly is officially titled "with Benjen".

Sansa is divine. Maraery as well.

And Melisandre?

More music videos...

This one tells the story of Rhaegar and Lyanna, with the theory that Aerys found out about her being KotLT (I think) and ordering her killed).

This is a tribute to Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. The cover of Man in the Mirror is jarring at first, but it grew on me.

And this is a fun one, clearly made by a Stannis fan.

Smokescreen is producing a series of videos analysing the foreshadowing of future events in GoT, starting with the first season.

Seeing the clear relation between events in episode 2, for example and later episodes is most instructive and enjoyable

I think it's the most original thing out there as far as ASOIAF/GoT commentaries go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1-XYtoQd0&t=4s

Preston is the only one really worth mentioning. I get that his methods annoy people, but I manage to enjoy it. A lot of them are more "damn, I wish that this was true" than "this is going to be true", which gives them an edge storytelling wise.

I watch the Secrets of the citadel once in while too. Not a fan of her voice, but it will probably grow on me.

Archived