Best ASOIAF YouTube videos?

Rachel of Oldstones

I am going to respond to @Jon's Queen Consort here because it is about an ASOIAF video discussion that was started in another thread, but to continue it there would just push that whole thread way off topic.

So, JQC, curiosity killed me and I went and watched the Val video (Jon Snow's twin:rolleyes:) by Order of the Greenhand, and...

It

was

so

full

of

wrong it gets 5 headbangs:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I am not even talking opinion wrong, but actual book text wrong. From simple things like putting a phrase in a "quote", but that quote was literally written wrong (I paused and checked along the way), to what seems like they do not understand the difference between literal and figurative.

My apologies to others here that really seem to like them, but I just watched 5 of their videos and they just are too opinionated and cherry pick the hell out of what they want to show that it just doesn't make sense.

31 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I am going to respond to @Jon's Queen Consort here because it is about an ASOIAF video discussion that was started in another thread, but to continue it there would just push that whole thread way off topic.

So, JQC, curiosity killed me and I went and watched the Val video (Jon Snow's twin:rolleyes:) by Order of the Greenhand, and...

It

was

so

full

of

I am not even talking opinion wrong, but actual book text wrong. From simple things like putting a phrase in a "quote", but that quote was literally written wrong (I paused and checked along the way), to what seems like they do not understand the difference between literal and figurative.

My apologies to others here that really seem to like them, but I just watched 5 of their videos and they just are too opinionated and cherry pick the hell out of what they want to show that it just doesn't make sense.

They made me defending Cat. ME! 

As for them being wrong proved by the text my fav part is and always will be, because it was the first I saw, that Tormund is the White Bull. I mean they seem to try creating things that simply don't make sense. It seem like that is their goal.

For me they are easily among the 3 worse channels.

31 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It

was

so

full

of

I've also seen some of their videos. Or I should say the parts of their videos, because I had to turn them off:bang:  They have a 4 part series trying to prove why Jon is Ned and Ashara's son. And a 3 part series trying to prove that Aegon is actually Rhaegar's and Lyanna's son and tPTWP. Or better description of those would be "Trying to disprove R+L=J because I don't want Jon to be tPTWP or special". Actually, I have started so see a pattern among some of the youtube theorists, where they try to prove every other theory about Jon's parentage while comparing it to R+L=J and saying how it really hasn't that much proof or hints.

I think Preston Jacobs started this. I kind of enjoyed some of his videos but stopped when I watched his Brandon+Ashara=Jon videos. There is a part in those videos where he lists like 3 textual hints about R+L=J and claims this is all the textual proof it has:lol:  Then he compares it to about 5 "hints" he found about B+A=J, and says that B+A=J is more likely because it has more hints :blink:

Anyways, I've watched IdeasOfIceAndFire's videos recently. I think they're quite good.

5 minutes ago, GhostNymeria said:

I've also seen some of their videos. Or I should say the parts of their videos, because I had to turn them off:bang:  They have a 4 part series trying to prove why Jon is Ned and Ashara's son.

I watched that series. Seriously guys!?!<_<

And a 3 part series trying to prove that Aegon is actually Rhaegar's and Lyanna's son and tPTWP.

Yeah, based on the other four part series about Jon, I think I may skip this one. B) Hey, I gave it a real chance.

Or better description of those would be "Trying to disprove R+L=J because I don't want Jon to be tPTWP or special". Actually, I have started so see a pattern among some of the youtube theorists, where they try to prove every other theory about Jon's parentage while comparing it to R+L=J and saying how it really hasn't that much proof or hints.

Hey, so it's not just me who is noticing this pattern? :huh: I think with the wait between books, and the boredom that may be following, people are just getting desperate.

I think Preston Jacobs started this. I kind of enjoyed some of his videos but stopped when I watched his Brandon+Ashara=Jon videos. There is a part in those videos where he lists like 3 textual hints about R+L=J and claims this is all the textual proof it has:lol:  Then he compares it to about 5 "hints" he found about B+A=J, and says that B+A=J is more likely because it has more hints :blink:

And that is how baby theories are made :rolleyes:  Whhyyyyy??? :crying:

Anyways, I've watched IdeasOfIceAndFire's videos recently. I think they're quite good.

Thanks. I will check them out. I like to put them on every now and again for background talk when I do other work.

Preston Jacobs is at his best when taking ideas from Cantuse at Meditations on a Song of Ice and Fire.  That's basically his schtick.  Take an existing theory and overanalyze the text until you've got an eight part series of mostly outlandishly wrong ideas and mysteries so complex that no reader could possibly figure them out and could never have a satisfying payoff.

That having been said I loved Minds of Wolves and Robins and Genetics of Dragons and War.

And I really enjoy his take on the show.

On 4/10/2017 at 2:15 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

It

was

so

full

of

I find some of their stuff interesting but they really lost me at the Val thing. I still want to know their thoughts on the actual "Order of the Greenhand" but I guess they are building to it.

Also agreed that no one should be a certain as they are about there ideas.

On 4/10/2017 at 2:54 PM, The Doctor's Consort said:

I will tell you just one thing. They have told that Cat had incestuous thoughts and feelings about Lysa and Edmure.

That's now how I heard it just its weird that Cat's initial monologue is during sex with Eddard. Which is admittedly odd thing now that I think about it.

Also the Cat series is amusing if your don't take it seriously. She is far from the worst person in Westeros but her thought processes are bizarre at certain points.

Then again one of the worst thing she does, releasing Jaime I am pretty sure was influenced to do by Bloodraven or someone.

17 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

That's now how I heard it just its weird that Cat's initial monologue is during sex with Eddard. Which is admittedly odd thing now that I think about it.

Also the Cat series is amusing if your don't take it seriously. She is far from the worst person in Westeros but her thought processes are bizarre at certain points.

Then again one of the worst thing she does, releasing Jaime I am pretty sure was influenced to do by Bloodraven or someone.

I am one of those who loathe Cat but I still find their reasoning are not even funny.

Archived