Do all of Brans visions contain Starks?

Macgregor of the North

Can't decide on this. Any thoughts welcome. 

In Brans visions in front of the Weirwood it appears they could all contain members of his family of some sort. Be it a full blooded Stark, a bastard Stark(Brandon Snow maybe), or a Stark wife(the pregnant woman). These could all be classed as Starks to an extent.

In regards to the vision that seems to obviously have Dunk kissing a "Brown haired girl Slender as a spear", if we go by the thinking that Bran is witnessing scenes involving "Starks"(or Stark wives/Bastards), doesn't this rule Old Nan out as being the kisser with Dunk?.

What are people's thoughts on this? Are any of Brans visions involving people who are not Stark related at all??. 

Im well aware that Dunk may not be kissing Nan and could be a Stark girl, I actually sway more toward this idea nowadays.

This would just bolster my idea that all visions contain a Stark of some kind, but do other people think this way is what I would like to know?

3 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

They don't have to be Starks, they just have to happen in front of the Winterfell Heart Tree.  It seems logical that Bran would get a vision of where Hodor came from.

Yes I know they don't have to be , I was just curious as that is the only one pretty much that may not contain a Stark of some kind and I wondered if there was a pattern there in that particular bunch of visions he is granted.

If it is Nan and Dunk its a bit of a random insert really and not confirmation of where Hodor comes from by any stretch though is it? Although I'm not ruling out Hodor is descended from Nan and Dunk. 

What do you think? Do you personally think it is Nan kissing Dunk? Therefore this batch of visions are then not all Stark. 

It looks like nan since it also mentioned hodor. 

But I am wondering that nan came to winterfell as a wet nurse for a baby brandon. 

This means she had child before and had milk so that she can nurse brandon. 

Does this mean she is a widow because we did not hear she came with her husband or lover? 

2 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Yes I know they don't have to be , I was just curious as that is the only one pretty much that may not contain a Stark of some kind and I wondered if there was a pattern there in that particular bunch of visions he is granted.

If it is Nan and Dunk its a bit of a random insert really and not confirmation of where Hodor comes from by any stretch though is it? Although I'm not ruling out Hodor is descended from Nan and Dunk. 

What do you think? Do you personally think it is Nan kissing Dunk? Therefore this batch of visions are then not all Stark. 

Well the last time we saw Dunk he was heading for Winterfell, so I definitely think it's Dunk.  Whether or not it's Old Nan is much more open to debate, but yes I think Hodor descends from Dunk.

4 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Well the last time we saw Dunk he was heading for Winterfell, so I definitely think it's Dunk.  Whether or not it's Old Nan is much more open to debate, but yes I think Hodor descends from Dunk.

I've no doubt in my mind it's Dunk. I wanted to see if much people had doubts it was Nan kissing him and see the general view on the possibility. My own two timeline pieces I done both had the possibility of Nan being there at the same time as Dunk.(stronger possibility in piece1) but I'm still not 100% convinced even with all the nods in favour and evidence for but I do feel it could be true.  I'll have to wait for the novella or more bran visions in winds I guess. 

I've no doubt in my mind it's Dunk. I wanted to see if much people had doubts it was Nan kissing him and see the general view on the possibility. My own two timeline pieces I done both had the possibility of Nan being there at the same time as Dunk.(stronger possibility in piece1) but I'm still not 100% convinced even with all the nods in favour and evidence for but I do feel it could be true.  I'll have to wait for the novella or more bran visions in winds I guess. 

4 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

It looks like nan since it also mentioned hodor. 

But I am wondering that nan came to winterfell as a wet nurse for a baby brandon. 

This means she had child before and had milk so that she can nurse brandon. 

Does this mean she is a widow because we did not hear she came with her husband or lover? 

Sometimes Old Nan told it one way and sometimes another. In all the stories the little boy died at three of a summer chill, but Old Nan stayed on at Winterfell with her own children.

This quote definitely confirms Nan arrived at WF with her own children. I wonder how many children she had by then? But when Brandon dies she is allowed to stay on. I think she is definitely a widow, or a woman who has just been used and left a few times to many by not so nice guys.

Its possible Nan is from a smaller Northern house? Or the winter town? The mountain clans perhaps?.

Or perhaps there was no wet nurses to be had from any of the houses and Nan is from Moles town? Possibly been used by a crow or two and left with children to take care of alone?. The "all crows are liars" comment could apply here.

57 minutes ago, Macgregor of the North said:

I don't know why the comments have went all weird now! That whole last bit looks like it was a quote??.

Yeah, it happened to me too. 

But yeah, it sounds old nan had some hard time with crows. 

Archived