It's quiet around here... too quiet.

Ser Scot A Ellison

On 2/9/2016 at 8:56 AM, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Because we've had all the conversations there are to have?  Having children, though, I'm sure the answer is that someone is using crayon to draw a rocketship on a wall somewhere.

Or trying to clean the rocketship off the wall...

Coincidentally, kid number 3 is on the way...whoops.  We are really so much better at unplanned pregnancy than planned.  Tried for over a year with kid number 1.  #2 is 16 months younger than 1 and #3 will be 17 months after 2.

On 2/10/2016 at 6:27 AM, sologdin said:

scot, this is why y'all need to keep me on retainer:  sanders would not properly summon the spectre of che guevara in an armed occupation of DC at this point because guevara argued very specifically in his guerrilla warfare text that the leftist should not take arms when an electoral system is in place--even when the leftist knows that the electoral system is fraudulent, it is a wrongful act to take up arms.  

my rates for leftwing advice are very reasonable.  this is a free sample.  

The miracle Scott may have been looking for, just occurred.  I read and understood an every word in an entire sologdin post.

35 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Coincidentally, kid number 3 is on the way...whoops.  We are really so much better at unplanned pregnancy than planned.  Tried for over a year with kid number 1.  #2 is 16 months younger than 1 and #3 will be 17 months after 2.

Congrats!

Maybe I need some spiritual advice

If, hypothetically speaking, I had 'a friend' (as I believe they are called these days) who was stranded at a small town station between trains and discovered that the station cafe had sold out of 2cl bottles of brandy and plainly through the grossest of mismanagement said cafe had grievously and vexatiously failed to restock, would the best course of action to be:

(i) to select one of the other 2cl bottles of either whisky or gin

(ii) buy a 33cl bottle of brandy

(iii) discuss appropriate stock management and reordering procedures with the cafe staff with reference to Kanban and just in time techniques

(iv) any combination of the above

(v) risk becoming a teetotaller

On 2/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, Relic said:

There certainly seems to have been a drop off in activity since the board was down for a bit to retool. Issues with posting on phones, and really wonky quote replies might have led to some people not posting as much as well. 

I've been having issues since mid-December and just finally was able to sit down and clear out caches, etc.  When I couldn't even reply anymore, I just kind of gave up and put it off for a day when I wasn't busy.

On 2/13/2016 at 6:18 PM, Bonesy said:

I'd say the death of Scalia certainly qualifies as a dramatic event.

A guy I work with is convinced that Scalia was murdered because he died, in this coworker's words, "on a Democrat's ranch."  I asked him if that would mean he was murdered if he had a heart attack at dinner with RGB and he said "That'd be my assumption until proven otherwise."

38 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

A guy I work with is convinced that Scalia was murdered because he died, in this coworker's words, "on a Democrat's ranch."  I asked him if that would mean he was murdered if he had a heart attack at dinner with RGB and he said "That'd be my assumption until proven otherwise."

:facepalm:

On 2/12/2016 at 5:26 PM, wolverine said:

Congratulations!

12 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Wolverine,

Congratulations!!

Thanks everyone.  Pretty sure we will be done with three (all under 3 years old for 3 months anyway).  So no quiet around here.  Just found out my younger brother is expecting number 5.  I think he is crazy (his oldest is 7).

• 1 month later...

LOUD NOISES!!!!!

Because it has been indeed too quiet. 

Any new, unexpected things about to happen?

Will the majority of DMVs quit being quite so frustrating? Doubtfully.

Will a cellphone be created that doesn't crack for the slightest reason? If not then humanity is doomed.

Will this unexpected CHAT option get out of my way when I'm on my cell phone sometime in the near future? Hopefully.

Will everyone finally accept that Bigfoot is not real, but is actually a Yeti that comes down from the mountains during the summer months that has shed its winter coat? Possibly maybe.

21 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Will this unexpected CHAT option get out of my way when I'm on my cell phone sometime in the near future? Hopefully.

Wow. That was quick. The CHAT option has migrated from the top of the screen, where it was blocking the menu button, to the bottom of the screen. 

Archived