Favourite sigil and words?

dariopatke

House Codd's words are awesome,  they cracked me up the first time I read them,

Though all men do despise us

But,  House Stark has the best words.

Winter Is Coming

House Blackwood 's is awesome, it has 2 symbols tied the old gods.

Flock of ravens surrounding a dead wierwood tree

I also really like Crakehall's brindled boar, Umber's giant and Dunk's shooting star over an elm tree.

On 9 February 2016 at 4:44 PM, Good Guy Garlan said:

Favorite sigil: the Florents' fox and flowers. Sooo regal and heraldic. Shame that it's wasted on those shitstains. 

Favorite words: "We Do Not Sow". Yeah, it's all kinds of stupid to take so much pride in stealing other people's crap, but I love how shamelessly pirate-y the motto is. 

I think that the greyjoy words should be changed to "we could not sow" because we are to dumb to learn how to do it

Lonmouth: Quartered of six: red lips strewn on a yellow field, yellow skulls strewn on a black field

Motto: The choice is yours

Waxley: Three candles, white with red flames, within silver candle holders, on a grey field within a black border

Motto: Light in darkness

Favorite sigil: the Florents' fox and flowers. Sooo regal and heraldic. Shame that it's wasted on those shitstains. 

Very usually opulent, ornate and regal blazons have attached shitty people with them.

Favorite sigil: probably house Harlaw, I just like all the dark stuff so when someone has a scythe for a sigil, I'll be in! I also like the Greyjoy one, because I like my monsters, krakens are cool damn it. But since they're my fav house, i'm probably biased on that one as well :)

favorite words: "hear me roar!" I don't know why but it makes me smile, I really like the sound of it and I really like the smugness of it, I think it fits them so well as well!

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 1:09 AM, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

Sigil: green apple of new barrel because as far as I can remember its the only one we get an origin story for, and that story was great.

We know the origin story of House Dayne's sigil, if nothing else about them.  Probably will affect the plot at some point.

No particular order.

Sigil: Greyjoy, Targaryens, Tully, Manderly, and Harlaw.

Words: Ours is the fury, Winter is Coming, We Do Not Sow, Our Blades are Sharp, So End Our Foes, and Here We Stand. I know this isn't Lanniaster's official motto, but "A Lannister always pays his debts" sounds a lot better than "Hear Me Roar!"...

Btw still curious to know what is the Frey's motto...

Edit: I forgot to add Dayne's sigil and Bloodraven's. I'm kicking out Targaryen's sigil and replacing it with Blackfyre sigil. Definitely love the inverse color.

House Bolton. I mean, you see a guy on the other end of the field with a shield and banner of a guy flayed off all skin and dripping blood, with the words "Our Blades Are Sharp"? Fuuuuuuuck that.

Yep, this. And he is wearing armor that looks like flayed man, too.

On 2/15/2016 at 7:56 PM, Philpenn said:

We know the origin story of House Dayne's sigil, if nothing else about them.  Probably will affect the plot at some point.

Sorry I know there was a delay. I meant more along the lines that the story involved characters we became familiar with. In the same novella we get the origin of Dandarrion's sigil, but it doesn't feel the same.

Plus, do we really KNOW what that falling star and sword were???

The answer is probably yes

Archived