Gwyneth Yronwood- The 9th Sandsnake

Deep Like Davos

I'm not going off of much, but Quentyn's description of Gwyneth has always made me think she was a bastard of Oberyn.   From the Wiki (though i think its a direct quote anyway):

" ...dark eyes and brown hair set her apart in that house of blue-eyed blondes. She is clever and as quick with words as with her hands".  

Well, she might resemble her mother who we have no information about.

I am of the opinion that Yronwoods will rule Dorne once Dany and Tyrion defeat Martells in the second dance of the dragons. Yronwoods used to rule most of Dorne before Nymeria landed in the region and now the second most powerful house. 

I have a suspicion that Quentyn is not dead and was not the one burned by dragonfire,it was someone else.

If that is true, then I imagine Yronwoods, in order to solidy their grip on Dorne, will marry Gwyneth to Quentyn, the Martell heir and a boy who considers them as a family since he grew up with Yronwoods.

Lord Anders is very ambitious, I suspect after Doran is dead, he will use the opportunity (Dany and Tyrion's arrival) to support "blacks" and get rewarded for it. Arianne is not as bright as her father and I think she will be the main reason for her house's downfall.

7 minutes ago, Scorpion92 said:

I am of the opinion that Yronwoods will rule Dorne once Dany and Tyrion defeat Martells in the second dance of the dragons. Yronwoods used to rule most of Dorne before Nymeria landed in the region and now the second most powerful house. 

I have a suspicion that Quentyn is not dead and was not the one burned by dragonfire,it was someone else.

If that is true, then I imagine Yronwoods, in order to solidy their grip on Dorne, will marry Gwyneth to Quentyn, the Martell heir and a boy who considers them as a family since he grew up with Yronwoods.

Lord Anders is very ambitious, I suspect after Doran is dead, he will use the opportunity (Dany and Tyrion's arrival) to support "blacks" and get rewarded for it. Arianne is not as bright as her father and I think she will be the main reason for her house's downfall.

Its a house of blue eyed blondes... To me that means the mother is a blue eyed blonde as well.  Besides that, its her quick wits and quick hands, both are traits of Oberyn (and his daughters).    

The rest should be its own topic. 

Age may be an issue for this theory.

Oberyn had affair with paramour of lord Yronwood and later killed him. This happened when Oberyn was 16 years old.

And oberyn was born in 258. So if this daughter is the product of that, then she will be around 26 years old. Not a 11, 12 year old (she was not flowered yet).

And I do not think house Yronwood would take her as their own daughter since she is from a paramour and oberyn, and their affair caused the death of their old lord.

9 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Age may be an issue for this theory.

Oberyn had affair with paramour of lord Yronwood and later killed him. This happened when Oberyn was 16 years old.

And oberyn was born in 258. So if this daughter is the product of that, then she will be around 26 years old. Not a 11, 12 year old (she was not flowered yet).

And I do not think house Yronwood would take her as their own daughter since she is from a paramour and oberyn, and their affair caused the death of their old lord.

That duel was fought with the current Lord Yronwood's father.   Oberyn could given the son horns like the father.   The Martells and Yronwoods had beef before the duel.  After the duel Oberyn was (kinda) exiled temporarily, so maybe he wanted to stick it to them one more time.

3 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

No widow's peak, no Sand chick (I know not all of them have it, but whatever)

By the way, she'd be the 9th Sand Snake. 

They didn't describe the widows peak, but that doesn't mean it was lacking.   I fixed the # though.

3 minutes ago, Deep Like Davos said:

That duel was fought with the current Lord Yronwood's father.   Oberyn could given the son horns like the father.   The Martells and Yronwoods had beef before the duel.  After the duel Oberyn was (kinda) exiled temporarily, so maybe he wanted to stick it to them one more time.

They didn't describe the widows peak, but that doesn't mean it was lacking.   I fixed the # though.

Well, you can imagine Oberyn slept with current Lady Yronwood 10 years later, but there is nothing in the book suggesting that.

Just now, purple-eyes said:

Well, you can imagine Oberyn slept with current Lady Yronwood 10 years later, but there is nothing in the book suggesting that.

I'm saying that the description of Gwenyth was the suggestion.   Also, isn't that the whole point of these theories?  Imagining explanations for things we have no explanations for? But snark noted.  

Just now, Deep Like Davos said:

I'm saying that the description of Gwenyth was the suggestion.   Also, isn't that the whole point of these theories?  Imagining explanations for things we have no explanations for? But snark noted.  

Sure, but this one seems to be quite wild.

All we know is that she has brown hair and dark eyes and quick and she is 12 years old.

As far as we know, Arya may also look like this.

Can Arya be the 8th sandsnake?

Maybe Oberyn traveled to the north and knocked up Cat since he hated the usurpers. Does Arya have a widow peak? it did not say she did not have.

How about Shae? also dark hair and dark eyes.

The list can be on and on.

1 hour ago, Deep Like Davos said:

I'm not going off of much, but Quentyn's description of Gwyneth has always made me think she was a bastard of Oberyn.   From the Wiki (though i think its a direct quote anyway):

" ...dark eyes and brown hair set her apart in that house of blue-eyed blondes. She is clever and as quick with words as with her hands".  

No text evidence to suggest any relation to Oberyn Martell.

Just now, purple-eyes said:

Sure, but this one seems to be quite wild.

All we know is that she has brown hair and dark eyes and quick and she is 12 years old.

As far as we know, Arya may also look like this.

Can Arya be the 8th sandsnake?

Maybe Oberyn traveled to the north and knocked up Cat since he hated the usurpers. Does Arya have a widow peak? it did not say she did not have.

How about Shae? also dark hair and dark eyes.

The list can be on and on.

Again with the snark.  GRRM pointed out that she looked unusual compared to the rest of her House AND pointed out that she is quick witted and has fast hands.    Maybe its a red herring, but lets not pretend that it wasn't put in there. 

Thank you for using Arya as an example.  She looks nothing like the rest of her siblings except Jon snow.   She is said to look like Lyanna.  people use this as one of many proofs of R+L = J.     So yes, if GRRM mentions a character's looks, and they don't go with the standard look of that house, take notice. 

9 minutes ago, Deep Like Davos said:

Again with the snark.  GRRM pointed out that she looked unusual compared to the rest of her House AND pointed out that she is quick witted and has fast hands.    Maybe its a red herring, but lets not pretend that it wasn't put in there. 

Thank you for using Arya as an example.  She looks nothing like the rest of her siblings except Jon snow.   She is said to look like Lyanna.  people use this as one of many proofs of R+L = J.     So yes, if GRRM mentions a character's looks, and they don't go with the standard look of that house, take notice. 

i did not get you.

Arya looks different from her sibings because she looks like her father. Her father and mother look different. This does not mean Arya is somebody else's bastard.

This Yronwood daughter looked different from her siblings or house, but she may take it from her mother.

Frequently GRRM made siblings took different looks from their parents. Like rhaenys and Aegon, Daeron's children, Maekar's children, etc. etc. This is just something to make the whole story more practical and real and interesting. Not because GRRM wanted to remind us they may be somebody else's bastards.

1 minute ago, purple-eyes said:

i did not get you.

Arya looks different from her sibings because she looks like her father. Her father and mother look different. This does not mean Arya is somebody else's bastard.

This Yronwood daughter looked different from her siblings or house, but she may take it from her mother.

Frequently GRRM made siblings took different looks from their parents. Like rhaenys and Aegon, Daeron's children, Maekar's children, etc. etc. This is just something to make the whole story more practical and real and interesting. Not because GRRM wanted to remind us they may be somebody else's bastards.

correct, you don't get me, and you are getting the book wrong too.    Ned tells Arya she looks like Lyanna (arya responds with "but Lyanna was beautiful, everyone said so").    Arya tells us she looks like Jon and was worried she was a bastard too.   If you look at R + L = J theories this is listed as one of the reasons.     Having siblings look different and pointing out the difference are two different things.  In the case of Maekars children it was "Dareon (the drunkard) takes after his mother".    For Gwenyth it was just "stands apart".   Her quick wits and hands were then mentioned immediately after.   Its just an interesting way to describe her by GRRM.  He includes little nuggets that he doesn't plan on specifically answering all the time. This may be one.  or it could be a red herring.  but its in there. 

The only problem I have with this is that the mother is only an Yronwood by marriage, so you wouldn't put her description in with the houses, just like you wouldn't put Catlyns in with the Starks.  So the mother being dark haired is entirely possible.  I don't think we can rule your theory out, however I do think it's unlikely because house Yronwood likely would not have hosted Oberyn.

12 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

The only problem I have with this is that the mother is only an Yronwood by marriage, so you wouldn't put her description in with the houses, just like you wouldn't put Catlyns in with the Starks.  So the mother being dark haired is entirely possible.  I don't think we can rule your theory out, however I do think it's unlikely because house Yronwood likely would not have hosted Oberyn.

You are right that its unlikely the Yronwoods hosted Oberyn.  The only reason i think that the mother is a blue eyed blonde as well is that the quote is "...set her apart in that house of blue-eyed blondes."  (Dance, the Merchant's Man)   house not House.    Whenever GRRM is referring to a family line he capitalizes it.  I think this really was referring to the people who dwelt inside.  

4 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

That makes sense for Dany put a former Blackfyre suppporter in charage of Dorne instead of the family that has been helping yours for a century. Genius.

4 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

No widow's peak, no Sand chick (I know not all of them have it, but whatever)

By the way, she'd be the 9th Sand Snake. 

Actually all of them should have. 

App said tyene also had widow peak. Obara too. 

Archived