Create House Daynes Words

Nozlym

pick ur favourite from the post above and share ur own. heres a few of mine.

"bringer of light"

"shadows no more"

"our star burns brightest"

"fear the man, not the blade"

"(k)night slayer"

"shining hope in the darkness"

"honour, courage, strength to star(t) a blaze"

"from the dark, so come the light"

Or more to the point, What are they, that could give away the series? What 3 or 4word house words could be that revealing that everybody would be spoiled as to what Asoiaf is really all about? Who is Jon snows mother, what do the others want, who are real secret targaryans, whose song is the song Of ice and fire and many more mysteries that could all be explained by the words of house Dayne, it has me truly stumped!

6 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

Or more to the point, What are they, that could give away the series? What 3 or 4word house words could be that revealing that everybody would be spoiled as to what Asoiaf is really all about? Who is Jon snows mother, what do the others want, who are real secret targaryans, whose song is the song Of ice and fire and many more mysteries that could all be explained by the words of house Dayne, it has me truly stumped!

^This.

It is probably something like "Fire and Ice" in that it wont solve all of the mysteries but it will show the importance of a certain phrase or event

PS. Does anyone have the quote or source where GRRM said the Dayne's words would reveal too much? I cant track it down

1 hour ago, Kenton Stark said:

"Darkest before Dawn"

thats a classic one

8 hours ago, TheWhiteWalker said:

"Dawn of the morning"

lol nice and original

8 hours ago, dread wolf said:

fallen and reborn (ive seen it somewhere)

a different take. i can dig it.

a few more

"from within, sterling rays adorn you"

"with this here sword, i cut the veil"

"what is might and magic to the sun"

19 minutes ago, RobOsevens said:

^This.

It is probably something like "Fire and Ice" in that it wont solve all of the mysteries but it will show the importance of a certain phrase or event

PS. Does anyone have the quote or source where GRRM said the Dayne's words would reveal too much? I cant track it down

this is all i could find with a quick search

by Ran

Fallen and Reborn is made up by someone at random, maybe someone who was playing the tabletop game or something and wanted words for the house.

I've the house words from GRRM, but he wasn't particularly happy with it and wasn't sure it'd be the final set of words... but I can't really say what they are. So keep speculating.

I will say I've always favored "Dawn Brings Light"... but maybe that's too on-the-nose. ;)

Edited 29 Apr 2012 by Ran

all we can gather is george has had them since 2012 but at the time wasn't to satisfied with them. so i think its safe to say we will prob get them in the next book.

my guess as to why they are important is probably because they reveal something that is only speculated right now. that being most likely that dawn was the original lightbringer.

10 minutes ago, Nozlym said:

all we can gather is george has had them since 2012 but at the time wasn't to satisfied with them. so i think its safe to say we will prob get them in the next book.

my guess as to why they are important is probably because they reveal something that is only speculated right now. that being most likely that dawn was the original lightbringer.

So GRRM has never said that they would reveal too much?

It would blow every book readers mind if it was something with a huge effect on the worldview, like "From Beyond the Sunset Sea" or "From the ashes of Asshai." Y'know, something that would completely change our views on what we thought about the mysteries of Planetos in general. Or what about... "Always remember Earth." That would be nuts.

Archived