Which married couple is most in love?

Tom Sevenstreams

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 6:03 PM, Tom Sevenstreams said:

I'm surprised so many people think of Tywin and joanna as in love.  Tywin has no love for his children, so I don't see him as even being capable of love.  Might have been different before she died, but I would think at least some of that love would have rubbed off on his kids.  

Wut? Tywin adored Jaime and loved Cersei, he hated Tyrion who in his mind killed Joanna. He just had very strict opinions about what and how his children should be. From everything we know so far people have said that Tywin loved Joanna. The love for someone's spouse is not the same with the love for his siblings or so on so because someone loved his spouse doesn't mean that he has to love the others too.

On 13/2/2016 at 7:39 AM, desire said:

Prince of dragonflys and Jenny

I agree. Giving up a kingdom for a woman is a pretty big indication that the love is real.

Eggs marriage to Betha Blackwood was a marriage of love too. He was so low in line of succesion that he was allowed to marry for love.

Too bad Eggs younger son married for love too .............:ack:

Tywin and Joanna , Tywin is devoted to her even after she died.

Droco and  Dany, it didn't last much but there was love. It started like all nobles arranged marriage but they learned from each other, he valued Dany's decisions even if in Dothraki culture a woman value less than a horse, they were happy together.

Cat&Ned, well, i'm unsure we can call it real "love", their marriage worked, thats for sure, but to me it was the marriage of duty, a sort of business patnership, she was beautiful and devoted to the family, and he was a loyal honorable man, basically none of them were interested to the "passion" or acting in disonorable ways.

You really have to determine what defines "love" (or realize that there are different kinds of love that can make a happy couple and home) to answer this. 

I've been married a long time and my husband and I (both early 40s) are still raising our seven kids together. A passionate Saturday night for us is most likely to entail farming the kids out and stopping by Redbox for a movie we may or may not stay awake through, but we love each other very much. And obviously there's been plenty of passion in our time together. 

Our eldest child is our only daughter. She just turned 22, and is long-term engaged to a wonderful young man. They've been together almost three years and still have the OMG butterflies version of love going on, which is the most lovely version of love for others to watch; but does it mean one couple or the other is MORE in love? Not IMO.  We are at very different stages. 

Then of course there's our 18 year old son who's been dating the same girl for a whopping eight months and we all tease him mercilessly about his One True Love, but the reality is that most of what they're feeling is lust with a good dose of actually liking each other a lot. 

Which couple will still be together in 20 years? Based on statistics, my husband and I might have the best chance. Which will still be IN LOVE? That totally depends on your definition of love. 

3 minutes ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

You really have to determine what defines "love" (or realize that there are different kinds of love that can make a happy couple and home) to answer this. 

I've been married a long time and my husband and I (both early 40s) are still raising our seven kids together. A passionate Saturday night for us is most likely to entail farming the kids out and stopping by Redbox for a movie we may or may not stay awake through, but we love each other very much. 

Our eldest child is our only daughter. She just turned 22, and is long-term engaged to a wonderful young man. They've been together almost three years and still have the OMG butterflies version of love going on, which is the most lovely version of love for others to watch; but does it mean one couple or the other is MORE in love? Not IMO.  We are at very different stages. 

Then of course there's our 18 year old son who's been dating the same girl for a whopping eight months and we all tease him mercilessly about his One True Love, but the reality is that most of what they're feeling is lust with a good dose of actually liking each other a lot. 

Which couple will still be together in 20 years? Based on statistics, my husband and I might have the best chance. Which will still be IN LOVE? That totally depends on your definition of love. 

I agree with you, it's difficult to define love , and there are different kind of "love".

For me "love" is a genuine affection, that kind of affection that make you care more for the other than yourself.

Thats why these are the only 3 couple i 've chosen ( DrocoDany, TywinJoanna, CatNed).

They are all different kind of characters, a person like Tywin is cold and heartless, yet he still devoted to his dead wife (he could have been remarried, especially since he cares for the house of Lannister future, yet he has not), about Joanna we must assume she loved him back ( she's remembered so lovely by his husband and children so it's not a completely clueless assumption).

About Dany we know her POV, so we know she loved Droco, and Droco acted very special to her, he was gentle and cared for her decision, it was a passionate love for sure, and they were happy, it was not about duty .

Ned&Cat learned to apreciate each other, but due to their characters it's a bit difficult to understand if it was genuine love, at the end it was, they cared for their family, but somehow, reading Cat POV, i got the impression it was not the life she would have loved to live. Maybe i'm wrong.

1 hour ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I've been married a long time and my husband and I (both early 40s) are still raising our seven kids together. A passionate Saturday night for us is most likely to entail farming the kids out and stopping by Redbox for a movie we may or may not stay awake through, but we love each other very much. And obviously there's been plenty of passion in our time together. 

I agree, to me love is devotion, loyalty, and building+sharing life together. It's not only romance but also needs a great dose of friendship and respect which is why Cat and Ned is first at my list

Archived