The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

Though I found it a little too, uh, sweet (?), and I really  couldn't  give a rat's ass about Jimmy Olsen's jealousy, and I found the fight scene in the park awkward, despite all that,  the Supergirl/Flash crossover was closer to what I was hoping for in Flash Season 2 than most of what we've seen so far.

So The Flash was completely useless on Earth 3 (Supergirl-verse), whereas Barry Allen helped out by giving the authorities a way to hold / imprison meta-humans and follow due process.

I would rather have had the episode not be a meta-episode where Supergirl redeems herself in the public eye and Barry is the catalyst for kickstarting Jimmy and Kara's romance. I would rather have had Barry turn up after myriad had been triggered, and him being of another Earth with different vibrations is unaffected by Myriad and hence can help SG. Of course there will be a huge elephant outside the room if something as huge as the Myriad plotline plays out without Clark being directly involved.

I'll be interested to see how they playout Barry's visit to Supergirl. I would hope they at least have half a scene where Barry spills at least a few details. Like Supergirl being an alien, hence aliens are a thing, AND there are meta-humans there without there having been a star labs explosion.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Alright, I gave up Legends, Supergirl I never got into, dropped Arrow (not even Laurel's death could get me excited for it again) and now with Barry's gloating over Zoom's 'defeat' leading to even more retarded events, im done.

To say nothing of Zoom's "brilliant", convoluted "plan" to steal Barry's Speed (Geez! talk about playing the long game...), layered on top of an insane premise to begin with... My head hurt trying to follow all of that. But, I'm hoping that we have to suffer only one more episode of the Zoom madness before Barry can get back to the serious business of beating up super intelligent gorillas.

And, finally, where the hell is my goddamned Mirror Master, already?!!!!

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Alright, I gave up Legends, Supergirl I never got into, dropped Arrow (not even Laurel's death could get me excited for it again) and now with Barry's gloating over Zoom's 'defeat' leading to even more retarded events, im done.

Yeah I'm with you. Supergirl had its season finale, and I'll ride it out with these others until their seasons are finished. Not coming back for either.

I don't even know what to say.  This was truly stupid.  It started off with Flash inviting Zoom to Central City so they can team up to destroy as much property as possible by zipping through highly populated areas.  It ends with Flash just easily handing over his speed force, because reasons.  Like, Zoom gave up Wally, Barry can now run faster than Zoom.  That should have been a no brainer.  Grab Zoom and run him straight into that illegal, unethical, and inhumane prison you have right around the corner.  Barry is seriously the worst of the worst.

Going back to Wally, this thing where they don't tell a character about Barry's identity continues to be total and utter bullshit.  It doesn't add to the drama, it doesn't create tension, it just makes the alleged superhero and all those who enable him look like horrible terrible people.  The writers are hacks for trying to justify this with having the characters say ignorance keeps people safe.  No.  No. No.  

It's still so disappointing how far down the toilet this show has gone in only it's sophomore season.

Nope. Not listening to any more negativity.  I'm not looking to perfection and I remain entertained.  Could some things be tighter?  Yup.  But I'm not sweating it.  I'll miss all of you from the thread. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I don't even know what to say.  This was truly stupid.  It started off with Flash inviting Zoom to Central City so they can team up to destroy as much property as possible by zipping through highly populated areas.  It ends with Flash just easily handing over his speed force, because reasons.  Like, Zoom gave up Wally, Barry can now run faster than Zoom.  That should have been a no brainer.  Grab Zoom and run him straight into that illegal, unethical, and inhumane prison you have right around the corner.  Barry is seriously the worst of the worst.

Going back to Wally, this thing where they don't tell a character about Barry's identity continues to be total and utter bullshit.  It doesn't add to the drama, it doesn't create tension, it just makes the alleged superhero and all those who enable him look like horrible terrible people.  The writers are hacks for trying to justify this with having the characters say ignorance keeps people safe.  No.  No. No.  

It's still so disappointing how far down the toilet this show has gone in only it's sophomore season.

Yup, basically. Was the reveal of it being Jay that great to merit that horrible scene where they had to explain all this? Ugh. "I convinced my time remnant to kill himself". "I pretended to be The Flash to feel like a hero". Just fucking admit you didn't plan it. Why couldn't it just be Hunter Zolomon, and Jay was just Jay? Would that have been so bad? 

The ONE TIME all season that Barry's been faster than him, and they fuck up the "plan" (stand there and talk about how he's not gonna hurt anyone and forget to actually do anything), and what's Jay's plan? Eh, can't be bothered to think of anything clever........lets just do the kidnap thing again. Right.

Easily the worst writing so far. I'm with the rest of you, I'll see out the seasons and I'm done. It's just an obligation to watch now and it's a real chore.

ETA: Props for attempting to make the Supergirl crossover work, but that also made no sense........he literally just used the tachyon doohickey to travel to another earth, and immediately commences a conversation about how they're going to get to another earth.

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Nope. Not listening to any more negativity.  I'm not looking to perfection and I remain entertained.  Could some things be tighter?  Yup.  But I'm not sweating it.  I'll miss all of you from the thread. 

Well there were, I thought, good bits: Barry figuring out what Wally really wanted from Joe, and the interaction between Wells and Joe felt more organic and works well than most of their attempts at dramatics.

That this episode was a mess, it was and there is no other way saying that. It's simply not negativity, it is plain old commentary on rather idiotic development. And, I can't even number how many stupid cliches they have managed to cram in this episode.

I am not done with this, but entire CW Superhero roster moves to summer roster. I am rather sad, because I liked them :)

So I posted on the Arrow thread that I couldn't watch past season 1.

Gave this show a try and couldn't get past episode 2. So many face-palm moments!

Does it get any better? Or is this a show for the true fans only?

So, The Flash travels to Earth 3, meets a flying, super strong alien girl with laser eyes, and all he says to his friends when he returns is "how long was I gone?". They are frantically trying to figure out how to travel the multiverse and Barry doesn't think his accidental traversal to Earth 3 is relevant information.

Well I guess I'm wondering, now that Barry is no longer the Flash, if he's going to fess up about Earth 3 and Super Girl, and maybe see if they can't get her to drop by, thanks to Cisco, and help out with the Earth 2 sitch and maybe get Caitlin back. Or is Barry just going to jab himself with V9?

IMO, I think they should send Cisco to Earth 3 to fetch Kara. He's now a genuine badass with his vibe glasses, and he can stealth in since he's unknown. Bazza turning up with no speed would be a bit disappointing, though it would make Jimmy puff out his chest a bit. And of course Cisco and Winn can have an even bigger bromance than Bazza and Winn.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, DaveSumm said:

Yup, basically. Was the reveal of it being Jay that great to merit that horrible scene where they had to explain all this? Ugh. "I convinced my time remnant to kill himself". "I pretended to be The Flash to feel like a hero". Just fucking admit you didn't plan it. Why couldn't it just be Hunter Zolomon, and Jay was just Jay? Would that have been so bad? 

The ONE TIME all season that Barry's been faster than him, and they fuck up the "plan" (stand there and talk about how he's not gonna hurt anyone and forget to actually do anything), and what's Jay's plan? Eh, can't be bothered to think of anything clever........lets just do the kidnap thing again. Right.

Easily the worst writing so far. I'm with the rest of you, I'll see out the seasons and I'm done. It's just an obligation to watch now and it's a real chore.

ETA: Props for attempting to make the Supergirl crossover work, but that also made no sense........he literally just used the tachyon doohickey to travel to another earth, and immediately commences a conversation about how they're going to get to another earth.

The writers really give zero fucks about the quality of this show, but you really have to love their commitment to the environment: reduce, reuse, recycle!!

I think I'm more likely to watch season two of The Shannara Chronicles than I am to watch season 3 of this.

I forgot to mention this, but my favorite part of the episode was when I didn't hit fast forward quick enough when it went to commercial and I heard, "The Flash is brought to you by Marvel's Captain America: Civil War."  I thought that was hysterical. 

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So, The Flash travels to Earth 3, meets a flying, super strong alien girl with laser eyes, and all he says to his friends when he returns is "how long was I gone?".

So that worked out even better than my idea of how they'd handle it.

"Should we try to integrate this crossover into the episode?"

"Nah, we'll need all the time we have to try to make sense of this mess of a story we've created."

"Think we'll succeed?"

"Are you kidding? Have you ever bothered to actually watch our show?"

This was terrible. Really not much more needs to be said. Everybody is an idiot and the Zoom plot makes no sense. Also: is now really the best time to get back into the potential Barry/Iris relationship? And why is Iris still not involved in the whole Wally plot? Gah, why am I even bothering to still think about this show?

Watched the last 3 episodes while partaking in a long train journey. they were enjoyably bad. Highlights were as follows.

Barry decides to travel back in time because that's easier than learning how to run faster. Ok...

Barry's solution to not having a younger him running around is to knock him out. It's good that he maintains this solution for himself and not just his alternates. Shame he didn't try and sleep with an ex while he was there.

Despite being told how fucking important it is not to mess with the time-line almost the first thing he does is intentionally screw with the time-line and bust Pied Piper's escape attempt. Which then makes the fact he does nothing to save his love rivals life more questionable.

All Barry's problems are solved by running faster.

Is the dissolving Trajectory going to come into play with Zoom at all?

Speaking of Zoom the conspiracy theorist in me is almost certain that the writers read the "Jay is Zoom" theory on this forum and ad hoc incorporated it. If that's true said writer has very thick skin. I needn't dwell on what others have said about the nonsensical plot here. I mean Wells seemed to know Hunter Zolomon really well - it's not like he was unrecognizable with a beard. And the whole "shits and giggles" reasoning for pretending to be a hero. Really?

Yes, Wells, I imagine it is easier to find a 2 ton talking Gorilla than a young woman of which there's probably around half a billion of. He clearly isn't a master of stats.

I loved the moment he had to jump over the river to stop trajectory. Even though with superpseed he could have easily just ran over the next available bridge. Plus he can run up walls - hasn't he ran over water already by this point?

But great entertainment for a train journey.

Archived