The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

15 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Because... Well he was gonna... Yeah and then... And don't forget about... ...... .........

Jaxom didn't show up to defend the show this week, so that tells me it was off the charts bad ;)

Has anybody looked at the ratings lately? I feel like they have to be dropping.

13 hours ago, red snow said:

He may do a lot of questionable things but Barry keeps his word - especially when it comes to making the life of a supervillain easier.

So, Barry Allen is, in fact, the dumbest man alive? OK, I was pretty sure, I was just checking. 

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 2:43 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

Because... Well he was gonna... Yeah and then... And don't forget about... ...... .........

Jaxom didn't show up to defend the show this week, so that tells me it was off the charts bad ;)

Has anybody looked at the ratings lately? I feel like they have to be dropping.

I've actually been rather busy. It's the final few weeks of the school year and my company's contact is up so I've been working on doing my job while looking for a job...I just haven't had time for ya'll's whining... :P

It wasn't a high point for the show, but the idea of exploring Barry without speed has merit. That he'll get it back is inevitable. That they'll try to do it with the particle accelerator was inevitable. 

I'm hoping for a strong finish, but they need to slim down the cast a little to strengthen things overall.

13 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I've actually been rather busy. It's the final few weeks of the school year and my company's contact is up so I've been working on doing my job while looking for a job...I just haven't had time for ya'll's whining... :P

It wasn't a high point for the show, but the idea of exploring Barry without speed has merit. That he'll get it back is inevitable. That they'll try to do it with the particle accelerator was inevitable. 

I'm hoping for a strong finish, but they need to slim down the cast a little to strengthen things overall.

I think this could well be the issue with all the DC CW shows. I think Flash could get by with Barry, Cisco (or Wells) and Joe. Unless Iris became more of an investigative journalist in which case she could potentially replace Joe. But I'd probably rather have the sausage fest of Barry, Joe and Wells. It's a shame they aren't all related as that would negate them trying to do relationships. I often think theis is a reason why I enjoyed the first 5 seasons of Supernatural - they never had the leads fall in love with each other.

I've heard the Arrow cast is shrinking/shrunk. They could do with a season of Olly, Diggle and Felicity again with other characters popping in and out.

That or they need some writers who can handle a large cast eg one of Whedonites.

I notice the final episode is called The Man In The Iron Mask. I'm struggling to see how that can't be disappointing, it'll basically be 'wow, it turns out it was (*insert literally any character*)! So I guess (*insert terrible explanation that makes it abundantly clear this was never planned*)'.

I'm not sure why, but I've always been able to compartmentalise the murder and illegal imprisonment and not let it bother me too much. Until this week. There was a clear window there where they could have suggested simply telling him that was why he was aging, and try to help him. But they leapt on the murder option, with no argument. Essentially, Team Flash aren't superheroes, they're the meta-human cleanup squad. Dealing with meta-humans whatever the cost. I wonder if tallying up the murders between Flash and Captain Cold, who would win? I genuinely don't know. And he was supposed to be a villain. Maybe he can come back from Legends and give some moral guidance to Flash. Maybe strike some kind of deal where he lets him continue to operate, but he's not allowed to kill anyone. Flash, I mean.

20 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm struggling to remember but hasn't Cold only really killed his dad?

His very first appearance, the guard. Barry freaked out afterwards that Sisco hadnt told him about the gun.

12 hours ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

He also killed the guy who sold him the cold-gun.

He also killed physics, technology and logic when he froze a laser to get past a security beam.

That was boring. Barry was surprisingly reluctant to get back to his villainous ways, giving us an entire episode until we finally got the payoff for last week's setup, but with a twist! The show's eponymous hero protagonist might be dead!

I love that their conclusion as to why they haven't heard of various methumans was because they were afraid of being caught by the Flash, instead of maybe assuming that they're just decent people trying to live their lives. Though of course Barry's descent into villainy makes even more sense if becoming a metahuman will inevitably turn people evil.

That Barry simply didn't just jump back into the particle accelerator right away and attempted to think about the consequences by consulting all his various father figures worked. 

That other metals humans are afraid of the flash..that all other metas are meant to be bad guys was clumsy. Though at least they're setting up Jessie Quick and Kids Flash...yay...

Having the Flash seemingly dead at the end wasn't unexpected. I'm not a Kevin Smith fan, but let's see what he does with next week...

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That Barry simply didn't just jump back into the particle accelerator right away and attempted to think about the consequences by consulting all his various father figures worked. 

I agree.  In fact up until the last 5-10 minutes I was thinking this is a really good episode, Barry hasn't murdered anybody, he's actually thinking about other people... and then we get the all the other metas are just hiding out because of the Flash (not because they're good or neutral people, or that their powers are just shit), and then Zoom's overacting - especially his "You thought you could give the Flash back his powers, but instead you killed him. Mwuhahahahha."  Worst. Delivery. Ever. (but the line was also clunky as shit so I don't put all the blame on Tony Allen).  I would love it if Barry is just gone for the next three episodes and they let Wally and Jesse deal with Zoom.

I though the episode was generally mediocre. The with Barry actually worked pretty well and I always like when Flash Sr. pop up. But I didn't like the parts with Iris and her sudden declaration of love. And Zoom is really kinda shit at this point.

But I really liked the ending (minus Zoom's appearance) with Barry presumably being absorbed into the speed-force and I though the actor really managed to sell it well. I just hope the keep Barry "dead" for a while, maybe even for the rest of the season, and instead they can have Wally and Jesse Quick do the superhero stuff.

Well... you see sudden declaration of love. I see actually talking about feelings and getting them out in the open like a grown-up, rather than all the "will they, won't they" bullshit. I was relieved when she actually decided to discuss things, rather than seeing both of them firing longing looks at each other.

The stupidity of this show has to be intentional.  Like, the showrunners and writers had to have sat down and intentionally decided to be as stupid as they could with this script.  There is just no other way to explain how the stupid makes it to our screen each week.  What's the point of Zoom?  He just goes around collecting metahumans to do his bidding despite the fact that it hasn't worked EVER and they all end up dead.  Though, perhaps not at a rate faster than the metahumans Barry kills.  Speaking of, wtf with Barry and Cisco not even considering the idea of good metas.  Do they seriously think they are the only ones?  I don't even want to get started on Iris deciding that she has to settle for her brother Barry just because they existed on another Earth and because there was a potential future newspaper article with the Allen last name (and they ignore the part where the future has already been altered so many times).  Why can't they just continue as the good friend-siblings they were?  

I guess we now have our new villains for next year with Wally and Jesse likely becoming speedsters and since all speedsters hate Barry...

Gods this show.  

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

(but the line was also clunky as shit so I don't put all the blame on Tony Allen).

Tony Todd, unless this is some kind of Earth 2 Tony Todd who was actually adopted by the Allen family.

I thought it was a fairly alright episode at the start but fell apart later on. Zoom just highlights why you should never be able to beat a speedster, 'oh look Rupture failed, I'll just do it myself in half the time, because why the hell would I not do that.'

I'm hoping Barry stays gone (he's in some kind of force ghost state right? But with the Speed Force) for at least a full episode, lets see if Wally has a Sociopathic side too.

Archived