The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Tony Todd, unless this is some kind of Earth 2 Tony Todd who was actually adopted by the Allen family.

:lol:  Yep, my bad.  Since Barry Allen is a Garrick too... I guess it just felt right.  (Is that comic book canon?)

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm hoping Barry stays gone (he's in some kind of force ghost state right? But with the Speed Force) for at least a full episode, lets see if Wally has a Sociopathic side too.

Buried Alien?

But seriously, I am 100% sure that

rematerialized Barry is the man in the iron mask.

The actor playing Jay can't pull off Zoom. Add to that Zoom's 'feelings' for Caitlin being such a lame way of staying his hand (how many times is he gonna kill everyone......except our beloved characters?) and Caitlin generally being pretty boring anyway.......I can't think of anything that I'm excited to see the rest of this season. Barry will come back, deal with Zoom, blah blah. It'll be stupid, it won't make sense. 

Well at least we know who was at Laurel's funeral: hologram Barry. 

at this stage I enjoy the thread about the show a lot more than the show. At the same time I feel I have to watch the show to fully participate in the fun. That said, I've yet to watch the episode because Person of Interest is back and I'm catching up on Peaky Blinders. Ironic viewing can't trump actually enjoyable shows.

On 04/05/2016 at 5:57 AM, Jon AS said:

I love that their conclusion as to why they haven't heard of various methumans was because they were afraid of being caught by the Flash, instead of maybe assuming that they're just decent people trying to live their lives. Though of course Barry's descent into villainy makes even more sense if becoming a metahuman will inevitably turn people evil.

I stated in the old thread that my way of watching it is that the incident does make everyone evil and Barry is the evilest of all.

But even if all metas aren't evil it'd make sense for the good ones to hide. Especially given the two "good" ones think they are all evil. There must be rumours already regarding the evil illegal imprisonment. I'd certainly keep a low profile.

Maybe we'll get an anti-rogue squad where a group of good metas team up to take down Flash and co for the good of all metas?

Maybe the reason Mirror MAster hasn't turned up yet is because Barry can barely face to look at himself? I do wonder whether Mirror Master is the villain in the Flash movie? It just seems really strange they haven't featured him yet.

18 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Buried Alien?

Marvel would obviously first have to do a Quasar show. Which totally has the potential to be awesome. Just don't let the same people that writer the DC shows do it.

I hadn't considered the other possibility, but it sounds like the kind of idea the show's writers would consider really clever.

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

I stated in the old thread that my way of watching it is that the incident does make everyone evil and Barry is the evilest of all.

It really would explain everything. Well, almost everything, there's still the fact that a bunch of people who are supposed to be geniuses are acting like complete idiots.

6 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

It really would explain everything. Well, almost everything, there's still the fact that a bunch of people who are supposed to be geniuses are acting like complete idiots.

That one is tricky. The speed force draws on intelligence to work? Or Barry accidentally crossed into a bizarro world?

I'm sort of hoping we get an ending inspired by Rick and Morty where Barry just says "fuck it" travels to a dimension that's virtually identical to this one but with a few personal perks (married to Iris, his parents alive, eddie still dead), kills his alt and just lives there.

31 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

I hadn't considered the other possibility, but it sounds like the kind of idea the show's writers would consider really clever.

And that's why my confidence level is at 100%.  It also explains why only supergeniusbarryallen could figure out tMitIM's stupendously clever tapping code.

44 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

And that's why my confidence level is at 100%.  It also explains why only supergeniusbarryallen could figure out tMitIM's stupendously clever tapping code.

That would be hilarious. He could hate everyone (including himself) for not figuring out he was TMITIM.

Despite having a feedback/time-loop he still doesn't have the intelligence to just spell out "J" rather than "J-A-Y". He could have probably had time to do "J IS ZM" if he'd been fast enough but then they'd have been wondering why he spelt "jism" out. They'd probably assume he has ejaculation powers and it's his code-name.

52 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I'm dying.  THIS is WIN.

I also assumed tMitIM is Barry... any other ideas?

One of Negan's potential victims?

I kind of feel it's going to be Barry's dad but I'd like it to be Eddie. Sadly, I think it will be Barry (and it won't live up to my version) or yet another bloody Jay.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Yeah, you're right.  It could be a not-evil Jay that Caitlin could love *eyeroll*

I hadn't thought of it being a necessity in order to girl Caitlin something to do. She doesn't have much going on if she's not in love or mourning the death of a loved one.

i wish they would change the intro from 'i am the fastest man alive' to 'i am by some margin, the slowest speedster alive'.  i don't think i have ever watched a programme in so many instalments.  each episode takes at least 3 goes to get through it. 

Actually watched the episode. I like how Joe and Barry's dad are all "once Barry's mind's made up it can't be changed" only for him to spend the entire episode changing his mind.

I laughed at the garbled conversation between Zoom and Rupture.

Wells did an amazing job of not really containing the explosion. Wally and Jessie now have powers but probably everyone in the room should have as well.

Wonder if they bothered releasing all the prisoners before setting up the explosion?

It was the kind of episode that would have made a hilarious series finale.

The good news is he only disintegrated because he became faster than ever before. As it's always down to running faster I guess everything will be ok. I'm sure someone will try and tell Barry it's because he's a hero and not because he can run fast though.

11 minutes ago, red snow said:

Wonder if they bothered releasing all the prisoners before setting up the explosion?

How many prisoners do they have now? A whole bunch of them got out, I can't seem to remember them grabbing anymore since then, have they?

28 minutes ago, Mandy said:

ETA: Sorry, I have more to say about Mr. Inadequate.  Does Barry and Iris' "romance" bother anyone else?  She's his SISTER for all intents and purposes.  It's kinda grodey.  Also, none of the other girls Barry has been interested in are anything like Iris, IMO... she doesn't really seem to be his type and I don't personally feel like there is any chemistry there, whatsoever. It feels super forced and awkward. 

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole Barry & Iris thing.

The Iris sister thing has always been an issue, but it was introduced early on and I've kind of got over it. You didn't really have much choice but to accept it given how much we were beaten over the head with it and how apparently Joe is cool with it. That and Incest seems to be very very prevelant in TV and films these days, I'm kind inured.

What bothers me is how both of them have had relationships with more chemistry, Iris was not at all interested but now apparently is? Everyone is treating it like destiny or some bullshit, they have casual conversations about their marriage.

There are just odd storytelling things as well, she kind of hovers around goin on a date with her editor, then blows it off so she can pine to Caitlin (someone with whom Iris has never really spoken.) Then Caitlin reacts not like a real person who realises they need to make their own mind up, but instead goes 'yeah you're clearly in love with him' (despite the aforementioned fact that this is not at all clear.)

Anyway it seems to be kind of on the backburner for now which is good, the relationships that Flash is best at are Barry and his surrogate fathers. Although I'm not really enjoying the Joe, Wally one.

The Barry/Iris thing bothers me regardless if it was introduced early on.  For one, both of them have moved on from it.  Well, they have except for that time when Barry knocked out his other Earth self and used that time to trick kiss Iris.  Other than that, they've barely even mentioned it, have both dated other people with whom they've had great chemistry. Now suddenly Iris is all "oh, but we kinda have to because we exist together or another earth and because of a future newspaper article that probably no longer exists."  It really makes no sense, and it serves to further devalue yet another female character.  The two main female's only uses seems to be as a tool or love interest for the men around them.

20 minutes ago, Mandy said:

If Wally isn't crazy pissed when/if he finds out Barry's identity, I'll be shocked :-/

Knowing this show, he'll probably be super supportive and understanding and say "hey, ignorance totally kept me safe now lets lock up other metas in this inhumane prison you have going on."

Archived